[OTTD] A Song of Ice and Fire 2048x2048

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Sahtor
Engineer
Engineer

[OTTD] A Song of Ice and Fire 2048x2048

Post by Sahtor »

A Song of Ice and Fire scenario 1.0

Climate: Sub-arctic
Map size: 2048x2048

Included parts: Westeros, Essos, Sothoryos, Ibben, Summer Islands

Landscape: Heigthmap was created from ASOIF speculative map version 1.0 with heavy editing on the rivers.

Cities: I tried to add all the cities from the speculative map. I don't have accurate information on their sizes right now.

Industries: FIRS industries with some logic. I probably added too many and made it too easy.

NewGRFs: OpenGFX BigGUI, FIRS

OTTD version: OpenTTD 1.2.2 when edited

License: released under Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 3.0 like the original map was too.

Downloads:

Original source: ASOIF Speculative World Map 1.0

Scenario:
A-Song-of-Ice-and-Fire-1.0-sahtor.scn
A Song of Ice and Fire scenario 1.0
(1.31 MiB) Downloaded 2731 times
Heightmap:
asoif-heightmap-1.0-sahtor.png
A Song of Ice and Fire heightmap 1.0
(349.43 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
Ps. I'm not the absolute authority on ASOIF matters. If someone wants to make a better version and take over this project feel free to do so.
Sahtor
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [OTTD] A Song of Ice and Fire 2048x2048

Post by Sahtor »

new heightmap with more natural mountains and more accurate lakes and rivers. I have a 70Mb gimp source image with 8 layers that hopefully eventually is going to be perfect.
asoif-heightmap-1.5-sahtor.png
(1.17 MiB) Downloaded 18 times
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Do you know that you can shape the landscape in OpenTTD and export it as heightmap? That might be easier to shape perfectly then :-)
Sahtor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Sahtor »

yeah but I'm not going to raise 4M pixels to their perfect levels on scenario editor :) I just want to trace the mountains in a image editor and use some kind of gradient to slope down. Rivers seem to close too easily so they might have to be fixed in OpenTTD
Filis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Filis »

I can't get the FIRS trains for loading all the goods. Is there any way to fix this?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

You will need to modify the scenario in the scenario editor first if you want to add any NewGRF files.
Filis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Filis »

Yep, but I think they removed that option some time ago. The thing is, that you load the scenario and the FIRS industries are in place, but you lack the vehicles to transport the goods, making the scenario a little bit unplayable.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Filis wrote:Yep, but I think they removed that option some time ago. The thing is, that you load the scenario and the FIRS industries are in place, but you lack the vehicles to transport the goods, making the scenario a little bit unplayable.
It's not removed, it is simply disabled by default. You only need it enabled if you're going to be actively editing scenarios. It was disabled due to the high number of bug reports that the devs received, even after users are clearly warned that tampering with scenarios and save games with addition/removal of NewGRFs makes them unstable.

Scenario creators simply need to be more mindful of ensuring that their games are playable with the right set of supported NewGRFs.
Filis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Filis »

Oh, thank you, I didn't know I had the option to enable it.
Micahj
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Micahj »

Hi Guys,
I'd love to play this scenario, but am having the same trouble as above. I've never used the scenario editor before so I'm a bit lost, and I can't find any info on how this works...
Specifically, I can't transport any iron ore.
How do i go about enabling/changing the vehicles for the scenario? When i open this scenario in the editor, there isn't even any railway button... I've had a look in the advanced settings, but didn't find anything good.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Micahj
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Micahj »

OK, I've figured it out.

For anyone else following this way -
Download some vehicle sets that are compatible with the new industries, then in scenario editor console:

"set scenario_developer 1"

will enable the activation of new newGRF files. activate them via newGRF settings. save the scenario. you'll then be able to use these other vehicles in-game and transport your ore.

ore-right!
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Please be mindful of the box that appears when you start adding or removing NewGRFs to an active game or scenario, DOING SO MAY CAUSE YOUR GAME TO BECOME CORRUPT AND UNPLAYABLE.
Sahtor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Sahtor »

I uploaded a new 1.01 version of the original scenario with FIRS 1.10 industry set.
Am I missing some essential FIRS resource other than too old version?

EDIT: Uploaded 1.02 with FIRS vehicle replacement set. I must have played the game with other scenarios already fixed. I dont know what happened recent months
Sahtor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Sahtor »

Version 1.03 with FIRS 1.20 and no BigGUI
RBC
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RBC »

Great stuff! I played it for quiet some months now. (v 1.0 with some added train and station newgrfs) It is fun to play with cargodist (passengers only). Unfortunately my CPU is an older one and the game runs not that fluidly anymore with 3k+ Trains and Vehicles. Anyway my network is pretty finished.
Thanks a lot for the pleasant time I had with this scenario.
Attachments
A Song of Ice And Fire, 2nd Sep 2216.png
Cargodist Link Graph
(116.22 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
marqjc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by marqjc »

RBC wrote:Great stuff! I played it for quiet some months now. (v 1.0 with some added train and station newgrfs) It is fun to play with cargodist (passengers only). Unfortunately my CPU is an older one and the game runs not that fluidly anymore with 3k+ Trains and Vehicles. Anyway my network is pretty finished.
Thanks a lot for the pleasant time I had with this scenario.

Just to get an idea about the requirements of OpenTTD with large maps, which CPU you have?
RBC
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RBC »

I have an Intel Core2Duo T9300 @2.50 GHz.
The game runs on roughly half to 3/4th of normal speed. I build only when game is paused.

Savegame is attached. You get the needed OpenTTD version from here: http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/cargodis ... 8fde5c-cd/
Should also work with newer newgrfs where the old ones can not be found via Bananas (Marico and Newstations).
Attachments
A Song of Ice And Fire, 2. Sep 2216.sav.7z
savegame from OPENTTD g0b8fde5c-cd
(5.74 MiB) Downloaded 666 times
marqjc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by marqjc »

RBC wrote:I have an Intel Core2Duo T9300 @2.50 GHz.
The game runs on roughly half to 3/4th of normal speed. I build only when game is paused.

Savegame is attached. You get the needed OpenTTD version from here: http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/cargodis ... 8fde5c-cd/
Should also work with newer newgrfs where the old ones can not be found via Bananas (Marico and Newstations).
Only the map and scary, if we add everything else looks good heavy!

Not for my machine :?
MadDogOzie
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MadDogOzie »

I have created a new uptodate map that should run with no problems, it can be found here : https://www.reddit.com/r/openttd/commen ... h=49471653

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”