[OTTD] Southeast US - v. 1.0

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
popewiz
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [OTTD] Southeast US - v. 1.0

Post by popewiz »

bwong wrote:where'd you get the other industries?
The other industries are from George's ECS vectors. They are all required to play the Southeast US scenario.
crash665
Engineer
Engineer

Post by crash665 »

I'm guessing this post is way too old to get a response, but here goes.

I cannot find the grfs for this scenario. Even when I download all of the vectors listed, I still cannot load it.

Any help? I remember playing this years ago on another pc.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Loading up a copy, compatible copies of all NewGRFs except for two were found on my system.

HEQS 0.5c you will need to contact author Andythenorth to obtain.

Industrial Stations Renewal v0.8.0 is available here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=732942#p732942

You should be able to run version 0.8.2 without any issue as well. http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 1#p1068161

If you need help finding any other NewGRFs, please post which ones you're missing.
kamnet

Re: [OTTD] Southeast US - v. 1.1

Post by kamnet »

Alternatively, I've updated the scenario to include newer versions of HEQS, ISR and TTRS and most ECS files. The scenario was edited in OpenTTD v1.3.0. This scenario uses the now-antiquated ECS Construction Vector and ECS Basic Vector. ECS Construction Vector was merged into ECS Basic Vector and updated to ECS Basic Vector II. I've also added ECS Houses Vector. As far as I can tell, none of the parameters for any of the ECS Vectors have been set. You may want to enable the scenario editor and change these to your preference.

WARNING: As this is an altered scenario, there is a potential that the scenario file may be corrupted. If it is corrupted, there is nothing that I can do to fix it. Your ONLY alternative is to use the original scenario with the original (or compatible) NewGRFs.
Attachments
Southeast_USA_1.1_2014-01-26.scn
(4.8 MiB) Downloaded 173 times
crash665
Engineer
Engineer

Post by crash665 »

Thanks. Whatever you did in the last one works. Nice scenario. Love playing in my home town!
popewiz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by popewiz »

I'd like to update this scenario to a v2, but I'm unsure exactly how to start. It's been 7 years and there's a lot of changes to the mod universe. Any suggestions?

Also, I have to note the incredible replay-ability of a game I've been playing now for 25! years.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

popewiz wrote:I'd like to update this scenario to a v2, but I'm unsure exactly how to start. It's been 7 years and there's a lot of changes to the mod universe. Any suggestions?

Also, I have to note the incredible replay-ability of a game I've been playing now for 25! years.
The best thing to do is to export the heightmap and start from scratch rebuilding the scenario, and from the start include all the NewGRFs that you intend to include. Yes, it will be long work, hard work, but the end result is a scenario that is compatible with the latest NewGRFs and will assuredly be stable.

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”