I'm in a rush right now so i'll just post the download link to my map here so watch out for this space.
Save game name's BRBA which stands for British Railways By Amir, here's the download link:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Currently (7th June) the file isn't loadable for Vanilla OpenTTD. At one point i crossed over to JGR's Patchpack, and although i did nothing that could've physically conflicted with the vanilla version, i still couldn't get it to load on the vanilla side (although i am trying). On JGR, the version's 0.31.3, so anything lower won't work (i presume).
Changelog (temporary, i'll maybe put it in a notefile instead):
- Great Britain Progress 3.png
- (204.39 KiB) Not downloaded yet
- Great Britain Progress 4.png
- (118.76 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Progress is quite slow, i must admit. But i've managed to incorporate the entirety of the South Western Main Line together with some extra side dishes. I'm thinking of laying down the main lines then filling in the ones in between them so next may be the Great Western and their extension down into Cornish Main Line.
- Great Britain Progress 5.png
- (141.07 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Finished the main Great Western Mainline, the lines into Bristol was quite a pain but managed to do it regardless. I've also established a base over Plymouth. Felt like giving South Devon Mainline a new name, Dawlish Mainline instead. And don't worry, I have an idea as to how to do the Dawlish Sea Walls, so keep your hopes up! Aside from that, I'm also thinking of extending the LSWR network down to Penzance, by expanding from Padstow via Newquay, crossing the GWR's Cornish Mainline at Truro into Falmouth before both of them merging on the approach into Penzance. Hopefully there'll be enough space for me to construct two mainlines down there.
- Great Britain Progress 6.png
- (183.3 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Filled up the entire Cornwall & majority of Devonshire. Also reworked Beighton Junction (GCML outside Sheffield). I've included some fictional lines into the region such as railways up Dartmoor & the LSWR extension all the way down into Penzance.
- Great Britain Progress 7.png
- (102.15 KiB) Not downloaded yet
It was taking me quite a while so i decided to release one backup first before things could go wrong. Originally i wanted to wait till i finished the main Southern region (East Coastway, West Coastway and everything in between them and London), but this should be a good enough of a progress.
- Great Britain Progress 8.png
- (231.58 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Finally! Also added plenty of towns and villages, especially up there over the Scottish Highlands (& Far North). Next will be the Welsh Marches, will be running the main line along the Welsh border and stop right before entering it at Hereford. Fill up everything in between that and the national rail network, then leave Wales be (at least for a while). I really need to rework the lines north of the midlands because the standards i've set there were different, and the alignment is terrible in some places (2 Gretnas, i don't know what i was doing back then; Kirby Stephen is also terrible, but reworking it is gonna be quite hard).
I'm probably not gonna bother making it compatible with vanilla OTTD by now, although a lot of my standards will still be the same (supposedly compatible with vanilla); e.g. no curved-entrance bridges (useful over Barnstaple & Dundee), no signals on bridges and tunnels (the signalling method is just no different from placing them right outside those things) and so on.
- Great Britain Progress 9.png
- (117.81 KiB) Not downloaded yet
In the list of things i need to rip out and relay:
- Manchester-Liverpool Axis
- Stainmore Line (Kirby Stephen & Bishop Auckland)
- Waverley Route (the branches)
- Caledonian Main Line (Gretna stretch & branches)
- Glasgow (all the branches out of it)
- Aberdeen (If possible/necessary)
- Callander & Oban Railway (Callander portion)
- Skipton (Skipton-Ilkey & Skipton-Burnley via Colne)
- Blackburn (Orientate)
- Chesterfield-Martock (Proposed but never done)
- Great Britain Progress 10.png
- (115.58 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I tried removing all trees and replanting them, but i only noticed the roughlands after i've saved it. Made the map look very ugly, but oh well.
By now i felt like i should probably create a new map. I had test-played this before, even during the early days of me playing this scenario map, and noticed that some GRFs either didn't load or loaded improperly. I'm not sure what to do, but i don't think tampering with the scenario/savefile is a good thing to do. So i've come to the conclusion that perhaps, i should replicate this map. This would also give me the chance to make it vanilla compatible since i can start anew from that version instead. The current map also has some other issues such as the sparks/smoke effects from the trains, and that storymode bug caused by me previously loading a gamescript (i've taken it out by Version 1, so it's the progress before it) and so on. Not sure how long that'll be so i'll be finishing the Wales part first before replicating this map (by hand). Also remind me to remove some uneccesary GRFs, makes things much cleaner.
I've checked your thread (not save, just yet) out @mrbeanisgood, it is very impressive, keep up the good work!
- Great Britain Progress 11.png
- (280.12 KiB) Not downloaded yet
And so, Version 4.92 is up! Everything should still be connected aside from Stainmore Line via Barnard Castle.
P.S did you realise i wrote Chesterfield-Martock when it's supposed to be Matlock instead. Yep, fault on my end that time.
I'm back! And Version 4.93 is up! I've reconnected the Settle & Carlisle Line, Stainmore Line and added the Eden Valley Line. Never thought aligning Appleby would be harder than Kirkby Stephen, which is the core of this track-relaying. Recently my laptop experienced some problems so i'll be dropping new versions without polishing unless i have the time.
- Great Britain Progress 12.png
- (186.65 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Version 4.94 is out. Added the Alston line, Weardale line & Tees Valley line. Originally intended to link all the three of them with a junction just south of Alston, but scrapped the idea soon after. Putting in river Wear was also one of them, but putting in the bridges on the existing railways isn't as easy as it sounds, especially in making it look pretty.
- Great Britain Progress 13.png
- (172.74 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Added the Border Counties Railway, Wansbeck Railway & Peebles Loop. I spent most of it identifying potential additions and reworks. And found a lot of them:
- Realign Caledonian Main Line over Beattock Summit
- Rework Dumfries, along with the line to Stranraer via Castle Douglas
- Link from Paisley to Kilmarnock, along with reworking Kilmarnock
- Crianlarich to Stirling via Callander
- Extend Glasgow Central (& possibly Glasgow Queen Street too) platforms to 7
- Completely rework Edinburgh, remove Haymarket station
- Add the link between Perth & Montrose that bypasses Dundee
- Dee Valley line that branches out of Aberdeen
- Add a branch to West Kilbride (probably terminating at Largs instead)
- Add a branch to East Kilbride (possibly connecting to Caledonian Main Line)
- Link from Cumnock to Caledonian Main Line (probably Carstairs)
- Rework the Gretna stretch
- Add the Carlisle-Silloth line, in addition to the bridge crossing Solway Firth
- Study branch lines north of Aberdeen
- Study other railway lines along the Cumbrian Coast line
- Great Britain Progress 14.png
- (178.36 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Running out of money, can i make it? Anyway, Reworked both Glasgow South Western Line & Caledonian Main Line, and added/reworked a number of lines surrounding them. Also added several lines around Whitby & Malton, and Workington & Silloth. We're almost there!
- Great Britain Progress 15.png
- (134.76 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests