[OpenTTD] The river

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

[OpenTTD] The river

Post by XeryusTC »

I've made a little sub-arctic scenario. There is a river running through the map and there are loads of high production industries. The downside is that construction and running costs are quite high and you'll need to plan properly otherwise you will not benefit from the high production industries. Ships are a good method of transporting goods as there are at least one or two industries of every secondary industry accessible by river. Every town also has a road connection to other towns so most of the required road infrastructure already exists so you can use it to start out.

Difficulty: medium-hard
Size: 256x256
Quantity of towns: low
Quantity of industries: medium
OpenTTD version: nightly build r10948 (it might be possible to load in earlier nightlies too)
Attachments
The river.scn
The scenario
(51.17 KiB) Downloaded 232 times
the-river.png
Map overview
(307.64 KiB) Downloaded 409 times
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Tom0004
Chairman
Chairman

Re: [OpenTTD] The river

Post by Tom0004 »

one suggestion, the starting year, as your ownly allowed to build one RV, and no trains, in 1930 :cry:
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Use a newgrf set or change the start year yourself then.
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Indeed, the game is meant to be played with at least a train set, I didn't include one because you can pick one yourself now.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”