Rartown Brown Railroad Co. is up to date

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Rartown Brown Railroad Co. is up to date

Post by Baldy's Boss »

This game is now ready to enter the future,having caught up to the present day from a 1931 start.
There was some rough early going but the financial numbers are now the best of my OpenTTD career,though I remain nervous about the future.When the Old Plonnville game reached this year,it was making smaller maintenance payments on a larger network (I believe I changed the interest setting),and that game peaked in 2038 and stagnated the rest of the way to 2051.On the other hand,the Rartown game's smaller network is making more revenue and far more profits than the Plonnville game's.

There are no optional vehicles though I use a NewGRF that puts back the real names.This game exited the aviation business in 1996.Recently all its rivals except the archrival OTVI went under and have been replaced by some new startups.The money is there to buy out the OTVI if need be but I tend to think in terms of saving for maglev conversion (which will be quite involved).I just built a new depot at Flartbourne after a train told as it left the platform to go to a depot went toward a station in the opposite-direction (and with track signalled in the opposite direction) from its orders.

Anyone see any ticking time bombs or does this game's prosperity appear secure?

Edit to add:
Sometime between this "up to date" save and October 2015 when I noticed a newly built train getting the number 194 and the total number of trains being down,Trains 194 and 201 must have collided,with some notifications having been turned off.
The AI from which I acquired them had built a rather knotted route I had only partially rationalized,where they deliver the goods...I've now removed the "figure 8" aspect of their path,as well as redone the routes of the trains going across a river to deliver woods to the sawmill where the 201 etc. trains get their goods.New save added.
Attachments
RartownBrownRailroadCo.,1stApr2015.sav
(4.08 MiB) Downloaded 129 times
RartownBrownRailroadCo.,1stOct2016.sav
(4.09 MiB) Downloaded 176 times

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”