Please comment my first game with MSH, SLH, Balancers, Etc

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
MrDetermination
Engineer
Engineer

Please comment my first game with MSH, SLH, Balancers, Etc

Post by MrDetermination »

MrDGame2Questions.sav
For your comments
(570.53 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
I have learned a lot in the last couple of weeks via the OpenTTDCoop wiki and studying save games. This is my second game since diving back in last month. I found the game and these forums back in 05 but never scratched the surface of what I'm playing with now.

Pretty jazzed about the jump from my game last month... that wiki and some of those blog posts are serious business. My questions in the save game range from logic to basic hub stuff. I have tried to join the IRC channel and games but I'm an American and it seems I'm out of sync with the community.

Thanks!
V453000 :)
President
President

Re: Please comment my first game with MSH, SLH, Balancers, E

Post by V453000 :) »

Hello, I have made some comments over the map; I have created a new company for that in order to keep it visible which signs are mine.

All in all just try to use waiting bays everywhere - that is about the most important thing. The rest, that just comes with more experience and often is just a matter of taste/size/effectiveness. In general if you provide good enough split and waiting bays, most things will work as long as there is enough output lines / platforms so the trains have a place where to go.

I believe we have a few americans around as well, but yeah generally it is europe.
Attachments
MrDGame2Questions_answers.sav
(634.85 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
ImageImageImage
MrDetermination
Engineer
Engineer

Thanks V. Very helpful. I really appreciate all your Advanced Building Revue writing and the video you did with XTC (PZ game 19).

The 6->2 you illustrated for me helps me understand some of the stuff I see in your save games (variations on that theme).
MrDetermination
Engineer
Engineer

If anyone is curious, here is what I ended up with. Appreciate all comments here, too.
Attachments
Determination, Inc. Part Deux., 19th Jan 2048.sav
(587.23 KiB) Downloaded 137 times

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”