Hehe .. I was going to leave some roads to give idea where the rails go historically, so last night I tested it .. problem I found was that many towns not allow to bulldoze the roads and couldn't bribe some of them. So I will delete the roads. I put in where the road bridges are, so be able to get a idea where to build the line.
Many lines in the Sydney suburban area have 4 or 6 lines, but platforms are only available on 2 of those lines, the other lines reserved for express passenger and freight. So that you know where the platforms go I numbered where each platform goes and how many. 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. Platform 1 most stations throughout NSW is the trains travelling to Sydney, platform 2 is going away from Sydney. Some lines I marked Down Main, Up Main, Up refuge, goods etc. Down means trains travelling away from Sydney, and Up for trains travelling towards Sydney. Down side of line is the left drivers left side and Up side is drivers right side when travelling away from Sydney.
Discovered something else last night .. been wondering how I can put the rails in as I build the scenarios for those who like it to be actuate. Found away how to do this.
1. First start your scenario and add one or two towns where you want them and save the game.
2. Abandon scenario editor and select Play Scenario and load that game as if your going to play it.
3. Unfortunately need to cheat some .. hold down Ctrl + Alt + C to bring up cheat window and select $20 million.
4. Now build all the railway lines how you want them to be all over the map.
5. Save the game and close OpenTTD.
6. Go to explorer and in My Documents under OpenTTD you will find a folder called Save. In here you will find the game you just saved.
7. Copy the saved game to the scenario folder.
8. Open scenario folder and rename the save game by changing the extension from .sav to .scn
9. Start OpenTTD and load that scenario
10. Add the rest of your towns and industries.
11. Save it and abandon scenario editor, go to Play Scenario and enjoy your game with railway line in the correct place you want.
12. All you need to do now is build your depots, stations, waypoints and signals. (You might be able to put in the signals ad you build the game, but that would take away the fun, leave some enjoyment for the game).
If you want to see some track and signal diagrams in NSW this website might be of help .. http://signaldiagramsandphotos.com/
Any one from Victoria wanting to do there state I found this website with track diagrams .. http://www.victorianrailways.net/signal ... alist.html
Hope to have a sample of the scenario I been making available here in a few days time.