[OTTD] Scenarios

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Gondrong
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gondrong »

I have try that with 1024x1024 map but the pic file is soo huge. Do you mean that I must make the map max 512x512 size? what will the fill size be?
Sleepie
Director
Director

Post by Sleepie »

Gondrong wrote:I have try that with 1024x1024 map but the pic file is soo huge.
Yep, you will get very huge files, but as I said it failed in the end, meaning the created file was not a valid png file.
Do you mean that I must make the map max 512x512 size? what will the fill size be?
No, just choose the map size you want to or you prefer. The only disadvantage is that the giant screenshot feature won't work properly. But you could workaround this like I has described in my previous post, even it is somewhat inconvenient ;)

If you will have no luck with it, just pm me your map and I'll make an overview shot for you. But be patient as it would take a while during time constraints ;)
Denke nie gedacht zu haben, denn das Denken der Gedanken ist gedankenloses Denken.
Wiki Page/Talk, Member of the OpenTTD Scenarios Team
Looking for OpenTTD scenarios? - Here's a List of player-made scenarios. Please help us grow the database with your contributions.
Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Killer 11 »

Ok then my map Sand Planet.
Action takes place in a world that has seen catastrophical global warming people have lost their technology and the population was severely reduced as well in search of new hope they have divided into 2 groups one building their capital New Hope on the shore of a great lake while others decided to fight the sands and build their capital Sand City in the middle of the dessert. These two countries use different railway gauges so you are required to swich to trains runing on different gauge when you hit the border.

This scenario needs TTRS V3 to run. Dowload it here
Attachments
Sand planet.scn
(228.5 KiB) Downloaded 480 times
map.PNG
(641.27 KiB) Downloaded 751 times
CARST
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by CARST »

@Sleepie & Gondrong:

You can use the "giant screenshot" feature!

It will take a while and create a very big png-file; much too big for windows picture preview.

For my 2048x2048 map it had a size of 300MB. I opened it in PhotoShop, took me about 3minutes to fully open it.

Then i changed the size to 1024x768pixels and saved it (took again about 2 minutes); size now 75KB.

It doesn't look "that good", but it is a fast method getting a screenshot of a huge map (greater than 512x512) without too much work.

CARST
Playing TT & TTD since 1995 - Will satisfy the Megalomaniac in everyone!

Click here to see all my maps!
Highlights:
CarstsEuropeScenario based on SRTM-Data (Redo planned)
CarstsWorldScenario based on satellite heightmap
CarstsGermanyScenario coming soon...
CarstsBerlinBburgScenario planned...
Sleepie
Director
Director

Post by Sleepie »

Well then you had more luck with it than I. The last time I tried it, it created a 700MB corrupt png file that I couldn't open with any tool I have tried. May I ask what hardware you have?
Denke nie gedacht zu haben, denn das Denken der Gedanken ist gedankenloses Denken.
Looking for OpenTTD scenarios? - Here's a List of player-made scenarios. Please help us grow the database with your contributions.
CARST
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by CARST »

Intel X6800 2,9Ghz
4GB DDR2-800
2x Asus EN8800GTX

Perhaps it worked for me because the 4 gigs of Ram...
Playing TT & TTD since 1995 - Will satisfy the Megalomaniac in everyone!

Click here to see all my maps!
Highlights:
CarstsEuropeScenario based on SRTM-Data (Redo planned)
CarstsWorldScenario based on satellite heightmap
CarstsGermanyScenario coming soon...
CarstsBerlinBburgScenario planned...
Sleepie
Director
Director

Post by Sleepie »

That's probably the reason, indeed quite a high end machine ;) Well I'm using a notebook (Core Duo 1,8 GHz, 1,5GB RAM)
Jupix
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Jupix »

CARST wrote:Intel X6800 2,9Ghz
4GB DDR2-800
2x Asus EN8800GTX
Jesus, what are you rendering, galaxy explosions? :P
#################
Sleepie
Director
Director

Post by Sleepie »

Today I spend some time to update the scenario database with the latest contributions from members who gave permission to add their maps to the wiki.

Latest additions:
- Get Your Ships! by ZxBioHarzardZx
- United Kingdom by JonScaife
- Alexander to Karthoum by thebrightside

So the wiki should be up to date again.

If someone is missing his/her map on the wiki, just let me know ;)
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

hehe thx for uploading sleepie, i will send a newer (better) version here when im done, i made starting up a little easier with a coal mine+powerplant in the water-town, added some 1k population towns in the marshlands and made a small passage trough the mountains, although you cannot see it with your eyes:P

(maybe i will remove that to make it harder again, just testing it for myself now...)
Sleepie
Director
Director

Post by Sleepie »

Nice, looking forward to the update. There many interestings new maps recently. I wished I had more time to play at least some of them, but actually I haven't. I haven't even played my current game for about two month now. Mainly because of the sunny weather outside which caused me to do A LOT of garden work :P
Lordmwa
President
President

Post by Lordmwa »

Has Jon Scaife updated the map with reduced populations yet?
Sleepie
Director
Director

Post by Sleepie »

I don't think so, because he has not edited his post or posted an update in a new post so far.
Gondrong
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Central Europe & Balkans

Post by Gondrong »

H wrote:An easy temperate 512x512 map (towns too large at start).

I should have made it from heightmaps, given some clever adjustment of brightnesses.
I wanted all level terrain to be at 1 height .. so on.. Though I started making this one last year. Only finished it a month ago. Was a pain in the arse ..

Also, I think it only runs in a nightly...
I try to play this scenario but it need some grf that I dont have. Where can I get the grf for this scenario?? where can I download teh latest nightly??
Sleepie
Director
Director

Post by Sleepie »

Some days ago I found some of my old disks and was surprised that they function as they were new. So I found some of my old scenarios that I have made ages ago with TTD sometimes in the late 90s.

So all of this maps should be playable with any version of OpenTTD and TTDPatch and even TTD if you like.

Hope you enjoy them :)

Here are the links to the scenario database with a bit more description and some picture for each:

- Climb up the Mountains
- (Don't) Hurt Your Eyes ;-)
- Lakes
Attachments
TRT10.SV0
Lakes - Temperate
(260.98 KiB) Downloaded 3627 times
TRT09.SV0
(Don't) Hurt Your Eyes ;-) - Toyland
(265.22 KiB) Downloaded 1552 times
TRT08.SV0
Climb up the Mountains - Sub-Arctic
(305.45 KiB) Downloaded 1876 times
bebeto94
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bebeto94 »

Ive had an extensive look around and can find close to what i want but does anyone know of a Devon scenario for OTTD or even Devon and Cornwall ? Cheers guys
thebrightside
Engineer
Engineer

Post by thebrightside »

Japan Map
2048x2048

Japan map from Hokkaido to Kyushu. Unfortunately parts of Hokkaido and Kyushu missing.

Towns included from population of 125.000
Populations on map @ 0.1% of 2006 real population.
Industy & Raw Materials Spread Realistic.
Oil Rigs at south edge of the map in the south to simulate oil import.
Difficulty:Medium

Multiple Versions:
-Temperate: Vanilla Version starts 1949.
-Ngrfx1920:Includes ]Japan Ngfx Set and starts 1920
-Ngrfx2006:Includes Japan Ngfx Set and starts 1920
-Also supporst various other Ngfx:
*By Blunck:Cargo Set, New Stations v.042.05.09.05
*Aviators Aircraft
*By Aegir:Modern Suburban Stations,Platforms,RuralStations,Suburban stations.
*Container freight station and harbour
*Industrial Stations set v.098 (28jul2005)
*HOVS UK Bus Set

About GRX:If any updates or better versions are recommended. Message or post a link so I'll update the Scenario to fit.
Japan Set:http://www.as-st.com/ttd/japan/index.html
Attachments
Japan Temperate.scn
(2.15 MiB) Downloaded 549 times
Japan JapGrfx2006.scn
(2.16 MiB) Downloaded 543 times
Japan JapGrfx1920.scn
(2.16 MiB) Downloaded 642 times
Dave

Post by Dave »

bebeto94 wrote:Ive had an extensive look around and can find close to what i want but does anyone know of a Devon scenario for OTTD or even Devon and Cornwall ? Cheers guys
Ummm... The original TTD Scenario "West Country 90201" is your best bet.

Devon/Cornwall is quite a specific area of the world so I can't imagine there would be too many takers.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
bebeto94
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bebeto94 »

Thanks Dave but the original westcountry one was pants but not to worry as ive found several good heightmaps of the uk and can make one of my own which im looking forward to . Thanks anyway
RainierWatcher
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by RainierWatcher »

I don't have much patience with regards to making scenarios, so I made a small one, 64*64. It's based around being a volcano which has exploded and since built on, with a new dome in the middle.

as it's quite small I have limited the loan to 100,000, and put it to maximum running costs and construction.

GRFs used:
av8 v1.2
Total town replacement set v3.02.

Enjoy! (as much as you can for 64*64)
Attachments
The Caldera.scn
(9.45 KiB) Downloaded 358 times

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”