[OTTD] Japan 1875

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
amadeus
Engineer
Engineer

[OTTD] Japan 1875

Post by amadeus »

Japan 1875

This is a set of 4096 x 2048 maps of Japan with over 650 towns placed. There are two versions: a vanilla industry version without any industries placed and a second version that includes the JP+ GRFs and the AXIS Industry set, all downloads should be available on BaNaNas.

With the AXIS Industry Set version, as much attention as possible has been paid to putting primary industries in their historical locations based on the freely-available sources that I've found. In some cases, things like iron ore mines and pyrite mines are substituted for where copper or other mines have been. Some others I had no luck in finding so have been put where I feel like they could be. Also, some extra primary industries have been scattered around the map for the sake of completeness.

With secondary industries such as coke ovens and steel mills, I have placed only a few on the map as I didn't want to crowd the cities. I feel there is ample room to build these yourself and make your own optimizations. Goods receiving industries like grocery stores, gas stations, and hardware stores have not been placed, nor has any industry that appears starting from 1900 onwards.

Made in OpenTTD 13.3.

If there are any big problems with the map, or if something doesn't work right, please let me know here and I'll try and see if I can fix it.

Thanks,
amadeus

Latest Version: (JP+ AXIS) 1.3
Japan 1875 (JP+ AXIS) v13.scn
Japan 1875 v1.3 JP/AXIS
(3 MiB) Downloaded 145 times
Adjustments: cargo distribution was not working properly. I have changed the settings so that it now should. I also put back a couple of industries I deleted and forgot to re-add.

Updated August 10th, 2023
Attachments
Japan 1875 (JP+ AXIS) v12.scn
Japan 1875
(3 MiB) Downloaded 59 times
Last edited by amadeus on 10 Aug 2023 03:49, edited 2 times in total.
amadeus
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [OTTD] Japan 1875

Post by amadeus »

On a related note, I have goofed and when I tried to upload an update that removed a GRF that was causing the price of wagons to be excessively high, it now shows both on BaNaNas. If it's possible to remove the old version (1), I would like to do that and keep 1.1 online so as to not clutter up the list of files for people. :oops:

Thanks again!
amadeus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by amadeus »

One of the things I've learned through this process is: check all the NewGRFs you're using. I discovered the Japan buildings set will only allow skyscrapers in cities, so I had to go through and replace many of the towns with cities. I've updated them with the industry.

Not every town is a city: some places were picked because of population, density, or proximity by/away from other urban centers. Thoughts or suggestions always welcome.

Please see the top post for the most recent version. :))
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

I don't like too much that there is no snow in the scenario. Why the temperate climate?

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”