Hakluyt Engineering Projects

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
B. Hakluyt
Engineer
Engineer

Hakluyt Engineering Projects

Post by B. Hakluyt »

Hi all. I am posting a savegame of a work-in-progress project I am currently working on. It will be completed in a few weeks. Im just posting my creation to see what you think about it. The idea is to have mega cities with a flowing railway. Am still sorting out some traffick problems as well as adding more trains to the system.
Attachments
MEGA CITY.sav
(3.79 MiB) Downloaded 258 times
teccuk
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: Hakluyt Engineering Projects

Post by teccuk »

Could we perhaps see some screenshots?
V453000 :)
President
President

Post by V453000 :) »

Interesting ... your mainlines will probably fail terribly with PBS in this way but show us the final result! :P

I would also suggest making the road grid no larger than 3x3 (even there the central tiles sometimes not get filled with buildings).. 4x4 just feels so empty :(
And it might be good to consider how are you going to catch all the buildings for maximum amount of passengers - it would be wise to use some smaller trains to collect passengers and transfer them to the main train stations.

Oh, and I would probably never play such a huge map :d you already have 2000+ road vehicles which quite sucks
ImageImageImage
B. Hakluyt
Engineer
Engineer

Post by B. Hakluyt »

Hi All

Firstly, I apologise for neglecting my own thread like this. I have been busy with work and stuff... Here is a few screenshots, but big maps like this is best view through the savegame.

I abandoned this particular project long ago, lost the save as well. Now I'm working on something new. With FIRS industries and other newgrfs. I will post progress reports in due course, should I not get distracted again. The idea is still to create ultimate mega cities with fast-flowing train networks.
Attachments
Megatopia Construction, 2nd Aug 2231.png
Megatopia Construction, 2nd Aug 2231.png (31.44 KiB) Viewed 1458 times
Megatopia Construction, 13th Aug 2231.png
Megatopia Construction, 13th Aug 2231.png (105.83 KiB) Viewed 1458 times
Megatopia Construction, 20th Aug 2231.png
Megatopia Construction, 20th Aug 2231.png (150.35 KiB) Viewed 1458 times

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”