My first lil network.

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
ZacoOne
Engineer
Engineer

My first lil network.

Post by ZacoOne »

Its flat, but I was initially allergic to hills. This is my first attempt at a serious network (even though it's 64x64). As I would like to improve my newbie skills criticism is most welcome. Hope you like :)
Attachments
Zaco Transport, 2051-01-03.sav
(21.27 KiB) Downloaded 362 times
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: My first lil network.

Post by YNM »

Some comments :
  • You got yourself a wrong-facing PBS on Fallinghead station. If you have been wondering how to move off the trains, just look for the option to enable building things on pause, then fix it.
  • PBS don't need an exit signal, you can remove the exit signals on your Ro-Ro stations.
Other than it, the fact that there's a lot of sharp turns also bad, but counting the very small map, it's fine :wink:
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
ZacoOne
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ZacoOne »

Thank you for the feed back. Sorry for the late post.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

:)

Besides a nice deadlock puzzle in the game, a lot of track is not actually used. Eg all the double track around the edge doesn't need to be double track.
You also see trains making weird u-turns, which is a sign there is no good connection to their next destination.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
ZacoOne
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ZacoOne »

Made minor corrections to PCB and fixed deadlock puzzle issue (painful). More optimization to come in near future. Thanks for the input.
Attachments
Zaco Transport, Jan 27th, 2054.sav
(22.7 KiB) Downloaded 163 times

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”