Ireland Scenario

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
BoyInGreen
Engineer
Engineer

Ireland Scenario

Post by BoyInGreen »

Hi,

Does anybody know if there is an Ireland scenario floating around anywhere? I've checked everywhere, but there doesn't seem to be anything. If there isn't, I'll start working on one, and if anyone wants to contribute, you are more than welcome. So if anyone can point me to an Ireland scenario, thanks. :)
BoyInGreen
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Ireland Scenario

Post by BoyInGreen »

Here is a new scenario covering the island of Ireland. This scenario includes the 40 biggest towns and cities in Ireland, with 2011 pop divided by 5, all in their authentic locations. There will be further updates shortly, until now, here's version 1:
Attachments
Ireland v1.scn
(511.32 KiB) Downloaded 195 times
BoyInGreen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BoyInGreen »

Version 2 is now released in 2 varieties, one containing just the towns, the other containing fictional industries. 80 towns are now included in this version.
Attachments
Ireland V2.scn
(607.57 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
Version 2 with Industries.scn
(652.7 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
Dave

Post by Dave »

Very good work, well done. Is it available on Bananas?
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
BoyInGreen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BoyInGreen »

Not at the moment, but I will put it up shortly. I also hope to put up version 3 sometime next week. :)
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Shame there is no possibility of a peat industry in game (to my knowledge!).
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

Kevo00 wrote:Shame there is no possibility of a peat industry in game (to my knowledge!).
It is certainly possible, just no one seems to have done that yet :).
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Supercheese wrote:
Kevo00 wrote:Shame there is no possibility of a peat industry in game (to my knowledge!).
It is certainly possible, just no one seems to have done that yet :).
When I get round to playing it I will just stuff the Midlands with coal mines. It would need a Bord na Mona New GRF to be realistic!
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

Hi there

the scenario look nice, well done on that... but if i may, i think i have a few critics about your scenario that you may want to improve.

- the newgrf list choice is rather strange and is so messy that the ECS industry vectors, well part of it, is desactivated resulting in having steel mills accepting only Iron and no Coal ? actually we cant even fund a coal mine...also coupling ECS industry with OGFX industries will certainly not work (OGFX get desactivated actually...)... and sad enough, the scenarioV.2 with industries or without have both this problem.... I haven t downloaded V1 to check.
I m affraid that make your scenario quite unplayable for players wanting to use industries...unless you redo all over again with a nicely working grf list prepared and tested before start.

but that s not all :

-all the signs under each city name says : no owner, but we can t even edit those signs ingame (i guess we can in scenario editor)
- the big lake is made of canal tiles... maybe it would look a tad better(IMHO) if the lake coast was river tiles.
-the big cities lack a suburban area with less dense housings, but i guess just playing the game might fix that.
- some rivers seems to be able to climbs hills !! while there seems to have not far away a more natural path(exemple : the river arriving to Youghal)

and for the positiv things

- I really like the map and its relief, and how cities are spread, i think this map/scenario could be very "entairtaining" to play for people liking big maps.

and a hint if u want to have more downloader, simply put a screenshot of the map in the thread, people usually appreciate to see what they will download ;)
BoyInGreen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BoyInGreen »

New update took longer than expected, however I hope to upload something in the next few days. :)
Prospero
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Prospero »

Hi I like you map and am currently playing with it, trying to make the Irish Network as Accurately as I can.
I'm not used to ECS industries and some of the scales are off, but it's a worthy challenge and I'm almost ready to unleash my trains on it.

I've also made Ireland and Dublin Region maps myself, however they're not perfect and I'm not quite ready to share.

However I do want to share 2 saved games I have to show you what i've done.

Enjoy.
Attachments
CIE Self upgrade 1st save.sav
This map is based on a Dublin Scenario I built but includes Founded Towns to make the network stretch onto the map.
(656.77 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
Great Irish Railways, 31st Dec 1962.sav
This is a well Known British Isles Map that's floating around, I added and "fixed" Irish Towns to Ireland. It's not Perfect but Most of the Irish Network is built in some way.
(1.86 MiB) Downloaded 171 times
Map_Rail_Ireland_Viceregal_Commission_1906.jpg
This is a Historic map of the Irish Rail Network that I sort of used as a basis for these two maps. I hope to eventually make a map with all theses Lines but don't know how to make a heightmap.
(1.27 MiB) Downloaded 7 times
BoyInGreen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BoyInGreen »

Nice one, Prospero. Very good. :D

Anyway, apologies for the long delay in posting, but here is a heightmap of the Greater Dublin Region in greater detail than the Ireland map. I don't know how to get the sides off of the map, so any help with this would be appreciated. Enjoy!

And btw Prospero, you are more than welcome to use the Ireland map that I used for my own scenario.
Attachments
Dublin Region 3.png
Map of the Greater Dublin region from Dundalk to Wicklow and from Athy eastwards.
(278.6 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Prospero
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Prospero »

Hey thanks for the praise and the downloads people.

I've been working on those saved games but not ready to share again. I've also been Trying to make a more accurate version using the 1906 Survey Map I shared. It's not easy.

My first solo attempt was an East coast map with many of the towns, but little geographic accuracy.

Then I saw the height map yesterday and created a new one as accurately as possible, and I am very impressed with it and am about to play.
Attachments
screenshot#1.png
This is a screenshot of Dublin Heightmap V3.1 Showing you what you get.
(56.87 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
Dublin Height map V3.1.scn
Dublin Region Map with many of the towns that Exist in real life and many of the towns on the Railways of Irelands East Coast and Inland.
(430.57 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
East coast Ireland 1.scn
This is the east coast map I made myself. Far Less accurate and very large. Plays poorly in my experience. But Dublin a good scale.
(687.84 KiB) Downloaded 146 times
BoyInGreen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BoyInGreen »

Prospero wrote:Hey thanks for the praise and the downloads people.

I've been working on those saved games but not ready to share again. I've also been Trying to make a more accurate version using the 1906 Survey Map I shared. It's not easy.

My first solo attempt was an East coast map with many of the towns, but little geographic accuracy.

Then I saw the height map yesterday and created a new one as accurately as possible, and I am very impressed with it and am about to play.
The link to the first one doesn't seem to work. :( The map looks pretty good though. Are you Irish by any chance?

Anyway, here is another regional heightmap, this time of Northern Ireland plus Donegal, the North West of the Republic as well as the Border regions. Enjoy!
Attachments
Northern Ireland.png
Heightmap of the North of Ireland
(1.56 MiB) Downloaded 4 times
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Do you realize that your heightmaps is slanted ?
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
BoyInGreen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BoyInGreen »

YNM wrote:Do you realize that your heightmaps is slanted ?
I do, however I do not know how to fix this.
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

BoyInGreen wrote:I do, however I do not know how to fix this.
Maybe... you could rotate them ? Using Photoshop or something else (GIMP, any other image processing) ?
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”