[OpenTTD] Iceland Scenario

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
firecomet234
Engineer
Engineer

[OpenTTD] Iceland Scenario

Post by firecomet234 »

So... erm... I made a scenario...

"God damn it! This is the 23rd time you're rehearsed this. What did we talk about earlier? Style! Confidence! Poise! A bit of self-deprecating humour! Try that again."

Okay. *clears throat* Ladies and gents, I am very pleased to welcome you to the unveiling of my new, kinda improved, crappy first attempt at a scenario, Iceland map!

But seriously, all jokes aside, I made my first scenario! Iceland is a small Nordic country in the Atlantic Ocean of about 320,000 people. The capital, Reykjavik, is a charming city which quickly gives way to stunning waterfalls, fjords and mountains along with quaint towns and villages.

And now that you coincidentally mention "Quaint towns and villages", there are over 50 of them in my map! Also included are some trees, oceans, islands, fjords, lovingly placed by hand. :D

The scenario itself comes from a heightmap found online that I converted and processed. The end result required a bit of work, particularly with the fjords, snowline, etc, but I think it turned out well. At least there are worse scenarios in OpenTTD, right? ?(

"Don't ask the audience rhetorical questions either. It makes you look unsure of what you're even talking about."

So the populations are realistic as well. Each city/town/village's population had two zeroes taken off of it, than was multiplied by two. Again, this was all painstakingly done with my calculator.

I tried to make the industries mimic real life as well - until I found out that Iceland actually has no Coal, or Gold for that matter either. Therefore, for the purposes of this scenario:

- Coal is equal to hydroelectric and thermal energy - which needs to be delivered to the power plants that represent electrical transmission centers.
- Banks are located in the major cities. They represent financial transactions and trade. You can ship minerals, represented by these Gold Mines, for international distribution.
- Did you know that Iceland is actually doing some oil exploration on its East Coast a few hundred kilometers offshore? There are oil wells to represent this, on the east and west coasts to balance things up.

The scenario's a bit tricky, with the industries spread far out, small towns except in Reykjavik, and difficult terrain.

"Wow! I'm quite impressed! You've spoken for so long without stuttering once!

Okay I give up. Screenshots provided below. Download available on Bananas.

One last question: about my 4092 * 4092 Canada / North USA map that is coming out soon in collaboration with this pretty cool guy named NekoMaster who also did a ton of stuff! I've already got Ontario, the Maritimes, Michigan and New York - Boston area done, but I'm not sure if I should finish it or post it now and update as it gets finished. What is the norm? If there are any suggestions towards the Iceland map, or anyone who wants to see the Canada / North USA one, just make a post below.

If I missed any towns, or you want to see a change, just tell me below! Note: Certain towns in Metro Reykjavik were purposely omitted due to space concerns. Okay bye!

"You can't just end on such an informal note! How about a nice conclusion and a question period?"

*mic drop, dabs out*
Attachments
Canada - Metro Vancouver 1.png
Picture of the in progress Canada / N. USA map.
(2.09 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Iceland 1.png
Reykjavik area on the map.
(901.18 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Iceland 2.png
Akureyi area.
(760.09 KiB) Not downloaded yet
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OpenTTD] Iceland Scenario

Post by NekoMaster »

Oi? your using my Canada Heightmap for your Scenario? nice :)

EDIT : It might be nice to get feed back now as you work on the Canada scenario as it'll be a big scenario being 4096x4096 and there may be a lot of little towns and industry that may get out of place.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
firecomet234
Engineer
Engineer

Post by firecomet234 »

NekoMaster wrote:Oi? your using my Canada Heightmap for your Scenario? nice :)

EDIT : It might be nice to get feed back now as you work on the Canada scenario as it'll be a big scenario being 4096x4096 and there may be a lot of little towns and industry that may get out of place.
I'd be really happy to share it with you since it's completely your heightmap. You probably have a better knowledge of towns in Canada than I do, so feel free to adjust industries and place new towns if necessary ;)
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

firecomet234 wrote:
NekoMaster wrote:Oi? your using my Canada Heightmap for your Scenario? nice :)

I'd be really happy to share it with you since it's completely your heightmap. You probably have a better knowledge of towns in Canada than I do, so feel free to adjust industries and place new towns if necessary ;)
I actually dunno much about Canada aside from our Major cities and well known towns. I live in Oshawa, Ontario, and most of what I know is mostly around Durham region.

All I can say is that There should be a steel mill next door to Oshawa (Armor Steel in Whitby), Theres a Cardboard Plant in Whitby as well (could be a paper mill or printing works), and there is a Nuclear Power plant in Darlington (on the east side of Oshawa, in Clarington, ontario) which you could place a coal power plant.

But I would love to see what you have so far, like I said the best I can do is proof the area around me. If anything I wanted to make the Canada map HUGE so that I could try and put most of Toronto, Scarborough, Richmond HIll, Pickering, Ajax, Whitby, Oshawa, etc, so you can make the Lakeshore lines of GO Transit, as well as make the VIA rail Windsor Quebec City Route (The only bit of rail in Canada that has some decent speed, the UAC Turbo GTEL trains and the ALCO/MLW LRC trains ran at 160 Km\h on that line)
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”