USA-Canada 4K Scenario

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

USA-Canada 4K Scenario

Post by NekoMaster »

WELCOME!
To the "USA-Canada 4K Scenario" thread!

(Files posted at the end of this FIRST POST as well as online via BaNaNaS!)

Aside from some time off binge drinking and dealing with anxiety, I've been working almost non-stop on this scenario for the last 2-3 months (End of July 2018 to Sept 19, 2018)

This is a 4K (4096x4096 size) scenario based on the original USA Scenario made by myfineshrine back in 2009, so almost 10 years later we have a almost faithful 4K recreation.

Some things may be off either by accident or because I tried to place things more accurately based on their real life positions.

For now I'm releasing a Vanilla/OpenGFX Industry version of the scenario, though I do plan to make a FIRS and maybe ECS version in the future, though after 2 months of constant work
I just want to get around to playing the game again :D

I hope everyone enjoys it, as I put a lot of work into this!

This post will contain the Town only release (which may need some tweaks) and the Vanilla Industry Versions for now. All versions use only NewGRF's available from the Content Downloader/BaNaNaS

PS: FOR THE TOWN ONLY VERSION, you will need to enable the developer options such as scenario_developer and newgrf_developer options in your openttd.cfg to enable modifying the NewGRF's and Scenario options.
Attachments
USA-CANADA 4K - 1950 TOWNS ONLY - OpenTTD v1.7.2.scn
NO INDUSTRY - TOWN ONLY! (ADD YOUR OWN INDUSTRIES!)
(2.32 MiB) Downloaded 808 times
USA-CANADA 4K - 1950 INDUSTRY (OpenTTD v1.7.2) v1.00.scn
Vanilla/OpenGFX Version
(12.92 MiB) Downloaded 1243 times
USA 4K - 1950 (ECS VECTORS v2.0.2) - OpenTTD v1.7.2.scn
ECS Industries Version
(9.78 MiB) Downloaded 745 times
Last edited by NekoMaster on 15 Jan 2021 18:50, edited 4 times in total.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: USA-Canada 4K Scenario

Post by NekoMaster »

SCREEN SHOTS!

Washington D.C, The Capital of The United States of America

Ottawa, The Capital of the Dominion of Canada

Toronto, Ontario

New York City, NY

Montreal, Quebec

The Twin Cities, St. Paul and Mineapolis

Seattle and Puget Sound area

Denver, Colorado
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

In a word?
WHOA!!

Well done.

Five bows ...

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

Magestic and Magnificent
Image Image
Sprite artist and NewGRF developer, coding in NML. My projects:
NewGRFs: Not Enough Subways Set | North American Passenger Railroads | Elevated Subway Bridge | Tony Pixel's Subway Equipment Set (frozen)
Screenshots: New York City Subway Episodes
Sunmannus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Sunmannus »

Just... amazing!
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Thanks for the feed back guys!

I'd also like to see people playing this through screen shots, I'd imagine the larger map will allow for more complex and interesting setups.

ALso I'd suggest playing this with JGR Patch pack or another patch that has a day length patch since some area's will be very spread out now, which at times could take up to a year to traverse in vanilla OpenTTD
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

NekoMaster wrote:ALso I'd suggest playing this with JGR Patch pack or another patch that has a day length patch since some area's will be very spread out now, which at times could take up to a year to traverse in vanilla OpenTTD
Sounds like Via Rail crossing Canada on a good day. :mrgreen:
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

wallyweb wrote:
NekoMaster wrote:ALso I'd suggest playing this with JGR Patch pack or another patch that has a day length patch since some area's will be very spread out now, which at times could take up to a year to traverse in vanilla OpenTTD
Sounds like Via Rail crossing Canada on a good day. :mrgreen:
We have to update Canadian Set and USSet one day to use those new fancy features 8)

But I just got a new map to play with, well done!
Sunmannus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Sunmannus »

NekoMaster wrote: ...
ALso I'd suggest playing this with JGR Patch pack or another patch that has a day length patch since some area's will be very spread out now, which at times could take up to a year to traverse in vanilla OpenTTD
And I would like to add: adjust the town's growth to slow, or use a city growth GS. That is, if you want to bring a bit more of reality to the scenario.
jimbob
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jimbob »

Congratulations, major achievement to create such as large map. Very Awesome to have a large North America map, i've never played much of the others as they all felt quite cramped for such a massive continent.

Weird the released same day as I put my 4K New Zealand Scenario on bananas. Hopefully we are setting a trend for awesome new 4k scenarios :)
Real life transport planner
My projects:Link to my UK Scenario|Scenario Builder GS
Do check out my 3D unity transport game: transporter
baches1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by baches1 »

This has been fun playing. Am I able to add a set/ load Mag trains or something to this so that I can get 400+mph back instead of the same trains? Sorry I don't know how all these work.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

I've updated the Scenario to v1.01 for the Vanilla Industry version, I fixed a couple of town names, for example, Montreal for some reason was Monreal, QC and apparently Cleveland was in a piece of Pennsylvania that sat in Ohio :P

ITs not a major update so you can still continue playing with your v1.00 scenario and you can just fix the names for Montreal, Cleveland, and White River Junction.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

baches1 wrote:This has been fun playing. Am I able to add a set/ load Mag trains or something to this so that I can get 400+mph back instead of the same trains? Sorry I don't know how all these work.
Yes you could enable Maglev, what you'd have to do though is change the High Speed Narrow Gauge/Monolevel parameter in my NOrth american track set to enable the Monolev rail and if you still want to use narrow gauge trains, just set low speed narrow gauge to something like 128 km/h as no Narrow gauge trains/locomotives in North America run faster then 120 km/h
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Sorry for the triple post, I should have probably put my previous posts together in one single post though at least this post will help to show theres a new unread post.

There is now an ECS Industries version available on the first post for download!

I will be uploading the ECS industries version of the USA-Canada 4K scenario to BaNaNaS shortly so people can download the scenario from the content downloader
dogon11
Engineer
Engineer

Post by dogon11 »

Sorry to necro, but my searching (both on-forum and on Google) has been fruitless. I've been trying to use these scenarios (as both pulled off the forum attachments here and out of the GRF browser in OTTD), but every single one I've fired up has had nothing to it's heightmap. That is to say that the map would load completely flat and entirely covered in water. The only things that would load were the signs welcoming me to the scenario and providing thanks to the old America heightmap. Any recommendations? Things I should do to attempt to fix? Should I give up hope and find some other scenario to try?
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

Have you tried using the zoom in/out buttons on the map ?
Screenshot 2019-12-29 at 11.01.43.png
(611.48 KiB) Not downloaded yet
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

dogon11 wrote: 29 Dec 2019 07:58 Sorry to necro, but my searching (both on-forum and on Google) has been fruitless. I've been trying to use these scenarios (as both pulled off the forum attachments here and out of the GRF browser in OTTD), but every single one I've fired up has had nothing to it's heightmap. That is to say that the map would load completely flat and entirely covered in water. The only things that would load were the signs welcoming me to the scenario and providing thanks to the old America heightmap. Any recommendations? Things I should do to attempt to fix? Should I give up hope and find some other scenario to try?

The map is so huge that you have to zoom out or move around some to see the land :D

Like the person who made the original USA scenario, I decided to put my credits and stuff in the very bottom corner of the map which is way out in the Atlantic ocean.
macee
Engineer
Engineer

Post by macee »

NekoMaster wrote: 15 Oct 2018 01:48 Sorry for the triple post, I should have probably put my previous posts together in one single post though at least this post will help to show theres a new unread post.

There is now an ECS Industries version available on the first post for download!

I will be uploading the ECS industries version of the USA-Canada 4K scenario to BaNaNaS shortly so people can download the scenario from the content downloader
How did you change industry NewGRF? Or did you place every town 4 times?
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

macee wrote: 02 Jan 2020 17:56
NekoMaster wrote: 15 Oct 2018 01:48 Sorry for the triple post, I should have probably put my previous posts together in one single post though at least this post will help to show theres a new unread post.

How did you change industry NewGRF? Or did you place every town 4 times?
I made a town only version and no industry GRF's that I used for making the industry versions. While it's not the best idea to change GRF's after a scenario has been made, so far it doesnt seem to have caused any problems for me.
This is part of the reason why I try to make a town only version of scenarios now (though so far the USA 4K scenario is the only one that I've released with a Town only, Vanilla INdustry, ECS and NAIS versions)
macee
Engineer
Engineer

Post by macee »

Oh, I understand. I was hoping for some quick method for placing towns:)

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”