[OTTD] Sakhalin

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
doktorhonig
Tycoon
Tycoon

[OTTD] Sakhalin

Post by doktorhonig »

Hi, again a Scenario by the cute duck: Sakhalin!

This is the largest Russian island, which was also partly possessed by the Japanese. Sakhalin has lots of resources, which makes it great for this game. However, in real life, the extraction of resources has a very bad impact on the environment. If you're interested in it, read the wikipedia-article.

Some Notes:
  • North is north. Most of the map is water now, but who cares.
  • It was quite hard to find enough towns, but I think there are enough now. The small villages in the north are not really a bargain, but if you want to develop them - have fun.
  • This map is a real industry-map, the more you go north, the higher is the production rate of the oil wells. However, industries are placed in a semi-random way. Manufacturing-plants are located in the south, though.
  • I don't have real knowledge about this island, so maybe some town is wrong, or the coastline hasn't made it through the heightmap, sorry for that.
  • It's an arctic map. The south may be rather temperate, but I think arctic fits better. The only drawback is, that the default arctic-trains don't have decent locos in modern times.
Download it here!

Resized Screenshot
Screenshot of the Map
Last edited by doktorhonig on 28 Sep 2007 15:49, edited 1 time in total.
gtagangster
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [OTTD]Sakhalin

Post by gtagangster »

looks like a very good map, well done!
doktorhonig
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD]Sakhalin

Post by doktorhonig »

Thanks a lot, the trees suck.. maybe I'll start this scenario later on my server, to test it in multiplayer.

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”