[TPPD] my first big network [of 1000 performance]

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
qrizly
Engineer
Engineer

[TPPD] my first big network [of 1000 performance]

Post by qrizly »

whee i did started out with this game not that long ago, but this is my first big net work of a performance of 1000
(well just 995 with "new vehicle performance" - switch on :( )

its a random medium game with 2 quadro-track networks (1 quadro track for goods, 1 for passengers) and normally only goods trains runs over both networks

i was already kinda ready around 1990 or so with my network layout. Most upgrades goes to better junctions or duel to quadro track for the passenger line between those 2 saved game.
Attachments
TRP55.SV1
around 2050
(636.54 KiB) Downloaded 246 times
TRP02.SV1
around 1990
(602.34 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [TPPD] my first big network [of 1000 performance]

Post by Rob »

There are a lot of empty tracks in there, and most of the stations could be a lot smaller with only 140 trains in total.
Long time since I saw an ufo, haven't seen one of those in years. :shock:
I like your spaghetti junctions, although I would probably make them more efficient, space wise I mean.

Why do you use a vehicle multiplier of 40 ? I have a lot more vehicles and mine is somewhere around 19 or so.
Wie zich gelukkig voelt met het geluk van anderen, bezit een rijkdom zonder grenzen. (F.Daels)
Still the best OS around
qrizly
Engineer
Engineer

Post by qrizly »

vehicle multiplier of 40 ? good question, since i dont know what that term means :shock:
hah im playing this game for weeks not months or years .. :roll:

but which junction could be smaller ? i made my junction non-interfering as possble .. like a train on the inner tracks cant slow down a train on the outer track (that goes forward) if it wants to go right or left. same of course if an outer track wants to go to left or right and there is a train on the inner track :wink:

my 4 line double cross junction (in the center) and T-junction seems big yeah, but its actually smaller then the expanded 4 line clover junction on the website same goes for my 4-line T-junction. I thought about using a 4 line crab or soemthing like that with 3 looping lines, but .. that has actually 3 looping lines of just a single track. not 3 looping lines of a duel track. (so the inner and outer track will get mixed up)
but yeah it wont be the most effective network ever .. cuz i made the network first then the connections to the stations :lol:
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

Yes I know it isn't all that easy. It took me also a couple of years to be able to make my networks efficient.
I start out simple with a two way track all around the map, and connect stations like in the first picture.
I then just keep adding stations and trains until too many traffic jams occur, then I add more track or make it more efficient.
That results in junctions like in the second picture and stations like in the third. Although that last one is quite extreme, and unique on my map.
The moreverhicles switch is explained in the WIKI
Oh and I extended the main station a bit the other day, that's why there are some "bare" patches in there. :D
Attachments
Normal station connected to a small track
Normal station connected to a small track
image001.png (387.76 KiB) Viewed 3832 times
A junction grown rather big, but it is necessary to accommodate all the trains that go by
A junction grown rather big, but it is necessary to accommodate all the trains that go by
image002.png (913.01 KiB) Viewed 441 times
image003.png
My main station, 15 tiles wide with 26 station tracks for servicing all the trains that make use of it
(3 MiB) Downloaded 112 times
Wie zich gelukkig voelt met het geluk van anderen, bezit een rijkdom zonder grenzen. (F.Daels)
Still the best OS around
qrizly
Engineer
Engineer

Post by qrizly »

yeah i see what ya mean, but for some reason i dont like to use path based signals.
In that small station why not a one direction based station ? (thats what i use a lot) so trains dont need to wait to enter a station if there is a train from the oppesite direction that wants to enter the station @ the same time. and since i useally make the trains go back on the same route they are using to get to a station it looks to me more effecient to do so. yeah it consumes a bit more space but .. less waiting time ?
The reason i got so many "empty" tracks is that i didnt disable breakdown. With the maglev trains i had this problem that on my busiest track if there was a brake down there was like 7 trains waiting for that single train.

i noticed when you use like 3 stations for each single incoming track, the trains wont have this need to wait for a station, no matter how busy the line is. well i could be wrong (so dont sue me on this one! :lol: ) but in my eyes its kinda more efficient to keep as less as possble trains waiting for a station.

and i never readed the more vehicle switch description online, so thx for the tip 8)
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

Path based signals are the best a man can get, they are just awesome.
With then you get efficient junctions that use up less space, and besides they look and act as real life junctions.
I couldn't life without them anymore. :P

Look again at my station it isn't bidirectional, it's a through or roll on roll off station. Al my stations are RORO stations, they are extremely efficient, as you already stated. :)

And yeah I have turned off vehicle breakdown, I think it was after I owned some 150 trains or so. And now, owning over 800 trains, my network would collapse completely if I turned them on again. I don't think the breakdowns are realistic anyway. Since when do trains break down and block the tracks for a couple of days anyway ?

Hmm, yeah I could build more tracks in that station these days, but when I first build it we were just able to build up to 15 tracks along side each other. Before that we could only build 7 tracks as a maximum. The way I did it now, with all the space restrictions I have at that station, it's the best possible option I think.

I'll add my game here, maybe you like it. 8)
Attachments
TRP00.SV1
(1.61 MiB) Downloaded 167 times
Still the best OS around

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”