[OpenTTD] Newtown

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Translink
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

[OpenTTD] Newtown

Post by Translink »

I have decided to create a new scenario made up of a fictional city called Newtown (my creativity doesn't stretch far lol). Newtown will be a massive city that desperately needs inner-city transport links, the objective of the game is to create inner city transport, mostly compromising of a metropolitan train service. Newtown will have a fairly rough terrain to make the game more challenging. Magic Bulldozer is allowed. I shall post screenshots bellow.

P.S. I accidentally created the save file in the Arctic Climate, is there a way I can change it back to temperate?
kamnet

Re: [OpenTTD] Newtown

Post by kamnet »

Translink wrote:P.S. I accidentally created the save file in the Arctic Climate, is there a way I can change it back to temperate?
Nope, once the climate is selected, it's locked in. Make sure you also set all your NewGRFs before you start creating it, otherwise it may become corrupted if you add or remove them later.
Translink
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Translink »

kamnet wrote: Nope, once the climate is selected, it's locked in. Make sure you also set all your NewGRFs before you start creating it, otherwise it may become corrupted if you add or remove them later.
Thanks!
Translink
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Translink »

Progress so far:
Canal Finished:
The idea is that the city is based on a canal, post name suggestions below.

Town Founded:

Town reaches a population of 100,000!
Now, considering how big the town is at 100k, imagine how much clicking I will have to do!
Translink
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Translink »

The game doesn't seem to let me make a town bigger than 105,000, which is fair enough so there will be a change of plan: Newtown will remain the primary town but I will add a few towns and villages into its peripheries and with luck, all the towns will expand greatly with the player's influence the towns will grow to make the map into a massive conurbation.
Start date is 1st January 1875

That's all I have done so far.

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”