Enornous income game, average £75 million per vehicle a year

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
dazb
Engineer
Engineer

Enornous income game, average £75 million per vehicle a year

Post by dazb »

Here is a savegame of mine I play from time to time. It make enormous amounts of money, over 2 billion pounds a MONTH and could do better. Run with about 350 transport vehicles with an average income each of approximately £75,000,000 per year. It's by no means perfect but your welcome to enjoy it.
Attachments
Trendean Transport, 7th Aug 2443.sav
(559.61 KiB) Downloaded 452 times
Trendean Transport, 12th Apr 2447.png
(351.86 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Trendean Transport, 5th May 2447.png
(404.93 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Enornous income game, average £75 million per vehicle a

Post by Lord Aro »

pfft. rubbish :P
the money limit is roughly £18,446,744,073,709,551,615 ((2^64)-1), so you've got a way to yet :P

definitely one of the biggest games i've ever seen
well done :)
AroAI - A really feeble attempt at an AI

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra
dazb
Engineer
Engineer

Post by dazb »

Thank you. It was originally from a scenario called Michigan 512 and I can post it if anyone wants to start from scratch.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

If making money is your aim (as it seems), you could do WAY better in that respect, if you attached train stations to all your airports (or replaced them by stations completely ;-) ). Your airports have very poor rating due to their intrinsic low throughput. Train stations have a much higher possible throughput and would allow you transport thus way more passengers.

Also, income is better compared with other games when you keep inflation always switched off.
dazb
Engineer
Engineer

Post by dazb »

Hi and thanks for the advice. Making money wasn't the initial goal it just seemed to evolve into a very profitable system. As you can probably tell from the layouts and signals etc I am not a expert and I just play to relax and enjoy the game every now and then. I do like to build airports though as it is a quick way of generating early cashflow and then I tend to diversify although as you can tell from this game I minimise my road vehicles as I find they tend to take up more of my time. As mentioned this could earn much more and that is partly why I like coming back to it as there is still a lot of unfullfilled potential and a good game for others to take on and develop further.
dazb
Engineer
Engineer

Post by dazb »

Just taking an opportunity to bump this post forward and ask if anyone else has taken it on and developed it and if so do you care to share ? Thanks.

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”