[TTD] Post your saved games and scenarios here!

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

r0b0t_b0y2003 wrote:try removing the underscore and the numbers that follow it. Php adds them when there is more than one file of that name on the server.
Thanks, it works (but I found it out first on #tycoon ;)).
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Raichase requested it, this is just a random arctic map hacked up a bit. Some rivers running through it, landscape shuffled a bit, better town placement with some bigger towns than normal (A few 1500+ towns scattered far away from each other), and the rest being teeny little ones.

Using TTRS2-Mod and North American Building Set.
Attachments
TRT00.SV0
(307.88 KiB) Downloaded 322 times
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

My savegame, in 1990 from the network building guide.

Requires the Canadian Set (0.2e I think they are on now?), all the various PIGS files, as well as the NABuilding Set, and TTRSv2. Newstations is needed, US Roads will help out, and HOVS for the buses. If you require a newgrfw.cfg, I can provide, under the usual disclaimer.

Note, the trams won't work properly, they are test versions of trams from DanMacK.

But the main point of focus is on the trains anyway.

Also, at GoneWackos request, successive savegames from random intervals of time, starting in the 40's, when he requested it. Next game, I'll be sure to save every 5 or 10 years for you Gee Dub ;).
Attachments
TRP09.SV1
(360.52 KiB) Downloaded 287 times
Older Savegames.zip
(4 MiB) Downloaded 245 times
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Marshy
Director
Director

Post by Marshy »

Great game Rai!

Here is my game, on the old 'one junction' map. Using the Canset, new stations and US Stations. This is my usual style of play, with direct lines serving goods and passengers (actually named seston transport):
Attachments
TRP02.SV1
Marshay Transport
(517.86 KiB) Downloaded 249 times
offrimmer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by offrimmer »

Here is something a little different. A few facts about this game:

-Nearly 500 years old
-240 trains and not one signal
-tunnels can go through other tunnels
-many 400 million pound tunnels
-no inflation, so the 154 million pound train income is in 1950 pounds
-most of the map is covered in city.
Attachments
TRP00.SV1
(821.78 KiB) Downloaded 287 times
_I=_=I_
Trev
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Trev »

Raichase, I was looking through your saved game. The line that runs between Fort Sonburg East and Fledingville makes a weird detour up a slopw, though a 6-tile long tunnel and then back down a slope. Wouldn't it be better for it to continue in a straight line without changing levels by building a 5-tile long tunnel between the points where the two lines becomes one? The tunnel itself (for me) cost $70,368 but with the removal of track, the total cost of the project, including signals, was just $61,492 or 0.035% of the company's current bank balance. Trains would saveacending and decending one slope, two right-angle turns and an about 6 tiles of track. :)

Yeah, I'm an economist, and I'm bored (well, procrastinating from actual work)
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

All in the name of realism. That track used to be a single track branchline, and like a real company, I could never be bothered to improve it.
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

I wonder...what is wrong with improving on realism? :P
Trev
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Trev »

I've been playing this for about six months now and I'm still going. It has (est) 439 trains and a sprinkling of RV's and ships. Most of the lines are 4 tracks and a few that are 8 tracks, which leads to rather large junctions. There is just one factory on the map, featured in the screen shot. Probably half of my trains go though those four stations.

Enjoy. :)
Attachments
SCR15.png
SCR15.png (168.76 KiB) Viewed 7429 times
TigerTransport2.rar
Game plus ttdpatch.cfg and newgrf.cfg
(307.7 KiB) Downloaded 328 times
Trev
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Trev »

I take it that my game was nothing exciting?
collingwood
Engineer
Engineer

Post by collingwood »

Trev wrote:I take it that my game was nothing exciting?
Yours was the best I'd ever played with. How long did it took you to set the whole thing up?

Not to be off-topic, I'll post my scenario here
Attachments
SCR16.png
SCR16.png (25.38 KiB) Viewed 7331 times
TRP00.SV0
(302.27 KiB) Downloaded 279 times
Trev
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Trev »

I'd like to see your saved game.
collingwood
Engineer
Engineer

Post by collingwood »

Trev wrote:I'd like to see your saved game.
I haven't finished laying the tracks yet and there are also a few places not working properly. Maybe I'll upload the game later.

Here comes with two more screenshots. The first one is the harbour-crossing bridges while the other is my power station configuration.
Attachments
SCR17.png
SCR17.png (59.83 KiB) Viewed 7263 times
SCR12.png
SCR12.png (40.48 KiB) Viewed 7263 times
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Here's my finished game set in 2049, using the DBset, with only 11 months left before 2050, and the company has only reached President status. Improve it so that you can become Tycoon of the Century! :P
Anyway, have fun...
Attachments
Company statistics.
Company statistics.
SCR67.png (190.25 KiB) Viewed 1326 times
A map of the network.
A map of the network.
SCR61.png (58.54 KiB) Viewed 1368 times
TRP13.SV1
(427.26 KiB) Downloaded 296 times
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

This is my early save game, i'm uploading it so i can transfer it from computers, aswell as so you can see my progress so far.
Nice set Pikka!
Attachments
TRP03.SV1
(296.87 KiB) Downloaded 236 times
Last known as: Weirdy
HaroldV
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by HaroldV »

Warning, long post ahead. :mrgreen:

Just Add Freight

A savegame of my Poland Scenario with a comprehensive passenger+mail service already in place. There are sixteen towns; all have services that connect to one another, on speed-graded 4-track lines. Of course, there's lots of industry waiting to be incorporated into the network, and the existing passenger+mail services will need to be updated as the towns grow further, but that is your challenge!

Quick Notes: (to get started)

-The download pack has the savegame plus the necessary configuration files.
-Patch a69 or higher is required. a69 is recommended as it is the patch version that the game was created under and does not have any of the problems that have appeared in a70-72.
-Necessary GRFs: Total Town Replacement v2, USSet (v0.86), MB's NewStations, track foundations.
-Recommended GRFs: USStations (v0.86), NewBridges.

Explanation of Network and Services:
(Very detailed info - feel free to skip this, but I felt grognards might be interested in how the network was created, and relative newbies might find useful ideas here.)

Speed-graded Network

The network is all 4-track. The 2 outer lines in each direction are fast lines (100mph+) and the 2 inner lines are the slow lines (55-80mph). At present, the slow lines are fairly sparingly used, so there's plenty of room to add your freight delivery trains onto these lines, and use them to deliver into the existing destination stations all the towns have.

The network is set up as two interconnected loops (see the map picture). The larger loop runs around the twelve towns closer to the edge of the map. Starting from the upper left and going clockwise, this loop comprises: Szczecin, Koszalin, Gdansk, Olsztyn, Kaliningrad, Bialystok, Lublin, Rzeszow, Krakow, Katowice, Wroclaw, Legnica. The inner loop is smaller, incorporating the four remaining towns: Poznan, Bydgoszcz, Warszawa and Lodz.

Services

To connect all towns comprehensively, the following scheme was adopted. (I hope these explanations help you "get into" the game quicker, and assist in determining what tweaks and changes you will make in your ongoing game.)

#1. All towns are connected to their nearest neighbour (on their respective loop) by a slow-service Budd DMU train.
e.g. Train 1: Szczecin to Koszalin.

#2. All towns on the outer loop are connected to the second nearest neighbour on the outer loop by a slow-service, hauled (usually) by a GP38-2 [see note * below].
e.g. Train 17: Szczecin to Gdansk.

#3. All towns [see note ** below] are connected to all remaining towns (those not covered by #1. and #2. above) by any of the following services, depending on which is most appropriate:

--#3.a. For relatively close towns (usually towns that are close geographically, but on different loops) a train similar to #2 above is used.
e.g. Train 60: Olsztyn to Bygdoszcz.

--#3.b. On and across outer loop towns not covered by the above: a fast-service hauled by a P40 Genesis [see note *** below].
e.g. Train 18: Szczecin to Olsztyn.

--#3.c. Connecting towns from the outer loop to towns on the inner loop, and not covered by #3.a above: a fast-service hauled by a F40PH-2 (in various liveries).
e.g. Train 26: Szczecin to Poznan.

--#3.d. There's only one possibility not covered: second nearest neighbours on the inner loop. For this a short Colorado DMU is used.
e.g. Train 111: Poznan to Warszawa.

* - Just for the sake of variety - and because they look so cool - you can also find other locos hauling this type of service: An F7, a Sharknose, a Berkshire, and some GP9s, etc. These aren't necessarily the most efficient locos for the job, but they do it well enough and I like a little variety in the graphics.
** - Except Katowice. Because of it's awkward placement and limited room for a station, this town is serviced only by about half of the other towns.
*** - Or a Turbo Train, for much the same reasons as [*].

Station Names

Waypoint station names begin with an "=" to denote waypoint status. Followed by three letter abbreviation of associated town name, followed by two further letters. The first indicates whether the line is Fast or Slow, the second indicates line direction (North, South, East, West - North is to the upper left).
e.g. "=War FN" := Warszawa, fast line, going to the North.

Town stations begin with an "*", just to distinguish them very clearly from waypoints in the vehicle order and station lists.

Got all that? ;)
Alright, enjoy.
Attachments
JAF network layout
JAF network layout
JAF Map.png (20.31 KiB) Viewed 7093 times
JustAddFreight.zip
Just Add Freight savegame/scenario and configs.
(177.07 KiB) Downloaded 306 times
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

Here is a saced game of my current game. Im using the aus set. im also using pikkas viaduct hovs, and vic trams. Im also using us roads. here is my ttdpatch.cfg.
edit ive added mt latest save it has a new platform added at the station pictured im my glitch screenie. Hope you like it. By the way it is verry looseyley based on Raichasses guide.
Attachments
Trp26.sv1
(405.75 KiB) Downloaded 220 times
ttdpatch.cfg
(33.02 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
Trp29.sv1
(406 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
Flamelord
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Flamelord »

Here's my latest game, around 2039. It's quite interesting, especially the way the industry clustering worked out. Anyway, take a look at it.

The zip should be extracted to your TTDPatch directory, and you should modify the shortcut to point to the directory (instead of C:\TTDX\)

The shortcut will allow you (windows users for sure, others, I dunno) to load the patch with the configs and grfs without needing to modify your own configurations. Enjoy!

(If you have a trp06.sv1 already, you may want to extract the savegame separately elsewhere and rename it before moving it to your TTDPatch directory)
Attachments
invenly.zip
The savegame is called Invenly Market Transport.
(1.93 MiB) Downloaded 209 times
Additional Livery Set
Official TT-Jewel Staite FanClub
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Hey, that's a really neat way of packaging your saved games. :D I'll make sure I'll upload my games like this too next time, since it seems to be so simple for the other players.
Crazy Vaclav
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Crazy Vaclav »

I thought I would post a scenario that I enjoyed a lot. It is centered around a big mountain with the city of Woodfall on the summit. I wanted to create a map with few cities and industries, so you really have to travel a long way through the landscape to get to your destination.

I really enjoyed this one. Have fun.
Attachments
TRP01.SV0
(305.83 KiB) Downloaded 261 times

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”