[Heightmap] NekoMasters San Andreas (Based on GTA San Andreas Map)

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

[Heightmap] NekoMasters San Andreas (Based on GTA San Andreas Map)

Post by NekoMaster »

Loosely based around GTA SA's "San Andreas" State map (and not the GTA 5 Tiny San Andreas state), You'll be able to create your own San Andreas based transport company.

Perhaps you'll make your own version of the Brown Streak, or recreate GTA SA, its up to you what you do with the height map.

Because this is "Loosely" based on the map of San Andreas and was originally made for SimCity 4, not everything will be 100% accuate, also some area's where modified to accept orthogonal placement of roads and the limited 2 direction placement of bridges. This problem also effects roads and bridges in OpenTTD, you can only have roads and bridges that go either North-South or East-West, no diagonal thus some area's needed to be modified to allow bridge placement as close to their in game bridge counterparts.

I'm providing two versions. One is a smooth and simple heightmap for those that may want to have a simpler game. I also made a map with a bit of noise to create some bumps and pits in the landscape to make things a little more challenging. Besides, most of the cities in GTA San Andreas had some pretty silly steep hills in random places.

I hope you guys enjoy these 2048x2048 size maps. Feel free to post any questions or screen shots of your game using the map. Though I will mention that if you play with 2048x2048 size, you'll want to increase the max length of bridges in OPenTTD if you want to cross the very wide San Fierro Bay with bridges.
Attachments
San Andreas FLAT.png
Flatter Map
(129.92 KiB) Not downloaded yet
San Andreas BUMPY.png
Bumpy Map
(356.27 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [Heightmap] NekoMasters San Andreas (Based on GTA San Andreas Map)

Post by NekoMaster »

Update : I'm currently working on a scenario loosely based around San Andreas. It will have the towns and cities, but considering how big a 1024x1024 Scenario is, I'll be breaking up the 3 Major Cities (Los Santos, San Fierro, and Los Vantura) into their Neighbourhoods to spread out the population to give players some room to build in the beginning. Neighbourhoods of a city will alway start with their cities Initials like (LS) or (SF) followed by the name of the neighbourhood.

I only just started work this morning and it may take some time until its finished. I can provide a link to what I have so far, but its a massive whole map screen shot shrunk down 4 times and it still ended up being 16K by 8K resolution and a whopping 57MB large PNG file.

You can download the 57MB screen shot here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/6eip09pmr2isp ... p.png?dl=0
(You may need a bit of a beefy computer to open and view the screen shot)
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

This looks like a brilliant idea, can't wait to see the results :) Would you consider doing other GTA maps once you've finished this one (such as GTA5s Map?)
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Pilot wrote:This looks like a brilliant idea, can't wait to see the results :) Would you consider doing other GTA maps once you've finished this one (such as GTA5s Map?)
Perhaps, though I usually end up doing maps for OPenTTD after making it for SimCity 4. Plus I felt like doing GTA San Andreas over GTA 5's map because I just feel that While GTA5 might be bigger, it sucks theres only one city, and a handful of towns. Mean while GTA San andreas has three major cities, and a bunch of small to medium towns.

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”