[OTTD] Semi-realistic California scenario

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
amtraklinuxrussian
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [OTTD] Semi-realistic California scenario

Post by amtraklinuxrussian »

Well, I have made a few edits (from 0.1 to 0.1.1 and 0.1.2) to the newGRF configuration. I took out a few newgrfs that I missed that were not in the main repository and thus less accessible to those who wouldn't find them on their own. I also "fixed" the FIRS problem as a poster had recommended. I plan on laying out some industries soon so that the scenario is more comprehensive.

Here's an updated newgrf list.
Attachments
California Scenario GRF List.png
California Scenario GRF List.png (21.83 KiB) Viewed 2720 times
trainman1432
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by trainman1432 »

You should consider Quast's selection of stations, buildings, and NewObjects. Pretty cool, and useful.
Jetrain
YATTC
amtraklinuxrussian
Engineer
Engineer

Post by amtraklinuxrussian »

Quast? I'm not familiar with this creator; do you have a link to their stuff? :)
trainman1432
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by trainman1432 »

amtraklinuxrussian wrote:Quast? I'm not familiar with this creator; do you have a link to their stuff? :)
Quast65. He makes good stuff:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266

E: There's more "dutch" brand stuff by him on BaNaNaS, such as the newobjects and skyscrapers of the netherlands, which look fantastic.
Jetrain
YATTC
hellonfire666
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hellonfire666 »

piratescooby wrote:Had a play around with GRF's and Firs , building sets not sure .
I tried to download it but I can't play it as a scenario. It says Savegame is made with newer version, but I am running the latest stable.
Or is it a matter of newgrf?
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

hellonfire666 wrote:
piratescooby wrote:Had a play around with GRF's and Firs , building sets not sure .
I tried to download it but I can't play it as a scenario. It says Savegame is made with newer version, but I am running the latest stable.
Or is it a matter of newgrf?
The scenario is made to work with JGR Patch Pack , if you dont have it you can download from here , viewtopic.php?f=33&t=73469
hellonfire666
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hellonfire666 »

yep, now it works. Thank you :)
The-Navigators
Engineer
Engineer

Post by The-Navigators »

Okay, is it possible to get a release that omits the NABS.grf, or where that's still available online anymore because I'm not having any luck finding it on the normal channels.

Or send it via PM, though I'm going to hazard a guess that's a violation of its license because of course it would be...

The whole California HSR project basically dying a few weeks back, has me kind of down and I'd like to give a middle finger to the man by building the network that appears to never be arriving.

Thanks.
Anyone who stands in the way of change, is out. ~ The Navigators (2001, UK)
bootmii
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bootmii »

The version of NACityw.grf that is floating around is also incompatible with your scenario. Please remove it from 1.3.
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

viewtopic.php?t=35458&start=120 , have a look here , this may help you .
bootmii
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bootmii »

He's removed his site from the Internet Archive, and the version that is attached in the thread is identical to the other two AFAIK (at 1059 KiB), and therefore incompatible with this scenario. So no, it didn't help me.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

bootmii wrote: 03 Jul 2021 21:11 The version of NACityw.grf that is floating around is also incompatible with your scenario. Please remove it from 1.3.
You cannot remove a NewGRF from a scenario without breaking it and causing problems. If this NewGRF is no longer available, then unfortunately the scenario is lost and will have to be re-created from scratch.

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”