[OTTD] Fallout Newkton

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Fuerfrost
Engineer
Engineer

[OTTD] Fallout Newkton

Post by Fuerfrost »

Heya folks.

This is the first of a series of post-apocalyptic-themed maps featuring the Wasteland newgrf, among numerous others that I feel can add a lot to the map in the long run. I know the newgrf list is lengthy, but frankly I hate how few authors seem to be willing to include some of the quality content that is available out there with their scenarios.

Anyway without further adieu, I present to you Newkton, otherwise known as New Keppington in a previous life, prior to the global war/demonic invasion/asteroid impact/your choice of other doomsday scenario appropriate to the end of this particular world. Several giant craters inhabit this once-thriving metropolis, where now only a few thousand survivors scavenge what they can off the remains of civilization. Surrounding the central city is a handful of tiny villages living off the irradiated foodstuffs still able to grow and from the severely mutated animals that survived the End. Minerals, ore, gravel, and water are all available in various abandoned areas of the map, overgrown and relatively inaccessible.

Keep in mind, no one appreciates the destruction of their property, so you might find repurposing all those fields and side-roads a dangerous proposition for future growth.

Hope everyone enjoys and best of luck with the apocalypse! All feedback is welcome! :)

Required Newgrf:
  • NUTS Unrealistic Train Set 0.8.4
  • CHIPS Station Set 1.9.0
  • FIRS and CHIPS style objects - v0.1.10
  • Original vehicles cargo set
  • CHIPS Custom Docks v1.0
  • Wasteland Town Names
  • Wasteland 0.4.0
  • Ore Unloader Station 0.1
  • ISR-style Dock V1.4
  • ISR/DWE-style Objects v1.1
  • ISR Rail & Road Depots v0.2
  • Industrial Stations Renewal 1.0.2
  • Romazoon Object Set
  • Total Bridge Renewal Set Version 1.2
  • Town Walls Objects v0.1
  • SNO - Supercheese's NewObjects
  • VAST (Objects) 0.3.0
  • Farm Objects
  • Fake Airport Objects v0.1
  • Generic Skyscraper Objects Set 0.1
  • City Objects
  • Czech Road Set 1.0
  • CZTR Bridge Set
  • CZTR Effects 1.0.0
  • CZTR Rail Addons 1.0.2
  • CZTR Road set 2.0.0
  • CZTR stations
  • CZTR Tree set 2.0.1
  • CHIPS Industrial Renewal style objects - v0.1
  • Beach Objects v1.2
  • AuzRoadAndTownObjects
  • AuzRailObjects

All important download link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fJPaB ... sP01OA_yZK

[256]
[wasteland]
[apocalypse]
[scenario]
[future]
[fantasy]
Andrew350
Chairman
Chairman

Re: [OTTD] Fallout Newkton

Post by Andrew350 »

Ok, I don't normally play OpenTTD scenarios, but I just have to say that the level of detail you put into these is amazing :) Seriously, how many mice did you go through placing all those objects? Is your wrist okay? :lol:

I haven't properly played Newkton yet, but I think this is one of my favorite maps to just scroll through and enjoy the details :) I wish more scenario creators would go to this level to make the experience this immersive. Real world maps are okay, but fantasy is where creativity shines. Keep up the good work, I look forward to seeing more :)
Fuerfrost
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Fuerfrost »

Always nice to see positive feedback from the mod creator himself. Glad you approve :)
Fuerfrost
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Fuerfrost »

Also, slightly related, I have made a handful of other wasteland-themed scenarios that I tossed on reddit. Newkton you're familiar with, but there is also Tectonic Wasteland and Iceworld here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/openttd/commen ... ario_pack/

As well as New Beginnings here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/openttd/commen ... asochists/

And my newest non-wasteland-themed map, Extra-planetary Colonialism
https://www.reddit.com/r/openttd/commen ... e_welcome/

Not meant to be a bump for my own content, but if you like it, feel free to check the rest out as well :)

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”