My megagame (OpenTTD-JGRPP)

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
mrjack2
Engineer
Engineer

My megagame (OpenTTD-JGRPP)

Post by mrjack2 »

Feel I should have a place where I can point to links and savefiles of my mega-game, maybe together with some screenshots as I go. So here it is.

Savegame. You need JGR's patchpack, version 40.4 or newer.
Pilkington & Co., 25th Nov 2086.sav
(6.4 MiB) Downloaded 171 times
Quick screenshot of the whole map to give an idea of it:
Pilkington & Co., 26th Nov 2086#1.png
(5.45 MiB) Not downloaded yet
This NewGRF is not available in the content downloader:
Ratings1.0.tar
(18 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
Some quick info:
  • Start date 1836
  • Current date 2086
  • Daylength x5 (so 250 game years =1250 default game years
  • Cargodist in use for almost all cargos
  • 2408 stations (1942 of them accept passengers)
  • 642 trains (268 passenger trains, 371 freight trains, 3 counter trains)
  • 1199 road vehicles (all of which are trams that connect to train stations or provide cross-town services in the central city)
  • 12 ships and 3 helicopters (all serving specific industries; ships have otherwise been unnecessary, and planes avoided)
  • Passenger network (also carrying mail) is structured around 12 maglev lines, some of which have multiple branches. Lowest headways are 4 minutes (the limit of a single platform); most are 5 minutes, more minor lines run at 10 minutes
  • Central city of Igo has population of 877,000 and growing. This is the only city on the map; the other 100 towns are growth-limited by the gamescript, with cargo deliveries increasing this limit. The largest towns are around 50,000. In many places towns have grown into each other to create conglomerations.
  • The core of the freight network consists of 152 trains running an elaborate demand-responsive conditional-order scheme to move cargo all over the map. This has 4 central hubs (around the central city) and 8 outer hubs exchanging trains.
  • Connecting to this is 145 industry-focused trains, usually only delivering as far as the closest mainline station, and 74 trains focused on delivering town cargo to towns that do not have a mainline cargo station. Conditional orders and counters give these some demand-responsiveness, i.e. they'll stop and wait a while if previous trains on the route were not full.
  • Company value is 27 billion dollars
  • Will add more screenshots etc when I feel like it.
mrjack2
Engineer
Engineer

Re: My megagame (OpenTTD-JGRPP)

Post by mrjack2 »

Latest savegame
Attachments
Pilkington & Co., 22nd Jun 2093.sav
(7.01 MiB) Downloaded 128 times

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”