USA-Canada 4K Scenario

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
rbos86
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: USA-Canada 4K Scenario

Post by rbos86 »

I didn't know that, I thought it was a JGR-map. My mistake.
rbos86' Screenshots thread is here
rbos86' Unrealistic Dutch games -thread, on the other hand,is this button
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

rbos86 wrote: 19 Jan 2021 05:19 I didn't know that, I thought it was a JGR-map. My mistake.
Nope, all my Maps are built on Vanilla to serve the widest audience. In the future though I should also post instructions on future map projects as to how to enable editing parts of the scenario normally locked (ie enable the "deveoloper" options at the users own risk of causing issues and crashes when changing newgrf's)

Either way, just remember anything made by NekoMaster is pretty much always going to be made to work on Vanilla/stable openttd versions.

If OPenTTD ran better on HUGE maps like 8192x8192 (only possible in JGR Patch pack at the moment) I'd maybe be tempted to make an even more insane USA-Canada 8K map :D
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
bigyihsuan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bigyihsuan »

I've been playing this map a bit on 4k by 4k and my main critique about the map is how flat it is. For example it feels like the Rockies are just a series of rolling hills you can dig out rather than massive mountains you need to smartly plan and tunnel your way through. Same critique with the Appalachians on the other coast as well. I live in a hilly area in north New Jersey and seeing all those hills being flattened to the same height is strange for me.

It's probably not possible or feasible to scale all the heights on your end (you'd need to replace all the towns and rivers), but it'd definitely be a more interesting map if the hills were hills and the mountains were mountains.

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”