[TTD] Post your saved games and scenarios here!

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

I have been playing DanMacks Longmap from above last couple of days and it just inspired me to create one mysel.

Now, my one is only three parts, but it should be interesting enough.
I suggest to use the DBSetXL as it contains Swiss town names, so that should about fit.
Unfortunately, Alpine can not be used, as it is a temp map, rather then arctic... :oops:
Further more, you will not be able to avoid building certain mountainious lines, as you will see from attached map.
And, to add to the challenge, there is no industries placed on the map, so you will have to see what the game serves you up as you go along. On the other hand, that should allow you to concentrate on building up a nice passenger network, until some industries appear.

EDIT: Another thing I inteded on this map is to have the possibility to make a nice mainline as well as having the possibility for nice branchlines into small villages and along some coastlines.

Make sure that you trim the filename back to the standard format for TTDPatch savegames. So it should be something like TRPXX.sv0, where as XX stands for any no between 00 and 99 which does not yet exist in your TTD directory.

I would be happy to see some screenies.
Now, good luck with the challenge.
Attachments
TRP01_Freiburglongmap.SV0
(392.75 KiB) Downloaded 753 times
Freiburg_longmap.png
Freiburg_longmap.png (13.68 KiB) Viewed 25310 times
Last edited by The Irish on 24 Sep 2006 01:36, edited 1 time in total.
*** Ce French Train Set ***
*** Visit my transport related pictures on Flickr ***
ImageImageImageImageImage
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
"A committee is a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done" (Fred Allen 1894-1956 US radio comic).
mtwist
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mtwist »

Nice to see a good map since a long time. I have not played TT for some weeks, but I will give this map a try :D For the next LongMap some more mountains and the Alpine climate would be cool...
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Very promising, The Irish, downloading now.
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

Yeah, I actually intended this one to be an alpine one, but as I actually never used the alpine climate before, I never realised that the map actually has to be arctic for it to work.

So I will probably recreate a similar thing in arctic. Stay tuned...
"A committee is a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done" (Fred Allen 1894-1956 US radio comic).
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

You could, ofcourse, use the climate sign cheat. Even in the scenario editor.
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

Yeah, I could. But then again, that used to f**k up the industries, not to mention, that I never actually got the cheat itself to work. :roll:
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

At least the game works for some people. I have downloaded it into the TTWin95 folder (which is empty of games and scenarios) but in Patch 2.5 Beta 8 it isn't there! :cry:
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Ameecher wrote:At least the game works for some people. I have downloaded it into the TTWin95 folder (which is empty of games and scenarios) but in Patch 2.5 Beta 8 it isn't there! :cry:
Make sure to trim the filename, it should only be TRPXX.sv0, where XX = any number between 00 and 99. The Irish did it that way, to stop people accidentally overwriting their own scenarios. So, in the case of that one, TRP01.sv0 will do the trick, but if you've already got a TRP01 in your directory, try TRP02.sv0 or something different.
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
ImageImage
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

Raichase wrote: Make sure to trim the filename, it should only be TRPXX.sv0, where XX = any number between 00 and 99. The Irish did it that way, to stop people accidentally overwriting their own scenarios. So, in the case of that one, TRP01.sv0 will do the trick, but if you've already got a TRP01 in your directory, try TRP02.sv0 or something different.
Well, that wasn't exactly my intention, but yeah, let's agree with that. :wink:

I actually did it more for myself then in order to know what it is all about.

I thought that people would know to trim the filename back to TRPXX, but obviously this is not the case. I will mention it above.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Ah of course, forgot about that. I feel stupid now :oops:. Thanks for your time.
Metropolitan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Metropolitan »

Okay. People have asked me if I could post my savegame on this forum and have told me that this thread was the dedicated place for this.

So here is Dufayel. It is an imaginary city which would be located in the Alps on a river representing the border between France and Italy.

The passengers network is organized in 5 lines which would work in a similar way as a metro. They work underground in the center and overground in suburbs. They offer multiple connections between themselves. 2 rail shuttles are also offering connections to central airports. There's a total of 113 trains with 5 passenger-cars each serving this network.

As for the goods network, it is undoubtedly the busiest one. It is organized around a circle line built all around the big city which is connected with entrances and exits to the various industries. A central merchandise station is receiving all final goods, including gold for the bank (we are on the mountain climate). There's a total of 127 trains of 9 cars running on it.

Unfortunately, my goods network is not finished. Indeed, I have reached the limit of 240 maximum trains.

CAUTION ! I've used the "real planeset" on this file. As such, it's possible that planes appear as weird when you open the game. This being said, there's only 15 planes so it's rather easy to delete them all and replace with traditionnal TTD planes.
Attachments
TRP78.SV1
The savegame in itself !
(648.04 KiB) Downloaded 765 times
Dufayel_1980.jpg
A screenshot of the whole network as it appears in the game
(2.55 MiB) Downloaded 581 times
dufayel.jpg
A map of the passenger network in the style of the Paris Metro map
(118.38 KiB) Downloaded 507 times
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

Metropolitan wrote:Unfortunately, my goods network is not finished. Indeed, I have reached the limit of 240 maximum trains.
There is no longer a 240 trainlimit :

Nice layout btw. :D

OOPS you have a morevehicles setting of 40. :shock:
Loading your game made it loose 52 trains. :cry: because my setting is only at 19.

No it didn't. You only have 188 trains in this save. :?
Wie zich gelukkig voelt met het geluk van anderen, bezit een rijkdom zonder grenzen. (F.Daels)
Still the best OS around
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

Metropolitan wrote:Okay. People have asked me if I could post my savegame on this forum and have told me that this thread was the dedicated place for this.(...)
that map loooks awesome real, have you got map file ? Also I enjoyed much of the traffic schema, very real.
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
Jim Powers
President
President

Super Pics

Post by Jim Powers »

Mr. Metropolitan;

How did you get your 'Super Pic', Dufayel_1980.jpg? I have to 'stitch' 5 Giant
screenies to get this and yours is better. :roll:

Always,
Jim Powers
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

try setting your ressolution to a higher value.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
Samwise
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Super Pics

Post by Samwise »

Jim Powers wrote:Mr. Metropolitan;

How did you get your 'Super Pic', Dufayel_1980.jpg? I have to 'stitch' 5 Giant
screenies to get this and yours is better. :roll:

Always,
Jim Powers
Basically, I just zoom out maximum, and then press the giant screenshot button ;)
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

Metropolitan,

Very interesting game you have going there. Reminds me that I have to replay my Ile de France scenario sometime...

May I ask, which software did you use to create that network diagram?

It's very interesting and looks really professional. I've been looking for something that can create such things for a while now.

Thanks.
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

The Irish wrote:It's very interesting and looks really professional. I've been looking for something that can create such things for a while now.
I'll second that. It would sure beat my screenie-of-ttd-map-with-paint-on-it maps.
ImageImage
Metropolitan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Metropolitan »

The Irish wrote:May I ask, which software did you use to create that network diagram?
Well, I've used paintshop pro. I don't believe my technique is the best but I've just done it the way it came to me, with as purpose to make it look like the Paris metro map. So I don't advise you to do the same way as me, but I will still explain you fastly how I did.

With Paintshop Pro, you can easily edit images without adding any layer. So I started from the screenshot of the full network which I posted above. I resized its width of 50% and I rotated it of 45° on the right. As such, I had a nice map at scale from the top. Afterwards, I copied and pasted bits of the Paris metro map in respecting more or less the path of lines. Then I only had to add the names of stations. I don't say that this is fast, it took me a bit of time and this despite being accustomed to the system since I had already edited Paris metro maps before in using the same method. Hence, I wouldn't advise you to follow me on this.

Probably an easier way to have fastly a good diagram of your network would be to use Inkscape. With that program, it's very easy to have fastly something looking professional. You do have to resize the width of your screenshot and to rotate it, but afterwards, there's no crap of copy/paste. You simply open that image on Inkscape, then you use the pen tool to trace the lines, and once you're satisfied, you just have to erase the background image to get something clean.

It is saved as an .svg image, something similar to many images used on Wikipedia.
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Name: English ?
Climate: Temperate
GRF's Reqd.: UKRSI, TTRSv2.
Suggested: UKRS
Start Year: 1921
Terrain Type: Flat/Hilly
Difficulty: Easy

Map is here

Still couldn't think of a good name. ttdpatch.cfg and newgrf.cfg attached also.
Attachments
ttdpatch.cfg
(2.13 KiB) Downloaded 558 times
newgrfw.cfg
(859 Bytes) Downloaded 552 times
TRP03.SV0
Scenario File. Don't be a dropkick and overwrite a scenario you like with this one by mistake. Save as TRPxx.SV0 where XX= any number between 00 and 99 inclusive not included in your directory already.
(202.53 KiB) Downloaded 672 times
ImageImage

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”