Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:16 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:43 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

A few years back I took on an ambitious project to update the ever-popular Cindini 3 scenario to include FIRS. More info here. It was a good start of an update, but I must admit that towards the end I started to tire of it and just wanted it done. I could have done better.

So, this time I will.

To start, I am going to be working with Whopper on just how to make those improvements better. My first time around, all I wanted to do was swap out industries. But I've come to find that the true charm in Cindini is the story that has been created for it. I want to be true to that story. To that end, I'm going to be more meticulous in not only replacing the vanilla industries, but in where and how I place new industries.

For those industries, I am going to fulfill a promise I made the last time. We already have Cindini 3 using FIRS Tropical Basic, so this time I will be using FIRS 3's In A Hot Country economy. It offers a significant boost in the number of cargoes and industry chains over vanilla and FIRS Tropical Basic. One of the bigger changes that I will introduce is placement of more hotels in tourist areas in order to facilitate more passenger destinations, now that FIRS 3 hotels are not restricted in placement as they were in FIRS 1/2.

As previous, I will release both a full scenario file that is ready playable, as well as a basic file where you can add your own NewGRFs. This time around I will publish it via BaNaNaS. The full scenario will include either OpenGFX+ Trains or Iron Horse, SQUID, OpenGFX+ Road Vehicles, and AV9. I may also include some stations and objects.

Base Music Sets: OpenMSX | Scott Joplin Anthology | Traditional Winter Holiday Music | Modern Motion Music
Other Projects: 2CC Trams | Modern Waypoints | Sprite Sandbox & NewGRF Releases | Ideabox | Town Names | Isle of Sodor Scenario | Random Sprite Repository
Misc Topics: My Screenshots | Forgotten NewGRFs | Unfinished Graphics Sets | Stats Shack | RoadTypes?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:43 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Excellent to hear that it's back.

Cindini was one of my favourite scenarios and it's amazing to hear that it's once again being brought up to date.