[OTTD] Scenarios

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Killer 11 »

Ok since my last version of Lithuania "Lithuania V2 Final" was almost a year ago and only for TTDPatch i present you the same map but now updated with this stuff:
Added some missing towns.
Increased populations.
Added lots of industries.
Made rivers wider and added another missing river.
Added a big lake(Druksciu).
Converted to OpenTTD format.
Set starting date to 1930.

The next version of the map will be released in 512x512 format and will be more accurate. This map is more for fun than realistic.
PS No bugs will be fixed since this is a "Final"
Attachments
Lithuania.scn
The oldest version of my map for those who want to see the evoliution of the map
(59.16 KiB) Downloaded 300 times
Lithuania V3 Final.scn
"Lithuania V3 Final"
(110.81 KiB) Downloaded 479 times
Lithuania V3 Final.PNG
Lithuania V3 Final.PNG (104.85 KiB) Viewed 9150 times
Rexxie
Engineer
Engineer

Arctic Highlands

Post by Rexxie »

I made a new scenario with a boring title ;)

Played some games on the Arctic climate lately and I don't like most of the maps OTTD creates randomly, so I made one with a few clearer features.

This one is a 512x512 map.

One big river with cities founded next to it, several brances. One half of the map is more temperate than the other (as most arctic maps are). The town names may seem weird to some people, but they helped me remember what towns we were speaking about, because they are non-standard :p

There's also a town on an island which can't be connected with bridges unless you modify the terrain, I thought it looked nice ;)

Anywho...
Attachments
Arctic Highlands.scn
The scenario!
(301.63 KiB) Downloaded 386 times
Island that can't be connected with bridges (without modifications anyway ;) )
Island that can't be connected with bridges (without modifications anyway ;) )
screenshot #4.png (76.68 KiB) Viewed 1427 times
artichighlands-map.png
artichighlands-map.png (145.99 KiB) Viewed 1517 times
- Rexxie
Sanity is a full time job.
Gorre
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Gorre »

I like them both.
valenthior
Engineer
Engineer

Post by valenthior »

Hi,
dont' know if it has alread been posted:
visibleearth-relief
a loads of satelite relief pics from Nasa, perharps it could helps somes.
(source : visibleearth.nasa.gov)
But... but... Why are you stuck stupid train!
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Very nice maps, however:

-Lithuanian map doesn't contain lakes, which are plenty around Lithuanian/Polish/Russian borders
-Arctic scenario looks to much like just modified random arctic landscape
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

New Scenario... 1024x1024 Arctic

With due Homerage... I bring you Canyonero! (There is a Simpsons episode with a 4x4 SUV called a Canyonero... :wink: ).

This is the terrain from the USGS 3 second survey of the US - featuring the Grand Canyon. Bit of a nightmare to extract - lots of time fiddling with colour palettes.

Then simple import as PNG, add low density random towns (there is still a TON of them), and low density industry - but still plenty to build a good network.

Ive used my Random Trees patch, which now adds trees in distinct clumps. On the peaks, it adds about 15-20 trees in quite a clump. This map is after 5 clicks.

Hope you like it. Try it out with the US or Canadian sets.

Note: this works in r3240 or later. Just download a latest nightly and play away!
Attachments
Just a tiny tiny part
Just a tiny tiny part
Canyonero.png (87.44 KiB) Viewed 8882 times
Canyonero.scn
Grand Canyon scenario
(1.38 MiB) Downloaded 380 times
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Want to organise your trains? Try Routemarkers.
--- ==== --- === --- === ---
Firework Photography
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

I've just downloaded and played this scenario, it is huge and great :)
However, there are some things you should know:
There is lot of free space covered with nothing - maybye a tree somewhere: these places need more variations
The heightmapped river doesn't work well in tight curves - check it

Also, IMO starting date before 1950 would be much better since it is huge map

Good work, this has a lot potential and may be added to OTTD relases!
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

MeusH wrote:I've just downloaded and played this scenario, it is huge and great :)
However, there are some things you should know:
There is lot of free space covered with nothing - maybye a tree somewhere: these places need more variations
The heightmapped river doesn't work well in tight curves - check it

Also, IMO starting date before 1950 would be much better since it is huge map

Good work, this has a lot potential and may be added to OTTD relases!
The data was designed for mapping out at 2048x2048. At that detail the Colorado stays open a lot longer. I thought a 2048 was a bit too massive for a random game. Unfortunately when used on 1024, the river closes up in places.

Can you email/PM me with more details on where you would suggest fixes? I'll then get them done, and re-release.
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Firework Photography
nicfer
Director
Director

Post by nicfer »

Well, after a long wait another scenario.
I make a fun scenario. Why? Because it has got oilrig's in the ground (later I will explain how to do this) and other things that make the game hard. The main objective is make grow, grow and grow the central town more as you can. The most difficult thing is that the ships and the airplanes are forbiden, so you only have to use trains, trucks and buses, and the initial date is 1927. In the map there are instructions hidden for help for how to play the game. Use my openttd.cfg and don't change nothing in it or in the difficulty or in the patches window.
I will start today a server with this scenario (today is only a demo for one or two in-game years, when it ends I will save it and another day, probably tomorrow, I will continue the savegame. The server will be called Crazy Industries (and my player name is UnderBuilder, ex Unbuilder).
P.S.: For build the oilrig in the ground, build it over a large canal zone, and build there the oilrig, after this delete the sobrant canal sections.

EDIT: Map for 0.4.0.1
Attachments
openttd.cfg
Cfg (most important :P)
(3.64 KiB) Downloaded 246 times
ScreenShot
ScreenShot
screenshot.png (83.03 KiB) Viewed 1537 times
Crazy industries.scn
Scenario
(64.2 KiB) Downloaded 341 times
Sorry for my english I am argentinian
TTO don't crashes in Windows XP; XP crashes TTO

Formerly known as UnderBuilder.

MyMiniCity
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

The right time had came. Arise!

Some scenarios from here are going to be added to OpenTTD.

If you don't see your scenario here, this is because it had very low detail, it was flat or unreal, rectangular shapes are visible. If your scenario looks almost like a random generated land (like arctichighlands) it is not on the list. This doesn't mean your scenario will be never in OTTD. Just improve it :)

If you see your scenario here, please read my comments. If you want it to be in OTTD, post that you agree and fix bugs (if pointed in comments)
You can still add new scenarios and suggest me to take a closer look at some scenario, feel free to do it.

What do the signs mean?
[*][/b][/color] - Author has agreeded to use his scenario, but he is in progress creating/fixing it
[+] - Map is finished and ready to be merged

Fractual Islands
this is a very difficult scenario due to hills, which are certainly beautiful. (don't change the landscape :) ). However, it lacks trees and industries

[*][/b][/color]Canyonero
This one is a huge map. However, it needs some fixes. The river doesn't have a constant flow and it looks like a lot of wide lakes. Please make the river thicker. SE (right) and NW (left) valleys are just too flat. Make there some small details (1-2 heightlevels hills), trees and ocasionally lakes(?). Some more industries here-and-there would be good, too.

River Cityscape
This is also a huge map. However, it requires serious fixes. Too small amount industries, rectangular river and sometimes flatlands lack features (trees, 1 heightlevel hills).

[+]Super Britania
Excellent. Also I like George's townname implementation, because OTTD lacks random town names for loaded games (maybye I/someone will write it...)

[+]Daleofscandy
Great map!

Dinora Islands
Mmm... more water :) This is also a very good map. Trees make the islands interesting and one can't say this map is too flat and lacks detail

Lagos Swamp
Too flat and empty. I see these are swamps, but it lacks industries and towns

[+]Lithuania
Very good map with lots of features

Beartrap forest
Next nice map. However, western part of the map is almost totally empty. More industries and towns are welcome

Echo
Very good map. Some towns and much more industries are welcome

[+]Greener on the other side
Ahh, it's empty and flat. The mountains are a very good choice, altough this map lacks detail (small hills, trees), towns and industries.

[+]Great divide
Great idea! One of my favourite ideas for map. Unfortunatelly, it lacks industries and towns. The north-west city is certainly too large. There are many flat areas covered with trees. Some hills and more industries are welcome.

Delta
Good idea, but this map is too flat. Mountains are a good choice, but rest of map is flat and empty. I fancy seeing it in tropical climate :) Curved river, some more industries and much more hills to make the surface varied

[*][/b][/color]Oceanview
Very nice idea, also map is varied. However, 9 forests in one place or 3 iron ore mines next to eachother are a bad choice... If this was changed, everything would be fine

[+]Fjords
Very good :) I think Oil Rigs aren't needed there, they will pop up with the time.

[*][/b][/color]Island chain
Great map, especially for ships :) The only think that could be improved is that lot of space is unused (south-west part of the map)

Volcano island
It just lacks some industries. Besides that, it's a really well-done small map

[*][/b][/color]Great lakes 1945
Good and nice map. The only bad thing is because of heightmap used: Some places simply lack features. In the southmost (most lower) part of the map there are some 1-height level hills which add much more detail to the game. It would be really nice if more features like that were placed on the flatlands.

[*][/b][/color]BigRiver
Trees! I see trees!
Wow, that's a great map :) The only thing I can complain at is that there are two large areas without any industry (put some raw-material producting industries there, maybye)

Islands
Very nice idea for a small, tropical map. However, name should be changed to avoid confusion.

[+]Denmark
Very good map. Details, trees, industries and towns are present.

[+]Cliffhanger
Amazing! Purno, may we request more maps like that? :P

Chamonix
Nice idea. There are some things to improve: more trees and industries. Much more trees. Good job, I'd like to see it improved

[*][/b][/color]Archipelago
This is a very good beginning for a map. There are two things I'd change: Add some (three?) cities, add more industries (10?) and add trees on the desert (cactoo trees)

[*][/b][/color]North England
Game load failed

[*][/b][/color]Africa
Missed some islands on the oceans, eh?

[*][/b][/color]Ganges delta
Work on it :)

[*][/b][/color]Alpine
There are two issues I've found on this almost very good map:
Trees don't work properly - they come from temperate climate. Also... do Oilrigs appear in sub-arctic scenario?
Don't use additional grfs, like temperate tiles (which cause problems like above)
Also I think there are too many forests... But maybye that was your plan. Please post

To be checked:
Westeros - Stark's North (working .scn?)
River (.scn file by the chance?)
Last edited by MeusH on 19 Dec 2005 21:47, edited 18 times in total.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

MeusH wrote: North England (maybye non-country oriented name would be better?)
Can I ask why? I would much rather play a real country scenario than a fictuous one. The more people who make their own countries the better. Put them all in and then OTTD is catering for everyone scenario wise.
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

I'm almost sure developers won't have anything against the country-favouring scenarios. However, if one of the developers disagrees, the scenario will be rejected. This is why I say it should be discussed.

Edit: Unfortunatelly some authors are no longer active on the forum. Some have 1 or 3 posts... And I can't e-mail them. What to do then?
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Hmm. Okay, I'll work on those things.
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Great :) I'm waiting especially for the Great divide :)
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

MeusH wrote: Cliffhanger
Whoa, I'm very honoured my scenario is chosen to be in the next OpenTTD release. Thank you! :bow:

Anyways, so ehm... it doesn't need to be fixed? :D
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
IvanDK
Engineer
Engineer

Post by IvanDK »

MeusH wrote: Denmark
Yes, I am also very honoured my scenario is chosen to be in the next OpenTTD release. Thank you!
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

MeusH wrote:Great :) I'm waiting especially for the Great divide :)
I forgot about that one! :lol:

But with Great Divide, the East and West towns are supposed to be large, to provoke transport over the hills pre-592mph planes.
Last edited by Born Acorn on 16 Dec 2005 19:14, edited 1 time in total.
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

Thanks for the excellent work reviewing these MeusH. I'll try to sort out my ones.
MeusH wrote:Canyonero
This one is a huge map. However, it needs some fixes. The river doesn't have a constant flow and it looks like a lot of wide lakes. Please make the river thicker. SE (right) and NW (left) valleys are just too flat. Make there some small details (1-2 heightlevels hills), trees and ocasionally lakes(?). Some more industries here-and-there would be good, too.
No problem. This one has random town names, so I'm not wedded to the terrain either. ETA pre-New Year.
MeusH wrote:Great lakes 1945
Good and nice map. The only bad thing is because of heightmap used: Some places simply lack features. In the southmost (most lower) part of the map there are some 1-height level hills which add much more detail to the game. It would be really nice if more features like that were placed on the flatlands.
I released this more as a taster of the terrain map & random trees patch. If you would like to have this brought up to release level, I'd be happy to. Alternatively, its one that is suited to populating with real world place names. ETA Jan.
MeusH wrote:North England
Game load failed
Oops. Its an old TTDLX scenario, and it sounds like it didnt port across too well. Its also not quite complete. I was doing the terrain by hand, and lost the will somewhere in the North Yorkshire Dales. Very much an East/West side scenario, and I will add some non-realistic industries that require transport across the Pennines. ETA Jan.
MeusH wrote:Africa
This is a WIP, but if it is finished soon it may be in 0.4.5 :)
My top priority. Im into putting down industries at the moment. All towns in Africa and Middle East are in, small number of European locations need adding. ETA pre-Christmas. I'll do some more tonite, and release a further interim release.

Thanks for your input. Look forward to 0.4.5.
Firework Photography
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Here are the modifications
Attachments
scenarios.zip
(254.22 KiB) Downloaded 336 times
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Purno wrote:
MeusH wrote: Cliffhanger
Whoa, I'm very honoured my scenario is chosen to be in the next OpenTTD release. Thank you! :bow:

Anyways, so ehm... it doesn't need to be fixed? :D
I haven't spotted any bugs. I see trees, hills, water, towns and industries... Maybye someone else would say something more?
IvanDK wrote:
MeusH wrote: Denmark
Yes, I am also very honoured my scenario is chosen to be in the next OpenTTD release. Thank you!
We'll have England map, Lithuania map, let's have a Denmark map, too :) Besides I haven't seen any bugs in your map, it is correct for me
Born Acorn wrote:
MeusH wrote:Great :) I'm waiting especially for the Great divide :)
I forgot about that one! :lol:

But with Great Divide, the East and West towns are supposed to be large, to provoke transport over the hills pre-592mph planes.
I like you've added more industries. Current version has certainly much more trees :shock: But it's ok. For the towns, if large town was that what you meant, it also ok. I just really like this map :)

richk67: (too much to quote :D) Your scenarios will be merged when you finish them, so if you finish something in January, it will be merged in January.

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”