Alberta, Canada

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
gsbkv
Engineer
Engineer

Alberta, Canada

Post by gsbkv »

This map is based on real Alberta. I tried my best to create this map with real height, cities, industries, and resources. But this map is still far from real Alberta..... Forgive me, Albertans. I made this map for myself but decided to share this with you guys. Feel free to edit, distribute, or destroy. You can even claim that you created this map. My only hope is to encourage people to get involved and develop this crappy map together. I am uploading the heightmap as well. Have fun!

Oh I forgot to mention that there was a problem. As far as I know, it's impossible to have snow, forests, and farms on the same height. So I had to raise the ground level up than real Alberta to create forests on northern Alberta.

Attachments
Real Alberta or not.scn
Based on real Alberta, Canada. Feel free to edit this map.
(465.24 KiB) Downloaded 147 times
alberta heightmap 512 1024 river3.png
Heightmap. Alberta, Canada. Created River.
(232.99 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Heightmap. Alberta, Canada. Original.
Heightmap. Alberta, Canada. Original.
alberta heightmap original.png (153.33 KiB) Viewed 303 times
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Alberta, Canada

Post by wallyweb »

gsbkv wrote:Oh I forgot to mention that there was a problem. As far as I know, it's impossible to have snow, forests, and farms on the same height. So I had to raise the ground level up than real Alberta to create forests on northern Alberta.
The following is experimental so DO NOT TRY THIS ON YOUR MAPS until you verify that it works.
Before you load your heightmap set your snowline to 0 or 1.
Add a variable snowline grf.
In the scenario editor:
Load your heightmap.
Build your forests anywhere you want them.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Alberta, Canada

Post by NekoMaster »

I believe OpenGFX Industries allows having all the OpenTTD Industries AND Allows players to build forests below the snow line. There is also using FIRS or ECS but that may be more complicated for some people to set up in their own scenario or play with.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”