[Heightmap] THE EMPIRE STATES - Fictional Flat Heightmap

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

[Heightmap] THE EMPIRE STATES - Fictional Flat Heightmap

Post by NekoMaster »

Based on an idea I came up with after a random chat with a youtube commenter. It comprises most of Southern Ontario, the North East States, and Nova Scotia, loosely traced from Google maps to create a fictional map I call the "Empire States". The idea was what if they made a Grand Theft Auto on a larger scale allowing you to play in many of the major cities of Central and Eastern North America (Including Toronto, Kingston, Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, Sydney, NYC, Providence, Boston, Baltimore, NJ City, Washington DC, Phelidelphia, Trenton, etc)

Its not a super accurate rendition of Southern Ontario and the North Eastern states as I wanted to create something thats close to the area's major cities reside in, but in a sort of Grand Theft auto map way that most places should look similar enough (like the islands of Liberty city in GTA 4) but not exact.

Also I was planning on using made up names or nick names for the cities, for example...

Toronto - York City or Hogtown (including York Island or Hog Island)
NYC - Liberty City or New Hardun (The former obviously coming from GTA 4, the latter comming from a mod for SimCity 4)
Ottawa - Maple, Parliament, or Royal City (Maple city is obvious, being the Capital of Canada, Parliament because Canada is run from Parliament Hill, and Royal City because of Canadas connections with Britain, the UK, and Royalty)
Montreal - Bank, Saint, or Métropole City (the last one being a French word for Metropolis)
Washington DC - Columbus City or Capital City

The rest I'll have to come up with something, or players can come up with their own names for cities.

Its only a flat height map and its more geared towards SimCity 4 (thus why I included a brighter noisy version) but you'll see I also posted a OpenTTD Compatible version as well.

There aren't any mountains or hills but if someone wants to try adding some based on the terrain and mountains around Ontario and the North Eastern States, that would be nice if one could post it. It would definatly give more of a challenge and make things more interesting.

I dunno if I'll release this on Banana's as something like this isn't very hard to make.

If anyone wants the layered GIMP XCF file to play with, let me know.
Attachments
The Empire States.png
OpenTTD version 4096x4096
(1.91 MiB) Not downloaded yet
The Empire States SIMCITY 4 blurred.png
SIMCITY 4 Version 4096x4096
(3.57 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”