Mornington Crescent

Want to let off some steam? Come and join in our forum-based games.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Forum rules
No consecutive posting in word games. If starting a new game, please check to see if there is already a similar game - such topics are likely to be locked.
Ploes
President
President

Re: Mornington Crescent

Post by Ploes »

Krapy Rub Snif eh?

Wasn't it Sun Tzu who said "To subdue the enemy's troops without fighting is supreme"

Working on that we move to: Owl News South

or Hounslow West as you may know it, unanamagramized.
JamieLei
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JamieLei »

Continuing on that theme, jump up the Pickawilly line (which terminates at Cockfosters (hehehehe)) to Queerer Elastics, or Leicester Square anagrammed. :)

I have hereby invoked the Homosexuality Clause of 1969 and therefore the next move must result within 5 miles of either a gay bar, or Lobster's home.
Any opinions expressed are purely mine and not that of any employer, past or present.
Nite Owl
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nite Owl »

Combining The Homosexuality Clause of 1969 with both the Stonewall Club Clause and the Hop, Skip, and Jump Convention of 1997 (Section D, subsection 23.9, rule 43-f) I go to Prince St. on the N Line (late night and weekend stops only as per rule 43-f) of the N.Y. City subway system which lands us in Manhattan's Greenwich Village.
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet
------------------------------------------------------------
Brevity is the soul of wit and obscenity is its downfall
--------------------------------------------------------
Good Night And Good Luck - Read You Soon
JamieLei
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JamieLei »

Excellent, it means I can use the Synonym clause of 1958 to jump straight to Greenwich on the DLR network, avoiding the Dollis Hill Loop of course.
Any opinions expressed are purely mine and not that of any employer, past or present.
Ploes
President
President

Post by Ploes »

Nope. I think we've been in the Dollis Hill loop for over six months now.
JamieLei
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JamieLei »

Darn. Would I be eligible to break the circle with... Watford Junction?
Absolutis
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Absolutis »

London Euston.
ImageImage
Ploes
President
President

Post by Ploes »

DIDCOT PARKWAY!

I WIN!
Absolutis
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Absolutis »

No, wrong, mr thinksheknowshowtoplaymornington crescent
Wait, did i just win?
ImageImage
John
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by John »

Nope, following the 2010 Failed Engineering Train amendment you pass through Mornington Crescent and come to a hold on Warren Street.

I therefor move to Bank in accordance to the 1809 Diagonal Moves and Pathing Regs, Volume VI, French Edition.
Dave

Post by Dave »

John wrote:Nope, following the 2010 Failed Engineering Train amendment you pass through Mornington Crescent and come to a hold on Warren Street.

I therefor move to Bank in accordance to the 1809 Diagonal Moves and Pathing Regs, Volume VI, French Edition.
Yes, and according to the 1725 Dagenham Delegation, any use of Mornington Crescent outside of the act of taking the win places the offender in Nid.

The same rules also permit a move to West Acton under the Acton Choice Clause Amendment, 1844.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Now, I may be wrong, but after looking around a bit on Google, I believe you must have meant North Acton? The Acton Choice Clause Amendment of 1844 clearly states this.

Once again, using Google as my support (And North Acton as my starting point), I get on the tube to Stratford since this is the only possible option if referring to the 3rd edition of "Mornington Crescent: A Beginner's Guide" released in 1975.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Nite Owl
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nite Owl »

Using the Reversal Convention of 1912 I hop back on the Central Line in the opposite direction of the previous entry and travel the requisite 3 stations (subsection 2a) to Liverpool Street. Once there subsection 3b of the aforementioned Convention forces me to switch trains and lines. So I take the Hammersmith and City line the prescribed (subsection 4c) 7 stations which makes my entry this time around to be Baker Street. While there I visit an old friend at 221b and have a nice chat over a cup of tea.
Absolutis
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Absolutis »

Using the Randomness Amendment of 2000, I hop to Bakerloo line and travel to charing cross (subsection 43e) . From there i travel to Mornington crescent by northern (subsection 20h).

I win?
ImageImage
John
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by John »

Nope, as under Subsection 20i of the Randomness Amendment of 2000 you failed to have 3 blue tokens on you which as a result moves you way past Mornington Crescent and onto Liverpool.

Following the 1337 SROTU St Andrew Delegation, which permits circular travel using linear bipolar routes, I move north to the similar sounding Liverpool Street Station.
Absolutis
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Absolutis »

The St Andrew Delegation clause permits linear bipolar route movement on augusts (subsection 5a) So you cant do that.
But the Liverpool-London Tube Delegation of 1898 permits me from using tube right after coming from liverpool, so I travel to kings cross by train and hop onto northern, go to canden town (subsection 9h)(i might have misspelled it) and WALK to mornington crescent (Subsection 10i)

NOW i win.
ImageImage
Nite Owl
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nite Owl »

No you don't due to the Silly Walk Convention in the Python Compact of 1973 which states and I quote "Any walking done between stations during a game of Morning Crescent must be done in an extremely silly manner. Such an extremely silly walk must be provable in some way, such as video or film, to others participating in that game." That being said you, and the rest of us playing the game, are left at your last played non walking stop which was Camden Town on the Northern Line.
JamieLei
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JamieLei »

Bearing in mind that I DO have 2 blue tokens, and am well on the way to getting a third, I take the East London Overground to Broad Street.
Dave

Post by Dave »

JamieLei wrote:Bearing in mind that I DO have 2 blue tokens, and am well on the way to getting a third, I take the East London Overground to Broad Street.
Under the Rules of the 1965 Laws of Railway Delays, I make a short move to Rotherhithe where a passengers has been taken ill.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
JamieLei
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JamieLei »

Ohdear. Rotherhithe. Rotherhithe. Rotherhithe.

Since I was actually in the audience for the recent recording of the season finale in Cambridge, I invoke the Barry Cryer clause, coupled with the Gavin (Dowland) and Stacey flag, moving to Barry Island.

Since Rotherite is in action, it therefore blocks the use of any subsequent Third Rail station, as long as Barry Cryer is sober.

Return to “Forum Games”