USA ultimate scenario by Filip Tailor (v1.8 out now)

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
filiptailor
Engineer
Engineer

Re: USA ultimate scenario by Filip Tailor (1.5 out now!)

Post by filiptailor »

In general, that´s true, but not only industry would be affected, if I remove all the grfs. I tried to take away all and found that if I remove Total Town Replacement and North American City Set, it affects the town´s population (buildings have different number of citizens), which is a pity because I worked out the cities so that there would be 25 biggest cities, sorted according to the real chart of American cities´ population. And now the order is messed up. So there is the point where I say NO :-) About that industry, that´s a different question and I am going to do it.

Cheers
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

Internal error:Inflate() failed.

I am using OpenTTD 0.7.0 in WinXP.
filiptailor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by filiptailor »

Which version?
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

It says "Final".

Are you using Windows, filip? Did anyone else make it work?
filiptailor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by filiptailor »

Yes, exactly the same like you. Win XP and OpenTTD 0.7.0. Very strange... No one complained so far.
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

Bennythen00b wrote:Internal error:Inflate() failed.

I am using OpenTTD 0.7.0 in WinXP.
download corrupted, redownload
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
filiptailor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by filiptailor »

Thanks, mate. So, Benny, try it now (the same link) version 1.7 (more cities)

Regards
Fil
Coxx
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: USA ultimate scenario by Filip Tailor (1.7 out now!)

Post by Coxx »

Colorado River! :lol:
screenshot#8.png
screenshot#8.png (149.79 KiB) Viewed 864 times
Palette mixed up, I guess, but it looks funny.

Amazing piece of work, allways nice to see such dedicated work on a scenario.
filiptailor
Engineer
Engineer

Re: USA ultimate scenario by Filip Tailor (1.7 out now!)

Post by filiptailor »

Thanks for appreciation. The work is still in progress, though. About palettes, "toggle palette" might solve the problem, I hope.
filiptailor
Engineer
Engineer

Re: USA ultimate scenario by Filip Tailor (v1.7 out now)

Post by filiptailor »

Hey guys, wassup? :-) Any suggestions for improvements so far? I´ve been very busy recently, but from now I am free to OTTD again.
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

Maybe make the map more OpenTTD-friendly? I mean, another version that is easier to play? Many of the mountains and stuff is kinda in the way.
filiptailor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by filiptailor »

What do you mean exactly by this? You know, I wanted to do it as realistic as possible, and adjusting terrain is exactly the opposite thing....
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

filiptailor wrote:Hey guys, wassup? :-) Any suggestions for improvements so far?
sc79
Director
Director

Post by sc79 »

Many of the mountains and stuff is kinda in the way.
Yeah, they're kinda in the way in real life too. Funny that :wink:
filiptailor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by filiptailor »

sc79: from USA..? :D seems you have experience with mountains in the way. But anyway, that´s it and I´m gonna keep them there just like they are... But I got an idea to put there the Rushmore mountain :D Could someone do the grfs? :-)
trainmaster611
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by trainmaster611 »

Mind if I make some nit-picky suggestions? :P

1) Orlando is too close to the ocean, it (the center) should be located farther west, approximately 1/3 of the way between the east and west coast of the peninsula (Ocala should be moved north).

2) Add some oil rigs in the gulf of mexico. Oil rigs are a HUGE part of the economy on the gulf

3) Add more oil wells in the Texas area

4) Move Jacksonville north by about 10 tiles and maybe east by about 2 tiles

5) Dallas and Ft Worth are twin cities, move them closer together

6) Minneapolis and St Paul are also twin cities, move them closer or combine them into one city

7) Move Milwaukee about 6 or 7 tiles south

8) Newark is more or less an extension of New York City. It's real location on your map is currently covered by the suburbs of New York so its current location is way off. I would suggest removing it.

9) Add Wilmington, DE. It's actually a pretty big stop on the Northeat Corridor.

10) Add some Iron Ore mines and Steel Mills near Birmingham, AL. That's a big part of the economy there.

11) Pittsburgh is waaaaay too far west. Also, put some more iron ore mines and steel mills around it :)

12) Remove Cape Coral, FL and add Fort Myers and possibly Naples. Ft Myers and Naples are the big southwest Florida cities, Cape Coral is like a bystander to the whole show.

13) You labeled the continuation of the Tennessee and Ohio Rivers as Tennesse River. I was under the impression that the Tenessee River becomes the Ohio when they hook up, not the other way around.

14) In the LA Basin, you have Long Beach, Anaheim, and San Bernardino way out there. You should move them closer to LA itself and make them bigger, because the LA metropolis covers the entire region.

15) Santa Barbara is bigger than Santa Maria, CA. I would remove Santa Maria and add Santa Barbara (which is in a different location, slightly east).

16) San Jose, CA should really be located at the south tip of the SF Bay. I realize that's encroaching on Fremont and the southern extent of San Fransisco so I would recommend clearing that area out and putting San Jose in its place.

17) Maybe add Eureka, CA (that's up to you, its not signifcant but it helps interrupt the emptiness of the place).

18) Add Sawmills in Northern CA, Western OR, and northwestern FL. Logging is a big part of the economies there.

19) Olympia, WA is a nowhere place. But your Olympia is conveniently located where Tacoma, WA is, so you could just rename it.

20) Yuma, AZ should be moved just north of the edge of the Mexicali Farm.

21) Phoenix, AZ and the surrounding cities should be moved south just as far as Yuma.

22) Lake Okechobee is too small. Also it should be moved slightly west and approximately as far south as Cape Coral currently is.

23) Add a factory near Detroit for the automakers (they don't make steel you know :) )

24) Lake Tahoe isn't right under Reno, NV, its actually on the border of CA and NV

Hope that wasn't too much :lol:
filiptailor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by filiptailor »

Thaaaaaaaaaaaat´s a greaaaaat post!!!! THANK YOU so much, mister 8-) gonna check it all...
Ilomoga
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ilomoga »

I can't use it, I guess I did something wrong, but when starting your map on OpenTTD 0.7.1 the water is pink. It doesn't matter if I have activated all GRF's or non, it's always pink. And when I activate all your GRF's (in the order you mentioned in your first post) some parts of the cities are pink .... What did I do wrong? I'm using OpenTTD on OSX but I doubt that's a problem? Which versions should I use when there are two of them (I guess Windows and DOS version?)

Thanks!
filiptailor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by filiptailor »

hmm... Anyone noticed similar problem? I think there must be something wrong with compatibility. I did it on 0.7.0 and everything went well... Did you try the "toggle palette" button?

PS: The things suggested by trainmaster are in progress, please be patient.
filiptailor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by filiptailor »

OK, here we go:

1) Orlando is too close to the ocean, it (the center) should be located farther west,
approximately 1/3 of the way between the east and west coast of the peninsula
(Ocala should be moved north).

DONE.

2) Add some oil rigs in the gulf of mexico. Oil rigs are a HUGE part of the economy on the gulf

DONE.

3) Add more oil wells in the Texas area

DONE.

4) Move Jacksonville north by about 10 tiles and maybe east by about 2 tiles

You probably mean Jacksonville, FL (there are two of them).
DONE.

5) Dallas and Ft Worth are twin cities, move them closer together

I decided not to do it. They gonna meet very soon after you start to build them transport.

6) Minneapolis and St Paul are also twin cities, move them closer or combine them into one city

DONE.

7) Move Milwaukee about 6 or 7 tiles south

DONE.

8) Newark is more or less an extension of New York City. It's real location on your map is currently covered by the suburbs of New York so its current location is way off. I would suggest removing it.

Yes, that´s right, but this is what I expected. As you play the game, the city will grow and after some time they will join each other, as it is now in reality, so I´d prefer let them like this (same situation like in case of Dallas and Fort Worth)

9) Add Wilmington, DE. It's actually a pretty big stop on the Northeast Corridor.

DONE.

10) Add some Iron Ore mines and Steel Mills near Birmingham, AL. That's a big part of the economy there.

Unfortunately, there was not much space for it, but though I did add some.
DONE.

11) Pittsburgh is waaaaay too far west. Also, put some more iron ore mines and steel mills around it :)

DONE.

12) Remove Cape Coral, FL and add Fort Myers and possibly Naples. Ft Myers and Naples are the big southwest Florida cities, Cape Coral is like a bystander to the whole show.

DONE.

13) You labeled the continuation of the Tennessee and Ohio Rivers as Tennesse River. I was under the impression that the Tenessee River becomes the Ohio when they hook up, not the other way around.

CORRECTED.

14) In the LA Basin, you have Long Beach, Anaheim, and San Bernardino way out there. You should move them closer to LA itself and make them bigger, because the LA metropolis covers the entire region.

That is gonna happen as the cities begin to grow, I think they are close together enough. Just the San Bernardino I put closer.
DONE.

15) Santa Barbara is bigger than Santa Maria, CA. I would remove Santa Maria and add Santa Barbara (which is in a different location, slightly east).

As there is space enough, I moved Santa Maria slightly northward and add Santa Barbara, which I made bigger.
DONE.

16) San Jose, CA should really be located at the south tip of the SF Bay. I realize that's encroaching on Fremont and the southern extent of San Fransisco so I would recommend clearing that area out and putting San Jose in its place.

Okay, that´s a good solution.
DONE.

17) Maybe add Eureka, CA (that's up to you, its not signifcant but it helps interrupt the emptiness of the place).

DONE (I added also Medford, to fill the gap even more).

18) Add Sawmills in Northern CA, Western OR, and northwestern FL. Logging is a big part of the economies there.

Also some lumber mills added along with sawmills.
DONE.

19) Olympia, WA is a nowhere place. But your Olympia is conveniently located where Tacoma, WA is, so you could just rename it.

Maybe it´s a nowhere place, but beside this, it´s still the capital of WA ;-) That´s why I´m willing to let it there. So I just decreased the population and added Tacoma.
DONE.

20) Yuma, AZ should be moved just north of the edge of the Mexicali Farm.

DONE.

21) Phoenix, AZ and the surrounding cities should be moved south just as far as Yuma.

Omg, you´re right, how could I did it that wrong.
DONE.

22) Lake Okechobee is too small. Also it should be moved slightly west and approximately as far south as Cape Coral currently is.

DONE.

23) Add a factory near Detroit for the automakers (they don't make steel you know :) )

In fact, there is no suitable default factory that could represent car industry, cos you usually don´t require grain and livestock to produce cars ;-) And as I suggested earlier, I don´t like ECS vectors, so I just added one industry there...

24) Lake Tahoe isn't right under Reno, NV, its actually on the border of CA and NV

I think Lake Tahoe is well-situated, so I just slightly moved Reno northward.
DONE.
Hope that wasn't too much :lol:
Oh no, not at all! I´m glad that finally someone did it that precisely... Aaand may I have a question? You are from USA, or you are a geographer or what? :D But anyway, thanks a lot.

Looking forward to see your feedback.

Cheers
Fil Tailor

PS: the server where I placed the scenario to download from is temporarily unavailable. Hopefully, it will be back in a few days. If not, i´ll place the scenario somewhere else or I can send it via email to anyone. Just drop me a line.

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”