Transport Tycoon Game

Want to let off some steam? Come and join in our forum-based games.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Forum rules
No consecutive posting in word games. If starting a new game, please check to see if there is already a similar game - such topics are likely to be locked.
warman45
Engineer
Engineer

Transport Tycoon Game

Post by warman45 »

this may not belong in forum games but i can't find a place for it.

what you need: 1 sheet of graph papper , at least 3 differently coloured pencil crayons (one must be black)

this is a game that you can play by yourself without any pieces (these were requirements seeing as i was planning on doing this in math class.)

there are a few things that you will need to know before playing this 1. there are no trains only tracks 2. i suck at writing rules 3. you can edit or make your own rules 4. look out your boss is coming!

take the blank grid paper. decide how many companies there will be. for each company you will need a colour, plus one black (or grey if your using pencil.) either get a seperate sheet or use the bottumn of your page. write each companies colour and beside it put the number 50. ( this is there starting funds.) each piece of track costs 5, each station costs 5, each good delivered gives you 5, and bridges cost 5 per space.

tracks are represented with a line of the colour of the owning player. corners are simply a line from the middle of one side to the end of another side. stations are represented by drawing a box around a track.

stations pick up goods directly from any area directly connected to the station (no diagonals.)

there are a few industries and you may add more
Industry coal mine, iron mine, steel mill, factory, farm, oil, chemical plant, city
symbol: C I S F = O 0 [][][]

first draw the symbol for each industry on the square where you want it, then draw rivers (basically map editor.) know your ready to begin
warman45
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Transport Tycoon Game

Post by warman45 »

as said earlier you have 50 resources at the start. you must transport goods from:

C - S
I - S

this makes S

O-0

this makes 0

S - F
or
0 - F

to get F

F - [][][]
and
= - [][][]
to make another [][][]

when you build a railway that transports goods from one point to another take the owning players colour and colour in the industry that the goods are LEAVING this is so that you know who owns the industry. in the case of cities highlight both. each highlighted industry gives you 5 points at the end of the turn.

as well you going to want to double the cost of everything for players with 35 income and add 5 for players with 55 income to keep them from overbuilding into everywhere in one turn.

i'm also working on rules for terrain but it's too hard to describe even the basic game on these forums I NEED PICS!
dinkiy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by dinkiy »

euuh can you repeat that :shock: :shock:
find the error
if ur smarter than my im dumb
if ur dumber than me ...
hihi o my name u dont want to now it it has 100 letters and it ends like a fart
error
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

I'll stay to OpenTTD I think.. :P
Even though I cant figure how it works, it looks rathr cool.

Return to “Forum Games”