[OTTD] Scenarios

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Yes, download the TGP branch, it supports loading of heightmaps.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

There will be, very soon, in the TGP patch, which is for now a branch.
Tomas 91
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Tomas 91 »

Great! It works! Thaky you two guys very very much!
Sorry for my bad enghlish

suit
Engineer
Engineer

Post by suit »

i did it again, new scenario called "overlord"

512x512 - few industries, few towns again

http://www.rebell.at/downloads/openttd/ ... erlord.png (preview image, 102 kb)

http://www.rebell.at/downloads/openttd/ ... erlord.scn (scenario file, 124 kb)
Tomas 91
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Tomas 91 »

I am creating one scenario with TGP, but it works only on MiniIN 5722, and TGP 5818, not on normal OTTD. Is there any way, how to make it working?
Sorry for my bad enghlish

doktorhonig
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by doktorhonig »

I've made a Scenario from the area where I live. The center of the map is about 47°48' North / 16°28' East.

It is only 256x256, but it's geographically quite ok (but not accurate at all, it's my first scenario, and i had no elevation data). Industry is rather fictional, since there is not much industry in real life.

Resized Huge Screenshot

Scenario

I made this in MiniIN r6028, and it doesn't work in older versions. But thanks for the Heightmap-Import! :D
Luxor
Engineer
Engineer

First Attempt on Lakes in Chile

Post by Luxor »

I have try to recreate the Lakes in South of Chile. Not as good as i really want, but let's call it version 0.0000001 :)

This region is full of lakes and also have one big island (Chiloe) where the mitology really exists. I have made this using a sub-artic type, but, no oil, no diamonds, there are coal, lots of wood (this zone have 2 big paper mills) and food. The zone is mountanious but this doesn't reflect at all. The capital is Puerto Montt, and also other cities of importance are Valdivia, Osorno and Castro (don't have nothing to do with fidel). Also appears in the map an argentinian city Bariloche. I hope to get more deep into the heighmaps and then come up with a better map of this region, cause this is challenging even in the real life about connecting the island that generate a big issue on the goverment here :). Well, here is a screenshot, the pic of the heightmap used (in the hope for someone to make it better) and the scenario.

This scenario work in the r5818-TGP version, perhaps in the MiniIn but doesn't work in the 0.4.8. Also gonna try to serve a game with this scenario with the name "Region de los Lagos" but don't know if the 5818 works well at multiplay.

Cheers
Attachments
Region de los Lagos.scn
The scenario...
(791.26 KiB) Downloaded 475 times
Llanquihue.png
The snapshot of the map...
(79.52 KiB) Downloaded 788 times
Llanquihue15.PNG
The "heightmap" pic...
(342.17 KiB) Downloaded 697 times
doktorhonig
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by doktorhonig »

I made a scenario of the metropolitan area of Vienna. The cities on the map really were cities some 100 years ago, but nowadays they are districts of Vienna. So they are intended to grow together.

Picture
Download

Thanks for the great GIS-Tutorial.

EDIT: OOps.. i just tried to play it, but i can't lay any Rail Tracks.. Any idea which weird setting this may be (latest mini IN). :oops:

EDIT2: Fixed it, the starting date was too early. It's 1930 now. Added some signs and trees, but I think it's quite good now. And since it's actually a metropolitan area, ttd's town growth makes a realistic city later on. :lol:
Kiedryn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Kiedryn »

Scenario with borders and roads...

Edit: OTTD-win32-MiniIN-r6134 Build
Attachments
internacional.scn
(262.89 KiB) Downloaded 544 times
Last edited by Kiedryn on 31 Aug 2006 13:51, edited 1 time in total.
Scia
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Scia »

Kiedryn wrote:Scenario with borders and roads...
Hello Kiedryn,

I cannot open your scenario :(
What version of OpenTTD were you using to create this scenario?

Scia
Kiedryn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Kiedryn »

Scia wrote: Hello Kiedryn,

I cannot open your scenario :(
What version of OpenTTD were you using to create this scenario?

Scia
Hello
It was build in OTTD-win32-MiniIN-r6134
thistle
Engineer
Engineer

Post by thistle »

I've made a map but don't know how to add industries and towns to it without spoiling it! I made it in OpenTTD 0.48.

I've posted it here in case someone wants to finish it off.
Attachments
lady.scn
My Scenario
(17.77 KiB) Downloaded 307 times
Screenshot of scenario
Screenshot of scenario
ttdx.gif (55.93 KiB) Viewed 10412 times
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

thistle wrote:I've made a map but don't know how to add industries and towns to it without spoiling it! I made it in OpenTTD 0.48.

I've posted it here in case someone wants to finish it off.
How about heightmap real photo cutie? I can cleary see she comes from raise/level/lower land tool or you heightmapped her in something like MS Paint
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

It's good you've made her nipples indestructible. :lol:
Svenn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Svenn »

Here is my 512*512 arctic scenario ! A central valley with lot of towns and industries, peripheral moutains with lot of ressources, and hills everywhere. Have fun !
Attachments
Alpine valley.scn
(442.55 KiB) Downloaded 532 times
Alpinevalley.png
Alpinevalley.png (467.5 KiB) Viewed 10349 times
thistle
Engineer
Engineer

Post by thistle »

MeusH wrote:How about heightmap real photo cutie? I can cleary see she comes from raise/level/lower land tool or you heightmapped her in something like MS Paint
It's the first scenario I've ever made and I've no idea what tools are out there. Google doesn't show much - is there a decent site listing the programs available?
gkirilov
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by gkirilov »

Read one topic below.
OTTDCoop NewGRF Pack|Different sets of GRFs for TTDPatch (some of them work in OTTD) - 1|- 2|GRF sets for OTTD|OTTD nightly
I hooked up my accelerator to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you. Spoilers and bodykits are how much of the wall you take with you. Rollcages and windownets are how much of a mess you leave on the wall.
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Svenn wrote:Here is my 512*512 arctic scenario ! A central valley with lot of towns and industries, peripheral moutains with lot of ressources, and hills everywhere. Have fun !
I like the screenshot, I'll give it a try
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

I'm already playing it. :D I've started an oil/gold transportation network around the Bern and Brugg area. It plays really well, and is challenging too, given the uniformly rough landscape.

EDIT: More screenshots of the scenario can be found here: http://tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=48 ... ht=#487792
Svenn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Svenn »

Thanks for all the screenshots, I'm really pleased you enjoyed this scenario ! :wink:

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”