Scenarios Forum Guidelines

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Scenarios Forum Guidelines

Post by orudge »

Welcome to the Scenarios forum! This forum is where all your Transport Tycoon, Transport Tycoon Deluxe, TTDPatch and OpenTTD scenarios should go! Some guidelines:
  • It is generally recommended that you start a new topic for each scenario you make. Alternatively, you may prefer to create a thread for all of your own scenarios, in the same style as in the Screenshots forum.
  • It is recommended you include a "tag" in the topic title to signify which game you're creating scenarios for. For instance: [TTO] for the original Transport Tycoon (World Editor), [TTD] for Transport Tycoon Deluxe, [TTDP] for TTDPatch or [OTTD] for OpenTTD seem good to me.
  • Scenarios for these games only in here please. Locomotion, Transport Empire, etc have their own scenario threads within their respective forums.
  • Have fun!
If any of you have any queries or comments about these guidelines, please post here!
mikeel
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Scenarios Forum Guidelines

Post by mikeel »

maybe it would be useful if scenario's artists in the new topic present their works putting a screenshot of the mimimap and a screenshot of a detail (as in the scenario's wiki).

And, of course, link their scenario to the wiki.
OzBabe
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OzBabe »

if thatwas the case,mikee, I wuld not be posting any scenarios im proud of as
im only relatively new to designing them and would not feel at all comfortable to do as you just suggested..

For the time being im ok to post my scenarios here where i get constructive criticism...
and help, but the wiki i would dare say, is better suited to the more pro designers.....
From the ashes rises majestically, a golden pheonix, so do I rise from the ground to conquer all that fall before me, Known as petty servant, For I am The Death Queen of Hell.
mikeel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mikeel »

of course, you don't link your scenario to the wiki until it is complete.
what i was suggesting is put the two screenshot in the first post of the topic, so everyone can have an instantaneous feedback of the scenario without downloading it.
jmc47ott
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by jmc47ott »

It used to be the custom to "sign" a map or scenario by using the sign tool to place information in an inconspicuous corner of the map. I have not been doing it either lately, but when I am asked what scenario my screenshot comes from I may not know where I got it or whom to credit. It might be a good idea to suggest that those who post their maps and scenarios do so in order to prevent inadvertent plagiarization. I will try to remember to do so myself.

Some posted GRFs also lack adequate information. The developers and scenarists put a lot of work into their projects and deserve full credit. By not thinking to do this they are slighting themselves.

Please note: I have made statements deploring the Microsoft and Brussels mindset of denying free choice to people on the grounds that someone [Big Brother?] knows better. I am not advocating a diktat, just a friendly suggestion.
Something like this->
Something like this->
New M.T.A., Info 1973.png (10.95 KiB) Viewed 18620 times
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to fulfill it;...and only the dead have seen the end of war."
Jorge Agustín Nicolás Ruiz de Santayana
Trar
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Trar »

I have the original scenarios from TTD, and the only other place I could find them was the Abandonia download for TTD. Would it be acceptable if I hosted them separately and linked them on this forum?
Dave

Post by Dave »

I'd rather you didn't. By all means host them, but we don't allow posts containing links to any of the original game data, including exe or graphics. Scenarios should be no different.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
simtrain
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Original TTD Scenarios

Post by simtrain »

Trar wrote:I have the original scenarios from TTD, and the only other place I could find them was the Abandonia download for TTD. Would it be acceptable if I hosted them separately and linked them on this forum?
I still have my original TTD disk, and want to be able to extract the scenarios to play with the Open version, is there away of doing this?

Regards

Simtrain

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”