[OTTD] Enormous system

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Burrito
Engineer
Engineer

[OTTD] Enormous system

Post by Burrito »

OTTD version: 0.7.3

So this is one of my biggest systems I ever created... My goal is always to lay the least amount of actual ongoing tracks and run as many trains as possible

I've spent a lot of time optimising the crossings and reducing the amount of climbs in the system.

in this savegame I'm running 292 trains, the biggest station is servicing 179 trains, without locking up.
Attachments
Minborough Transport, 5 Dec 2883.rar
savegame
(1.25 MiB) Downloaded 495 times
Minborough Transport, 12 Sep 2885.png
screenshot of the big station
(854.76 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Minborough Transport, 14 Sep 2885.png
screenshot of the whole map
(592.39 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] Enormous system

Post by Lord Aro »

impressive...
no locking up with just block signals is also impressive, but you ought to look at using pre and path signals, they will help your flow of traffic greatly!
AroAI - A really feeble attempt at an AI

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra
Burrito
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Burrito »

Lord Aro wrote:impressive...
no locking up with just block signals is also impressive, but you ought to look at using pre and path signals, they will help your flow of traffic greatly!
yeah I've been looking into that... but never really got the hang of it... at least like this it always works :D haha

I just can't figure out which sign goes where
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

just generally use oone-way path signals everywhere... you'll soon geet the hang of it :D

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra
Burrito
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Burrito »

what would be the benefit of the one-way path signals to the normal signals I use now (since I use them on 1 side only, they work as a one-way signal too)
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

http://wiki.openttd.org/Signal#Path_Signals
i might suggest you actually read what each signal does :)

Burrito
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Burrito »

hey, that actually helps :D thanks :D

I updated a few spots.... basically it solves an issue I've been building around a lot... so I ony had like 4 spots left... but it helps none the less.. :D
John_Smith
Chairman
Chairman

Post by John_Smith »

WOW, good job, keep it up.

JS.
I not an boring person, I just get excited over boring things.
V453000 :)
President
President

Post by V453000 :) »

btw what LordAro says is complete nonsense. Using path signals only is for noobs, and has absolutely no potential what so ever. Just stick with normal block signals and pre-signals. Of course PBS is good in some spots, but the primary signals should always be block. As long as you want to get better and/or make your network good.
ImageImageImage
Burrito
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Burrito »

so my computer crashed and I probably lost all my progress to this map since I posted it here... which really blows...

I'll keep you guys posted and if I can salvage the savegame I'll also re-post it here.
Burrito
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Burrito »

11 years later thinking if I could find that savegame again... luckily it is still here.. thanks to everybody involved in keeping these forums up!
At least I have some of my game left

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”