[OTTD] Scenarios

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Graphite
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Graphite »

There have been toyland scenarios? :shock:
A computer scientist is someone who, when told to "Go to Hell," sees the "go to," rather than the destination, as harmful.
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Darkvater wrote: I hope MeusH made some tough choices because it is soon time for a release. We can up the number to 16 maps :) 5 of temperate/arctic/tropical and 1 toyland?
Mmm... how soon? :D
HighSpeedCoalTrain
Engineer
Engineer

Post by HighSpeedCoalTrain »

@MeusH: Would be nice if the remaining scenarios are bundled to some sort of expansion pack.
Keeps the main download small and one doesn't need to download the remaining files one-by-one.
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

The scenarios have been selected.
If there is no scenario on the list, I'm sorry. It was really hard choice. I had a lot of fun with all your maps. :(
Scenario list

HighSpeedCoalTrain: I think your idea is good. The scenario download page may contain single scenarios and one big package with scenarios, thanks for the tip.
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

I've added the 13 maps in the list but have comments about Dale of Scandy and Superbritania, both by George. Why do the towns all have names like 1-7, 2-7 etc? Or is this intentionl?
It doesn't look very helpful though. Is there a chance of getting it fixed?

All others: great job :D
And next time MeusH please post a link to the scenarios I had to wade through the whole thread several times to find them all.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Yeah DarkVater I'm sorry but my internet connection was fixed recently, so I couldn't be on the forum when making a list.
Anyway, I'm glad you've found them.

Also, here is why my idea comes back: Random town names.
Check town name is "#R" => generate random name would be very helpful.

I think George called cities like that because he didn't want Germans to have cities called Kobierzyn stary, and he didn't want Russians to have cities like Briefborough springs.
DarkLoki
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DarkLoki »

It's to bad my scenario did not get included in the release but i must say the scenario's that are included really deserve it. Also i really like the idea of some sort of scenario download page on the main website of openttd. That would much better then having to read 23 pages in this thread.
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

MeusH wrote:I think George called cities like that because he didn't want Germans to have cities called Kobierzyn stary, and he didn't want Russians to have cities like Briefborough springs.
I donnu. I tested it and when you play a scenario thorugh 'new game' it takes the town-language the scenario was made with irrelevant of what you have in your settings. So if the scenario had english-random names they would be english always.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

DarkLoki wrote:It's to bad my scenario did not get included in the release but i must say the scenario's that are included really deserve it. Also i really like the idea of some sort of scenario download page on the main website of openttd. That would much better then having to read 23 pages in this thread.
That's sad, I really liked your scenario. It was also small, and high quality. Too bad there could be no more scenarios.
DarkLoki
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DarkLoki »

MeusH wrote:I really liked your scenario. It was also small, and high quality.
Thank you :)

I have started on a bigger scenario of 512x512 if have roughly made the terrain of the first island and it is starting to look pretty good. I hope i will make this map of the same quality as my river scenario but on a bigger scale.
Attachments
The map of the island
The map of the island
screenshot.png (16.96 KiB) Viewed 1735 times
sidew
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sidew »

MeusH wrote:The scenarios have been selected.
If there is no scenario on the list, I'm sorry. It was really hard choice. I had a lot of fun with all your maps. :(
Scenario list
Speaking about the your list, can you add the external links on downloadable scenarios?
Sidewinder

Italian Town names patch for OTTD (R5266) now in trunk since 0.4.8
For typo, errors or bug on OTTD italian translation, please PM me.
unofficial italian TTD/OpenTTD forum: http://wolf01.game-host.org/forum/index.php
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

@DarkLoki: Have you tried the heightmaps? It would be much easier to make scenarios with it IMO. Anyway, I see this map can be really nice in the future.

@sidew: The download links will be made soon, when OpenTTD webpage gets updated with the scenarios.
Bot_40
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Bot_40 »

Thank you very much for including my scenario, it's nice to give something back to the project :lol:
DarkLoki
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DarkLoki »

@meush i will try that in the future :wink:

An update on my map:

The idea is that all the industries are on the mainland and a large number of resources are on the island. That will be interesting in multiplayer i hope :)
Attachments
my map
my map
screenshot #1.png (18.09 KiB) Viewed 1619 times
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Interesting. Have you tried making map with heightmap file?
DarkLoki
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DarkLoki »

Lol i have been stupid enough tot forget to save my map :? . I quess this is a good time to try heightmaps i will look up how to make them.
Maxensen
Engineer
Engineer

Mexico 512x256

Post by Maxensen »

have fun!
Attachments
mexico.scn
Scenario
(95.28 KiB) Downloaded 585 times
Screenshot
Screenshot
mexico.jpg (34.72 KiB) Viewed 9238 times
Zimri
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Zimri »

Cheers for including the scernario.

F.A.O Meush - the larger version is coming along nicely, taking me an age to get it looking along the same lines as the small map.

Should have some work in progress screens soonish.
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

It would be great if you make a bigger version of it :)
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

Hi all,

Havent played OTTD in a looong while, so i havent been as up-to-date with happenings here.

Does anyone know if there is a map of Germany here? Preferably one which is realistic and large.

Cheers
James
(British) Modular Stations Set - Thread: | Website:
Swiss Set - Thread: | Website:
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”