Cindini 3 - Hot & FIRS Edition

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
kamnet

Cindini 3 - Hot & FIRS Edition

Post by kamnet »

A few years back I took on an ambitious project to update the ever-popular Cindini 3 scenario to include FIRS. More info here. It was a good start of an update, but I must admit that towards the end I started to tire of it and just wanted it done. I could have done better.

So, this time I will.

To start, I am going to be working with Whopper on just how to make those improvements better. My first time around, all I wanted to do was swap out industries. But I've come to find that the true charm in Cindini is the story that has been created for it. I want to be true to that story. To that end, I'm going to be more meticulous in not only replacing the vanilla industries, but in where and how I place new industries.

For those industries, I am going to fulfill a promise I made the last time. We already have Cindini 3 using FIRS Tropical Basic, so this time I will be using FIRS 3's In A Hot Country economy. It offers a significant boost in the number of cargoes and industry chains over vanilla and FIRS Tropical Basic. One of the bigger changes that I will introduce is placement of more hotels in tourist areas in order to facilitate more passenger destinations, now that FIRS 3 hotels are not restricted in placement as they were in FIRS 1/2.

As previous, I will release both a full scenario file that is ready playable, as well as a basic file where you can add your own NewGRFs. This time around I will publish it via BaNaNaS. The full scenario will include either OpenGFX+ Trains or Iron Horse, SQUID, OpenGFX+ Road Vehicles, and AV9. I may also include some stations and objects.
Ivir Baggins
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Cindini 3 - Hot & FIRS Edition

Post by Ivir Baggins »

Excellent to hear that it's back.

Cindini was one of my favourite scenarios and it's amazing to hear that it's once again being brought up to date.

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”