Fortune Bay is a hand-crafted scenario I made for my own entertainment, which attempts to be a fictional but authentic ex-British colony somewhere in sub-Saharan Africa or South America. Thanks to the fact I'm now using a well-supported public fork instead of my ancient, self-compiled version of OpenTTD, I can share it with the forum as a byproduct so to speak. As far as play styles are concerned, the map contains several large cities for EL, suburban rail and extensive tram networks, whereas the resource-rich highlands are largely rural in character and sparsely populated. Since FIRS "In a Hot Country" is focused heavily on the export of raw materials and exotic goods, a good portion of any cargo flow will likely originate in the highlands and terminate at the various shipping terminals, with petrol and supplies moving in the opposite direction.
Highmap: Congo river basin from BANANAS (modified)
Towns: Managed by the Villages is Villages script
Industries: Static and managed by VisV (can be disabled in the scenario editor). I think the game tends to spawn way too many industries during actual gameplay.
Fortune Bay comes in two flavours:
Complete, daylength 50
- The one I play.
- UKRS2, 600mm narrow gauge, HEQS, eGRVTS2, City Tram Set, Squid, AV8, General AV8
- A couple of station sets.
- Running costs adjusted with BaseCosts 4.0 because scaling was WAY off and prevented many vehicles from ever turning a profit.
- Cargodist for PAX and cargo.
Complete, daylength 1
- The same, but with default running costs.
- Town cargo generation reduced somewhat.
As always, don't forget to tweak the settings and newGRF parameters to your liking.
- Fortune Bay_setup_contours.jpg
- (67.96 KiB) Not downloaded yet
- Fortune Bay_setup_road network.jpg
- (43.69 KiB) Not downloaded yet
- supplemental NewGRF package.zip
- Includes AV8 with range limits removed.
- (4.16 MiB) Downloaded 131 times
- Route Supervisor
- Posts: 397
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007 09:27
- Skype: madchimiste
- Location: Berlin, Deutschland
Here were the results, game is still going but has slowed down
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest