OTTD SCN/ Central Sea (feedback expected)

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

OTTD SCN/ Central Sea (feedback expected)

Post by romazoon »

Find here scenario to download

Hi All

I just want to present you the map i ve been drawing for my next scenario"Central Sea Map" (all hand made with paint...), my motivation come from the fact that a scenario of mine that i putted a lot of time in seems to be broken cause grf (Central Lake on Sea), and so i think it would be nice making another one especially with all the future stuff on their way (i m here thinking of 2cc trainset that have in the nightly a huge amount of loco :D, Fish that is growing quite well too, the awesome nutracks, etc... )

The main idea is : 3 piece of land with mountains, valleys and Rivers on it, a nice big sea between and 2 island to add some variety.

The Gameplay will be based on Three complex but well separated network, that will have to be linked by boat or/and plane. (I ll prbably make some ressources not avalaible on every piece of land)

I m really looking forward to make a great map to play in realistic manners...

No release date planned due to impossibilty to know how much time i ll need to finish! (Also someone can tell me how bad would it be if i create the scenario with some nightlies grf, and then update them once the official release are made? I bet i would get a red window, but would it really break the scenario?)

The GRF Planned are TTRS and swedish house, opengfx landscape (for green grass and snow in artic),opengfx trees, marico ,and for station canadian,dutch, New, industrial, and DWE station sets.
For vehicule, the 2CC train set (with NUtracks of course), Aviators Aircraft, Fish, HEQS, hungarian roadtruck, ikarus set,
(i d like to allow earlier start by adding sailingship, egrvts, and Nars, but i m affraid that s too much choice in later years...so i might as well just wait for the next 2cc train set release, wich i believe would solve at least the too big train and wagons choice)
And for the industry set, i believe ECS would be the more appropriate for bigger shipment, but i like FIRS too...

Please post your suggestion, thanks

Edit : forgot important information, map is 1024x1024
Attachments
Central Sea Map V0.2.scn
(262.48 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
Last edited by romazoon on 21 Sep 2011 16:15, edited 6 times in total.
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: OTTD SCN/ Central Sea

Post by oberhümer »

You could also leave the job of adding vehicle sets to the player.
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

really?? and what about the players that can t add or change grf ingame cause they havent modified their openttd.cfg ?
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

Upload two versions then.
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

it is not making the scenario "broken" to change/remove/add grf after the making of the map ?

I want to generate the map With the grf list i ll select and Then build the scenario... cause i think that s the only way to make it clean, so tell me if i m wrong about this.

i just don t want to mess the scenario cause the grf (allready happen and not only to me i believe)
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: OTTD SCN/ Central Sea (Tester needed)

Post by romazoon »

Hello everyone

I just finalized the first draft of my map and scenario, and i d like some people to test it and give me some feedback about it !

There is about 150 cities/towns/village. 13 Industry zone all located near water to build some docks,l and in order to ship product or raw material to other "continent". I choosed specificaly the location of each industry in order to put them "not too" far from at least one supplier needed.

I builded the scenario using OTTD V1.1 beta, and there is many grf to get from there : http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/

Tell me what you think about it ! thanks

Edit : neat was written instead of near.
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: OTTD SCN/ Central Sea (tester wanted)

Post by romazoon »

a few screenies to hopefully increase number of download... (one at the moment i m writing ?( ;( )

Please comment my scenario !

I m willing to make a version of this scenario with a basic infrastructure allready owned by the company... but first i need to know how much people would like to start with a basic rail network, and how basic should it be ?

Also if i ve been scarying most of you cause the grf to look for, here is the list of grf (and just a few are not on banana i believe):

the other you will find them here: http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/
grf list.png
slickgoku
Engineer
Engineer

Post by slickgoku »

Yea, your insane list of newgrfs kind of is gonna scare a lot of people away, I'm your 1 download but I haven't played it yet and am not likely too hunt for the new grfs that can't be gotten through the online content in game :/ .
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

Nothing i can do about slickgoku, i m also not gonna go for hunting for permission to distribute here the nightlie's grf in my list, and for the good reason that when clicking on the link (i gave in two post) bring you directly where i got them from...

note also that this a test scenario, final release will only be made the day when the few nightly grf are also released as stable. Also it won t happen before ottd V1.1 stable is released....
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

romazoon wrote:Nothing i can do about slickgoku, i m also not gonna go for hunting for permission to distribute here the nightlie's grf in my list, and for the good reason that when clicking on the link (i gave in two post) bring you directly where i got them from...

note also that this a test scenario, final release will only be made the day when the few nightly grf are also released as stable. Also it won t happen before ottd V1.1 stable is released....
i think that the grflist isnt that long myself, id play the scenario, but atm i cannot be bothered to get the RC3 release, ill wait the stable out XD
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

Let s wake up this thread now i see that there were 28 download.

Anyone have comments about the scenario?? cause remember that s a test version....I m expecting some feedback to improve things...

I must say that this is one of a hell scenario that i havent played myself....(how could i?, so many scenario in development, and game runnings allready...)

Anyway, give me your comments! that i know what you like and what you dislike about this scenario.

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”