I've created a 1024×1024 heightmap featuring a star-shaped continent, with interesting yet gentle hills. Canyons allow (most) rivers of the interior to flow to the sea, and also provide opportunities for dramatic bridges.
This was created by combining output of a few runs of a custom noise generator I created, then cutting the canyons manually in an image editor. It went through a few rounds of testing to fix some river basins where the game failed to find paths for rivers.
This heightmap is available on Bananas as "Star Continent".
Preview-size images below; see attachments for full-size screenshots.
- Star Continent Screenshot 1.png
- A shallow valley near the sea.
- (842.08 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
- Star Continent Screenshot 2.png
- A deep canyon.
- (867.94 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
- Star Continent Minimap.png
- Entire continent minimap. Your rivers, towns, and industries may vary.
- (209.43 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests