Wakefield District Map - OpenTTD

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Xeltron245
Engineer
Engineer

Wakefield District Map - OpenTTD

Post by Xeltron245 »

Hello people. This is my first attempt at a map. I've used Wakefield District in West Yorkshire as the basis and would like some feedback. I've used heightmaps from satellite data which I've had to convert slightly due to the fact they were not originally in greyscale. The rivers have had to be put in by hand which you can probably tell :D . As I say my first attempt. I've also put in the industries as historically were in those cities, towns and villages. Let me know what you think.
Attachments
Wakefield District (TCI).scn
(174.34 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
peteloud
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Wakefield District Map - OpenTTD

Post by peteloud »

I tried to test your Wakefield scenario but couldn't load firs\firs.grf.

When I ran a new ordinary game with OpenTTD 1.6.1 I had no problem opening,
FIRS Industry Replacement Set 2017-01-25 . . .

When I ran your scenario I automatically downloaded and install lots of GRFs including firs. When trying to start Wakefield I notice that the firs GRF ID is F1250005.

When I run a new game the firs GRF ID is F1250006.
Xeltron245
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Xeltron245 »

Interesting. I'll change the scenario tomorrow and take the mods and GRFs off and upload it as a default. I'll also try and reinstall them, see if that helps.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Xeltron245 wrote:Interesting. I'll change the scenario tomorrow and take the mods and GRFs off and upload it as a default. I'll also try and reinstall them, see if that helps.
You can upload a scenario with Mods, though I try to limit myself to stuff that can be downloaded off the Online Content downloader/Banana's. Also if you remove FIRS's after setting up FIRS industries you'll have to redo everything.

Industry sets are something that should not be removed or changed during gameplay or after generating a Scenario. your stuck with what you loaded up when it comes to industry sets.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

peteloud wrote:I tried to test your Wakefield scenario but couldn't load firs\firs.grf.

When I ran a new ordinary game with OpenTTD 1.6.1 I had no problem opening,
FIRS Industry Replacement Set 2017-01-25 . . .
You're being hit by bug https://bugs.openttd.org/task/6377

The "firs\firs.grf" path is used to uniquely identify firs. Unfortunately, all FIRS versions in a tar use that same path (the devzone builds and constructs the tar file that way, not only for firs, but also for all other projects, afaik. Firs however has a lot of releases, so the problem occurs often enough to notice it.). The result is that you get one of them in some way, which often means you get an incorrect version that does not match with the requirements of the savegame/scenario.

A new game doesn't impose requirements of a precise version (or rather it does, but only after the above selection has already taken place, so you never have a conflict).
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”