[TTDP] DoR's Scenario's and Saved Games.

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Dutchman on Rails
Engineer
Engineer

[TTDP] DoR's Scenario's and Saved Games.

Post by Dutchman on Rails »

Hello,

This is the first installment of my scenario's and saved games thread. This thread is paired to the screenshots thread, meaning that normally if you find screenshots there, you can find the scenario and saved game here, and vice versa.

For this first installment, I'd like to present you a repost of the Wertfurter Kreis scenario (which otherwise would be the only one outside of this thread), as well as the final saved game of the Wertfurter Kreisbahn.

Kind Regards, DoR
Attachments
Wertfurter Kreis.zip
(154.53 KiB) Downloaded 280 times
Wertfurter Kreisbahn 1963.SV1
(314.69 KiB) Downloaded 243 times
Jim Powers
President
President

Re: [TTDP] DoR's Scenario's and Saved Games.

Post by Jim Powers »

Mr. Dutchman on Rails;

Congratulations! You made a pretty nice scenario, Sir. I downloaded it and liked most
of the things I saw. Keep at it and you'll be making those 'puppies' better all the time, and
enjoying every minute. I know I do. (BTW, right now I'm working on a scenario of China.) :wink:

Always,
Jim Powers
Dutchman on Rails
Engineer
Engineer

Hello Jim,

Thank you very much for the nice compliment. I'll be looking forward to seeing what you make of the scenario. Also I'll be looking forward to your China scenario.
As for enjoying myself, I have to admit that making the scenario's is tedious work, but playing them is enjoyable to me...

Kind Regards, DoR
Last edited by Dutchman on Rails on 04 Feb 2008 15:25, edited 1 time in total.
Dutchman on Rails
Engineer
Engineer

New Scenario, St. John's Wood.

Hello,

As the second installment of this thread, I'd like to present you the scenario my next game (see screenshots thread) will be based on. The enclosed readme speaks for itself.

Note: Originally this scenario was unintendedly posted as a seperate thread. I hope I have sufficiently corrected that deficiency with deleting the thread and reposting it in my own thread.

Kind Regards, DoR

Edit. Due to certain effects in the game making it very clear that for further gameplay I need the 'nightlies' features, the project was terminated. The final save game was added here.
Attachments
St. John's Wood.zip
(154.65 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
St Johns Wood Railways Save Game.zip
The final save game of St. John's Wood railways.
(172.21 KiB) Downloaded 158 times
Dutchman on Rails
Engineer
Engineer

Hello,

This time, if you intend to try your hand at this scenario, it will take you to the Neukölner Kreis, an underdeveloped region somewhere in the mountainous areas of Germany. As usual, you can find the information in the ReadMe file, and the TTDPatch.cfg and NewGRFW.cfg used for this scenario are included as well. Enjoy!

Kind Regards, DoR
Attachments
Neukölner Kreis.zip
(154.45 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
satosphere
Engineer
Engineer

Post by satosphere »

I love the realistic nature of your scenarios - with rivers, valleys, lakes and with towns situated mostly along river/lake shores. So I was planning on starting a game on it.

Does your Neukölner Kreis have any industries to start with, or is it just random ones that pop up?
Talent does what it can.
Genius What it must
Dutchman on Rails
Engineer
Engineer

Hi Satosphere,

There are no industries.

I'll be looking forward to see how you will be doing. A word of caution, don't underestimate the terrain...
satosphere
Engineer
Engineer

Post by satosphere »

The problem is that I am already biased by the routing in your game through your screenshots. I shall try to be different, but there are not many other paths that I can take.
Talent does what it can.
Genius What it must
Dutchman on Rails
Engineer
Engineer

The routes are more or less forced by the landscape.Still, the industries and town growth will have a say in the development of your network. And I have to admit I overlooked certain possibilities...
Nagyzee
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Nagyzee »

I'm also playing your Neuköln map right now. The terrain is very nice and with the cost modifying grfs it's a real challenge. I'm in 1945 currently and already made plenty of screenshots and wrote a little story behind the happenings. But I don't know whether it would be worth it to open another screenshot thread with the same scenario in use.

Though I developed my network in another direction. Of course I also started with a local bus service in Neuköln. Was a real pain with the vehicle sets I'm using. With the first bus type of GRVTS I could barely recoup the property maintenance costs and loan interests. German trams were even worse, with them I was making a steady loss. In 1928 I also started an S-Bahn in Neuköln with an ET-87 set, but afterwards I took another direction. The first two connectable industries on the map were a farm west of Offenburg (halfway towards Gerafort) and a Food Processing Plant in Gerafort. Also a subsidy (I play only with 1.5x multiplier) was offered for grain shipments in 1932, so I went that way. Soon, I connected the two towns as well and started a food service to Offenburg. In the early 40s I could finally connect Offenburg to Neuköln integrating the two separate networks and taking off financially thanks to the fast passenger trains between them.

That's where I am now, and so far I have enjoyed it greatly.

PS: And there are still nice possibilities on the map. I can't wait to start expanding towards Fürth. (Fürth has a Sawmill and a Factory and Regenssee has a Forest.)
Dutchman on Rails
Engineer
Engineer

I'll leave the question if it's worth opening another thread to the forum users. Personally I think you're making a very different approach from me, which may make it worthwhile.

In any case, it's fun to hear your way of dealing with things. Having the processing plant and farm where they popped up was a bit of a break I guess, but from what I hear you needed it with more difficult RV sets.
Nagyzee
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Nagyzee »

Well, to be honest I like steam locomotives and early electric ones the most in the DB set and generally as well. Also I like the looks of towns in the early period a lot more. So for me it's hard to give up the early game too much. (That's my only problem with cash-stripped games. :) Too bad there's no daylength feature in TTDP.) That's why in 1932 I gave up waiting and decided to start another mini-network in the Gerafort/Offenburg area. (Though my aim was to connect to Neuköln as soon as possible at least.) It would have taken ages to expand from Neuköln. Till the opening of the S-Bahn I barely made any profit.* So up until 1928 I was only waiting and bought the ET-87 mostly from spared initial loan.

Btw I also had a Coal Mine and a Power Plant popping up in the area of Offenburg, but that felt too much so I went back to a savegame without the Power Plant. And indeed I was really lucky with the Farm and Processing Plant. Up until 1940 or so when the first Sawmill was constructed these two were the only matching industries on the map. (Plus another Farm far from that area.) I had like 4 Forests but no Sawmill, also 4-5 Iron Ore Mines, but no Steel Mill. Plus two Coal Mines without any Power Plant. The beauty of starting without industries. :)

So how lucky is having the only matching industries so close? 8)

Oh, and before I forget: thanks for this great map! This is easily the best scenario I have played so far.

--------

*The earliest savegame I found is from 1928, and according to that my balance looked like this in 1926:
Road veh. income: 11k $
Running costs: -1k $
Property maintenance: -3k $
Loan interest: -1.5k $ (on 40k loan)

Total: 5.5k $

And by that time the 2 buses were full in both directions every time. In the very first years I had 1-2k $ profit per year at most. Oh, and running costs were set down to medium. If that makes a difference...
Last edited by Nagyzee on 09 Jul 2008 05:52, edited 1 time in total.
Nagyzee
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Nagyzee »

Sorry for the double post but talking about breaks gave me an idea:

Gerafort and Offenburg seemed to me the two most easy to connect towns anyways. There is place for a completely flat track between the two and only two bridges are needed. So I just tried whether it's possible to connect them from the initial 200k $ loan (the lowest possible). And it is. The line cost me 130k $ (construction costs set to high and also using the two cost modifying grfs) and from the remaining 70k it's easy to buy a train. One could probably start with two trains and a passing loop at once. Offenburg is big enough for a local bus service as well. While Gerafort is quite small (200 inhabitants) it still accepts mail which is another big plus.

So for those who'd like to start the fastest possible I'd advise starting right there in 1921 or 1922. (Depending on whether you wait out the first passenger locomotive or start right away with the BR92.)

Maybe I'll try that too after I played through the map again. I could probably write a nice alternative story to that version. :wink:
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Dutchman on Rails wrote:I'll leave the question if it's worth opening another thread to the forum users. Personally I think you're making a very different approach from me, which may make it worthwhile.
Get it done, chop chop! I like screenies!
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Dutchman on Rails
Engineer
Engineer

Yes, I missed the Offenburg-Gerafort option in my game and only discovered it much later. Very good.

About the industries, it is those first two industries. If you can get them early on and they can be easily connected, then you can leverage that break to build up your passengers network and become industry-independent.
Nagyzee
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Nagyzee »

I wouldn't like to steal the show (not as if I was capable of the same standard) so even if I start posting that will be after DoR has finished posting his campaign.

I'll just attach my map from 1945 for now.

Btw today I started a test campaign (just played it till 1924 or so) to try out starting with Gerafort and Offenburg right away. You can have a profitable passenger service between the two in 1-2 years only. So you don't even need connectable industries then to get on track relatively fast. By the early/mid 30s you can connect to Neuköln, I guess and then you are set. (Offenburg-Neuköln line is a real cash-cow for me.) Btw in my current game I really liked this Food Processing Plant option as it gave extra variety to the early game.
Attachments
NeukölnMap1945.png
NeukölnMap1945.png (23.31 KiB) Viewed 3532 times
Dutchman on Rails
Engineer
Engineer

Good show!

You didn't see it yet, as I have the screenshots, but didn't publish it yet, but Neukölner Kreisbahn came up with the same idea in project Nordnetz... :)
ivanfurlanis
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ivanfurlanis »

By the way, is it possible to convert the famous Neukölner Kreis scenario for OpenTTD? I've tried to import it in OTTD and I've encountered two little problems: the first problem that the scenario has snow (not quite a problem in itself, the real one is that if I bulldozer something, the ground never come to snow again); the second that the AI wants to play with this scenario, too, also if I set to zero the maximum number of competitors. Any suggestion to resolve these? Thanks.
Gremnon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Gremnon »

The snow would probably because temperate snowline was on before, and afaik still isn't implemented in OTTD yet. Not really a problem though.
As to competitors, go to the AI tab and disable all vehicle types... and zero the competitiors too, but that'll stop them getting in the way some, at least.

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”