[OTTD] Scenarios

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Doggy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Doggy »

Hi all... I made a scenario tell me if you like it...
Attachments
snow2.scn
(228.76 KiB) Downloaded 483 times
batman19
Engineer
Engineer

Post by batman19 »

US Scenario?
Did anyone have one? If yea can u link me?
If no, can someone make one?
AIM leung19
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

I've made a little desert scenario
Attachments
Copperhead desert.scn
The scenario
(41.27 KiB) Downloaded 472 times
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Maxensen
Engineer
Engineer

3 Scenarios

Post by Maxensen »

3 "real world" Scenarios i made some time ago ... especially the europe map is not finished yet. But as i dont have time to finish them i thought: why not post them :)
Attachments
taiwan2.scn
Taiwan
(36.21 KiB) Downloaded 545 times
korea5.scn
South Korea
(88.49 KiB) Downloaded 580 times
eur5.scn
Europe
(261.29 KiB) Downloaded 889 times
lc0r
Engineer
Engineer

Scenarios

Post by lc0r »

I've made a scenario of france (but a little flat) with realistic placement of towns & industries.

Enjoy

--
-lc
Attachments
France.zip
Scenario
(230.26 KiB) Downloaded 779 times
Screenshot
Screenshot
screenshot.png (39.91 KiB) Viewed 2090 times
railer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by railer »

for fans of mars scenarios there's a new mars heightmap at google
now it's only one thing left: making the mars grf work :evil: :P
RRuffneck
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RRuffneck »

Is this the only place to download Scenarios
(the official ones, as mentioned on http://wiki.openttd.com/index.php/Scenarios)
??
odd-sock
Engineer
Engineer

France Scenario

Post by odd-sock »

Hey lc, nice work on the France Scenario, downloaded and played it last night. You're right it is a little flat, and perhaps lacks a little detail, but still I like it a lot. Cheers, Pat
Thalass
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Thalass »

Silly question, perhaps. But does anyone know where to find the origonal TTDx scenarios? "Snowy Mountains" to be specific. I recently got the urge to re-play the first map I ever finished, but it wasn't in the list! I've done a bit of searching, even going as far as re-downloading an old TTDx demo (turns out it was an older, much simpler version than the one I first played before getting the whole game) but to no avail.

Does anyone have it stashed away somewhere? I was sure it was included in earlier versions of OTTD, but I've long since removed those old copies in favour of the shiny new versions. :P
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Thalass wrote:Silly question, perhaps. But does anyone know where to find the origonal TTDx scenarios?
In your TTD install, or failing that, or your TTD CD.
They're the *.ss0 and *.ss1 files.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Thalass
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Thalass »

Ah thanks! Holy crap it's a small map! haha. *plays*
GsusZ
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Scenarios

Post by GsusZ »

lc0r wrote:I've made a scenario of france (but a little flat) with realistic placement of towns & industries.

Enjoy

--
-lc
I like it, it's perhaps a bit flat but that makes it easy to create long train networks (got almost 500 running now, and I have only 2/3rd of the industries connected)

I'm inspired to make a scenario myself one of these days :D

[btw] there is a serious lack of scenarios of real areas. I liked the Africa scenario but when I had 250 boats it became uplayable because of the 100% cpu load (yes, disabled the ?new? pathfinding) [/btw]
R-T-C Tim
Engineer
Engineer

Post by R-T-C Tim »

Just a quick question. I notice all the pre-installed scenarios, and most of the ones listed here, have no roads linking the constructed towns.

Is this a fashion thing? Personally, I always construct a full road network between the towns and cities on the map before starting the game - although I do it 'on the cheap' (ie. few tunnels, cheap bridges and long winding routes) to give the impression of an old network that is not ideal.

Just wondering.
RRuffneck
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RRuffneck »

R-T-C Tim wrote:I notice all the pre-installed scenarios, and most of the ones listed here, have no roads linking the constructed towns.
Is this a fashion thing?
As you already say: the installed scenarios don't have it either. Neither does the original version.
/Correct me if i'm wrong
R-T-C Tim
Engineer
Engineer

Post by R-T-C Tim »

Well, this is the latest scenerio I am playing on. Only just discovered Open-TTD after years of playing on TTDLX:

The map has a pre-built road network that connects all the major cities, but in a pretty inefficient way (built as though on the cheap).

I've also included my usual features (no idea what you guys normally have) - all raw materials clustered in certain areas, secondardy production facilities near to cities (based on city size) and plenty of hills and lakes to make construction challenging.
Attachments
Map_1.jpg
Map_Ajax-1
(151.07 KiB) Downloaded 571 times
beeb375
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by beeb375 »

Do TTDX scenarios work fine, because if they do, I present to you my UK map, second most popular download on Owen's repository :D [/boast]
Attachments
gbv2.zip
(46.8 KiB) Downloaded 380 times
“Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The ‘x’ makes it sound cool.”
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

RRuffneck wrote:
R-T-C Tim wrote:I notice all the pre-installed scenarios, and most of the ones listed here, have no roads linking the constructed towns.
Is this a fashion thing?
As you already say: the installed scenarios don't have it either. Neither does the original version.
/Correct me if i'm wrong
No, West Country 90201 has a very extensive road network.
odd-sock
Engineer
Engineer

Build a lock in scenario editor?

Post by odd-sock »

Hey all,

Is it possible to build a lock inside the scenario editor? I can create canals, but I can't find an option to create locks, which is a bit annoying.

Cheers

Patrick
Brianetta
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Brianetta »

No, and you're correct - it is annoying.
PGP fingerprint: E66A 9D58 AA10 E967 41A6 474E E41D 10AE 082C F3ED
odd-sock
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Build a lock in scenario editor?

Post by odd-sock »

Brianetta wrote:No, and you're correct - it is annoying.
I'm trying to create a scenario with a town that sits astride a river, with two canals branching off in opposite directions. The idea is to provide the player an opportunity to build a passenger transport network using ferries inside the city. But locks are very expensive to build, especially at the start of the game, so unless they are already in the scenario, I can't imagine the player will build them.

Is there any way to hack this? It would be nice for the scenario editor to support this, but is there any short term solution, such as editing the save file directly?

Cheers

Patrick

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”