[OTTD] Scenarios

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Sun Burner: Lumber mills need to be planted around 4th type of tree (just try to plant all types trees). However, the landscape seems to be blocky, just like made by raise land tool with a big brush scale.

Thor's Denmark: It is way too high! Also I think the scale is too high (more towns density would be better IMO)

DarkLoki: I'm with merging the newest version of the River map :)
yasinko
Engineer
Engineer

Post by yasinko »

Hello. I am contributing the long waited :) Cyprus Scenario in Subtropical Climate. It is not well proportioned since I couldn't find a good heightmap to implement the greyscale map generator. Hence, I know it is not for the contest, it must be fixed through to be a default scenario for the upcoming OpenTTD release. But hey, it is a good scenario indeed. :) I am providing both a plain Cyprus lanscape and a-UN-buffer-zoned (divided) scenario since I know my work doesn't fit in well the realworld, so this may be an excuse. I have used transmitters for the buffer zone, I saw it in a TTDX game (maybe Macca). It is quite a challenge indeed when resources lay in some ground, but the factories are behind the fences... (Yes AI cannot think of tunnels) I had come up with a Korea scenario in Railroad Tycoon II, saying what would be if Koreas remain together, so my motive is alike indeed. If not, try CyprusSubTropicDIV.scn. I dont happen to drive a political debate. It's just a game at last :)

Critiques are welcome (I can sense they will be harsh, that's alright!)
Attachments
industry, vegetation and general look
industry, vegetation and general look
cyprus.PNG (157.35 KiB) Viewed 1593 times
CyprusSubTropicDIV.scn
Start date 1940. Version 0,4,0,1. Same with the plain scenario except the island is divided.
(36.52 KiB) Downloaded 326 times
CyprusSubTropic.scn
Start date 1940. Version 0.4.0.1
(35.7 KiB) Downloaded 396 times
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Yasinko, I like the map. However, I think the map may be twice as small... There is a lot of empty space southeast. Also... you messed with climate cheat, right? I'd ask developers about this. Nice map btw :)

0beron (Archipelogo map): I think some more cactoo scattered on the desert would be better

I'm making the scenario listing at the Wiki.
It's not yet finished, I'll work on it tommorow. But I'd be glad if someone puts his name, climate and proper status. Thank you :)
Also, this will be main scenario developement page with all the news you need to know
yasinko
Engineer
Engineer

Post by yasinko »

MeusH wrote:Yasinko, I like the map. However, I think the map may be twice as small... There is a lot of empty space southeast. Also... you messed with climate cheat, right? I'd ask developers about this. Nice map btw :)
Thank you. Yes I used the climate cheat by opening the game, changing the climate and saving the game and renaming the sav file to a scn file... There had to be an empty space in the SE as well as in the north since I "intended to portrait a real-world scenario". Terrain may not be very realistic but as I said, I draw it on bare hands :) Thanks for your comments MeusH.
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Wow, no heightmap? Nice job :)

Kemkim's Finland: The map is detailed, but I think the northern part of it is too empty. I know, it freezes there, but at least some industries and towns would be better
DarkLoki
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DarkLoki »

This is the newest version of my river scenario. It is called river curve and is the one to be included into openttd. Have fun :wink:
Attachments
River Curve.scn
(26.94 KiB) Downloaded 298 times
DarkLoki
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DarkLoki »

I looked in the wiki adn there are not a lot of tropical maps so i have started on one. I was inspired by the nile river in egypt. I have completed most of the terrain and i think it looks pretty cool now :)
Attachments
my egypt scenario
my egypt scenario
egypt.PNG (156.47 KiB) Viewed 1313 times
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Every next scenario author, Yasinko, LordOfThePigs: if you want your maps in OpenTTD, post it.

DarkLoki: River Curve is a really nice map and it's marked finished on the wiki. The delta on the image... I can see rectangular shapes there, especially desert. But I know, this is just a beginning :) Keep up!

Africa map:
There is a small town Kang without a road in the town's 0,0 point (central tile). Also... the Seychelles look like a dog's paw :) But these are really minor things, and that's your choice what to do on the map. Finished?
This is wonderful map!

All scenario developers, please look at Scenarios @ OTTD Wiki frequently. Information to you is there
DarkLoki
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DarkLoki »

It was indeed just a beginning, i have worked some more on the map and the terrain looks pretty good now i think.
Attachments
Note the piramides :P
Note the piramides :P
egypt2.PNG (112.71 KiB) Viewed 1201 times
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

MeusH wrote:Africa map:
There is a small town Kang without a road in the town's 0,0 point (central tile). Also... the Seychelles look like a dog's paw :) But these are really minor things, and that's your choice what to do on the map. Finished?
This is wonderful map!
Thanks. The Seychelles are massively out of scale. Really they should not even have one raised tile, let alone islands. Ditto for St Helena et al... but they're there now.

Ah... Kang. d'oh! As the alien in the Simpsons, he doesnt know how to build towns. If I remembe correctly Kang has <30 population in the Kalahari desert. If it doesnt grow, its probably realistic ;)

IMO Finished :) Please raise to v1.0 and merge :)
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Want to organise your trains? Try Routemarkers.
--- ==== --- === --- === ---
Firework Photography
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

MeusH wrote:All scenario developers, please look at Scenarios @ OTTD Wiki frequently. Information to you is there
My Delta scenario should be listed as Temperate. Thanks.
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Want to organise your trains? Try Routemarkers.
--- ==== --- === --- === ---
Firework Photography
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

also mine scenario is finished, please list it under arctic climate, if may be needed a screenshot with the default terrain graphics i will try to recover an original grf file
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Allright updated.
But please remember
If your's scenario's name/climate/author is wrong
Feel free to fix that, that's what's Wiki for. I'm sorry for the problem.
RMJ
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by RMJ »

Cant wait to try youre map Thor ;) gonna be cool..

But maybe its just me, but you all might wanna slow alittle down on youre realism thingy. First of all TT will never be close to real. Because the game wasnt build op that way. The goal in the game is still to earn as much money as possible. Not to make it hard to survive and earn money. And if that is taken away it just wont be Transport Tycoon. Also i dont like that idea of roads connecting all the cities it looks really ugly and think now. I dont know about you, but i start my game in the 1930-1940 and at the timeline cities was not connected with road so please dont do that. Because then you could start the same discussen about airports and trains?

But all in all lots of good maps.
yasinko
Engineer
Engineer

Post by yasinko »

MeusH wrote:Every next scenario author, Yasinko, LordOfThePigs: if you want your maps in OpenTTD, post it.
I would be delighted! Should I add it to Wiki or request it from you? Because I looked an ey on the history of that wiki page of scenarios and didn't see any other authors so I thought it would be rude to change since not being the decision-maker. Another question: should I make changes, fixes to my scenario?

RMJ wrote: But maybe its just me, but you all might wanna slow alittle down on youre realism thingy. First of all TT will never be close to real. Because the game wasnt build op that way. The goal in the game is still to earn as much money as possible. Not to make it hard to survive and earn money.
Well, I love the realism "thingy" as much as I love fictitious scenarios. The reason for real maps is that you can imagine real connections and grasps while playing with real terrain. I once played the huge Europe map (no industries) posted here some months ago, and I remember the joy when I connected Madrid to Minsk and London to Paris. I imagined local people had joy and cheer and applausing my company! And when I try to build a haptbahnhauf in Brussels and the local authority didn't allow, I tend to think "the heavy burocracy of the EU didn't approve my rail network concerning financial issues and due to the hostile environmental practices of my company didn't meet the regulations of the Comission depicted in treaty number 98-ISO-6456545" etc... :D

Yes, TT will not be realistic but it can be near real, that's the beauty of a game (imho). And if the game's goal is to gain as much as money, it can be challenging to play a hard scenario. And it can be either a real-map or a fantasy map. Thus, the aim is not only the money as you may already know: there are certain requirements as to connect a number of cities, carry some different number of freight types, minimum account etc to get a 1000 points (to be a tycoon). You may have long digit numbers but if a bus makes less than $20,000 a month, your rating declines!

I love this game

:!:
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Yasinko, I'll talk to devs about that forest. Your scenario is marked as "WIP" - I think other people would like to say more about it
Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Killer 11 »

i think there's nothing wrong with the forest becouse:
1) it produces wood
2) map has a sawmill tha accepts wood and produces goods
DarkLoki
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DarkLoki »

I added some industries and cities to the egypt map. I'm not yet reallys ure if the placement of them is good. I renamed the cities to some names i found with google earth :wink: . Hope you like this one
Attachments
egypt2.scn
(23.17 KiB) Downloaded 341 times
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Looks better :) Pity it's that small, I see much potential in you and your maps
DarkLoki
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DarkLoki »

Thank you! :D

Yes i know its small but if i would make the map bigger the desert would be very big. I think i will start on a bigger map soon but making a scenario takes up a lot of time.

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”