[Heightmap] phm - The heightmap set

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
pbx2
Engineer
Engineer

[Heightmap] phm - The heightmap set

Post by pbx2 »

Over a few months from now I'm going to be working on a series of realistic but fictional heightmaps, I'll be calling this series; phm Heightmaps.
These will all be available on Bananas

Progress so far:

--- phm1 ---
[+] Spoiler
  • Size: 2048 x 2048
  • Intended Max height: 64
  • Very loosely based on the area around Rosyth, Scotland
This map is intended to cover the full spectrum of different landscape types, High hills + valleys, Flatter areas of land and some water through the middle.

--- phm2 ---
Coming soon

Suggestions for the next maps are welcome :D
Attachments
phm1.png
phm1.png (148.85 KiB) Viewed 322 times
UK Trains Discord server - https://discord.gg/dBTEmec
Fairyfloss
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: [Heightmap] phm - The heightmap set

Post by Fairyfloss »

Oooh, I like this heightmap! I haven't played on it yet - only opened it in the Scenario Editor on my laptop to take a closer look - but I really like the way it looks.
One small request though, maybe increase the amount of coastal tiles (I don't know what to call them exactly, but I'm talking about tiles that are 1 level above sealevel) so you can build bigger harbour stations without having to raise/lower a lot of land?
Attachments
These tiles are what I'm talking about
These tiles are what I'm talking about
Coast.png (382.98 KiB) Viewed 322 times
pbx2
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pbx2 »

Darthrafael wrote:Oooh, I like this heightmap! I haven't played on it yet - only opened it in the Scenario Editor on my laptop to take a closer look - but I really like the way it looks.
One small request though, maybe increase the amount of coastal tiles (I don't know what to call them exactly, but I'm talking about tiles that are 1 level above sealevel) so you can build bigger harbour stations without having to raise/lower a lot of land?
You can give slightly flatter land in general by dropping the max height, But I'll make sure to have some flatter areas in my next heightmap :)
Fairyfloss
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Fairyfloss »

pbx2 wrote:
Darthrafael wrote:Oooh, I like this heightmap! I haven't played on it yet - only opened it in the Scenario Editor on my laptop to take a closer look - but I really like the way it looks.
You can give slightly flatter land in general by dropping the max height, But I'll make sure to have some flatter areas in my next heightmap :)
Ah, I don't particularly mind the large amount of non-flat land in other bits of the map; I actually quite like the rough terrain. It's only the coastal regions directly above sealevel that I think could do with more flat land so it's easier to build massive harbours.

Also, if you're still looking for ideas for a new map, how about a map with two large mountain ranges, separated by a wide valley with a wide river?
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Darthrafael wrote:Also, if you're still looking for ideas for a new map, how about a map with two large mountain ranges, separated by a wide valley with a wide river?
I'm totally in favor of this.

Or a mix of islands. That's always interesting, too.
pbx2
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pbx2 »

Pyoro wrote:
Darthrafael wrote:Also, if you're still looking for ideas for a new map, how about a map with two large mountain ranges, separated by a wide valley with a wide river?
I'm totally in favor of this.

Or a mix of islands. That's always interesting, too.
Work on phm2 is already underway but I do like the idea of some snowy alps sorta thing, I'll have a go when I come to making phm3

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”