[OTTD] Scenarios

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Jupix
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Jupix »

I just read through the discussion you've linked. If you want, I'll join the team to help maintain the wiki.
Of course we do! :)

Here's some info on the team.

Anyway, I seem to be spamming this thread... Perhaps there should be a separate thread for this discussion.
#################
T-Unit
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by T-Unit »

I agree. I will start a new thread and add your first post.

EDIT: Here it is: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=554496#554496
Jupix
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Jupix »

I thought moderators could split the last 10 posts or so to a new thread but I guess this is all right as well.
#################
mikeel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mikeel »

ok then
excusme for the mistake i made. thanks for having correct it.
Sleepie
Director
Director

Post by Sleepie »

I have added my 1st scenario 'Water and Mountains' to the new Wiki-area: List of player-made scenarios. You can find it under the category Scenario by Setting - Temperate.

I hope you enjoy it.

Many thanks to Jupix for your great help and hosting :)

Sleepie
Denke nie gedacht zu haben, denn das Denken der Gedanken ist gedankenloses Denken.
Wiki Page/Talk, Member of the OpenTTD Scenarios Team
Looking for OpenTTD scenarios? - Here's a List of player-made scenarios. Please help us grow the database with your contributions.
Jupix
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Jupix »

Yay, a new scenario! ;)

No probs. Again, if anyone needs hosting for their scenario(s), I can host the file.
#################
mikeel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mikeel »

i then that also an index page, with all the scenarioes, in order of posting will be useful: in this way i can understand what are the new scenarioes whithout control every category.
(i know my english is terrible-i hope you've understand)
Jupix
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Jupix »

How about a "Recent Additions" paragraph?
#################
mikeel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mikeel »

Jupix wrote:How about a "Recent Additions" paragraph?
yes it can be
thebrightside
Engineer
Engineer

Post by thebrightside »

Just a new scenario I made in version 0.4.8 (Happily going to switch to 5 now...) Anyway it's basically a bunch of islands of diffrent sizes.
Starts in 1935. Tropical/Desert set. Size:1024x1024.
Attachments
TheIsles v.1.1.scn
(463.57 KiB) Downloaded 2370 times
islesmap2.png
(256.55 KiB) Downloaded 310 times
islesmap1.png
(70.95 KiB) Downloaded 440 times
bogdans
Engineer
Engineer

Iberian Peninsula

Post by bogdans »

This is my bare-bones Iberian scenario - town density is much higher in some places than in others, there are no industries, no rivers and no trees.

Scenario: http://www.amherst.edu/~bstate09/OTTD/Iberia01.scn
Heightmap: http://www.amherst.edu/~bstate09/OTTD/Iberian.png

Still, you might like it. I need a patch for more than 500 towns to get this thing as comprehensive as I would want it to be. Does anyone have any ideas how to do that?[/url]
Sleepie
Director
Director

Re: Iberian Peninsula

Post by Sleepie »

bogdans wrote:I need a patch for more than 500 towns to get this thing as comprehensive as I would want it to be. Does anyone have any ideas how to do that?
Afaik, you could have much more than 500 towns on a map. I assume you have reached the 'custom names' limit, have you?.

From my knowledge 'custom names' are:
- All things you have renamed in a game/scenario, like towns, stations, vehicles
- All signs
Denke nie gedacht zu haben, denn das Denken der Gedanken ist gedankenloses Denken.
Looking for OpenTTD scenarios? - Here's a List of player-made scenarios. Please help us grow the database with your contributions.
RMJ
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by RMJ »

Hello

I just played alittle around with the guide on height maps by MGsteve..

here is a 2048x2048 Denmark map. Is has alittle more hills that some may say there really is, but i didn want it to be to flat

made it mainly for myself, but might as well share it.. didn really find a good way to scale it to 1024x1024. May have been better, because the 2048x2048 are as far as i know stil unplayable over network or the internet.

//RMJ
Attachments
Denmark by RMJ.PNG
(832.39 KiB) Downloaded 318 times
Sergej_S
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Graphics

Post by Sergej_S »

I welcome all!

At me the question - whether is a good detailed map of Germany,
As the script for OpenTTD, I want to make a gift for the friends
From Germany?

Sergej
Librium
Engineer
Engineer

A saved game scenario-like thingy

Post by Librium »

Note: works in nightlies r8236 and later and MiniIN (I think) NOT 0.5.0 or 0.4.8. Sorry.

Not really a scenario, but something like that sort. Messenger Transport has recently finished building the expansion of it's lines. Before, the only line was a single line with three coal stations. Now there are six or so, with three stations. The company's finances have been driven to it's knees.

Add stations, expand the network and keep the cities happy.

Some cheats are already active, because they were nessesary to create the scenario. Just take a look at the graphs.

Enjoy. Preety good for a first attempt, huh?
Attachments
Screenshot of tracks.
Screenshot of tracks.
Messenger Transport, 30th Jan 1993.png (88.12 KiB) Viewed 1541 times
Messenger Transport, 29th Jan 1993.sav
Should be the right file. If you have wayy too much money(40mil), PM me.
(102.62 KiB) Downloaded 278 times
seawar ass ttd player
Engineer
Engineer

Post by seawar ass ttd player »

Ive made a scenario of Denmark based on positions of the citys, therefor it is in start quite clearly to see where i live, untill we get som citys from Judland on too.

Note: theres no industries, only the citys/towns
Attachments
Danmark fra height.scn
Scenario made from height, means OTTD rc 5 or higher. Citys placed around the real positions.

Recommended for danish poeple, as they might now some of the citys.

Write to me if u want ur city and area on this scenario.
(403.26 KiB) Downloaded 318 times
Danish set drawer | - im not good at drawing, but i will always give a try if u ask me. :D

Free money?
Bux.to
Clix4Coins

OOps i put an "s" to much into my name, i should have been named: seawar as ttd player
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I'm still busy making this scenario, I made all decent sized cities within the country boundries so far. Now, I'm in doubt what to do with the foreigh cities. And I don't know if I want to add industries. Your opinions please?
Attachments
screenshot.png
(49.06 KiB) Downloaded 356 times
The Netherlands (by Purno).scn
Scenario of the Netherlands, made with OpenTTD 0.5.0, unfinished.
(476.47 KiB) Downloaded 296 times
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Toni Babelony
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Toni Babelony »

Purno wrote:I'm still busy making this scenario, I made all decent sized cities within the country boundries so far. Now, I'm in doubt what to do with the foreigh cities. And I don't know if I want to add industries. Your opinions please?
It looks really nice! This would fit the NS-Set really well. I'd like to connect Utrecht and Leiden with a GOOD train service. Not with a single-line local train... (although they're called 'InterCity' services...) :roll:

If you're in a pinch with the foreign cities you could always look the population up on wikipedia, I think. Or you can ask the good old "Bosatlas". (General dutch school atlas book)

About the industries: please build them as realistic as possible and don't try to make compromises with the resources! :wink:
Retired JapanSet developer and creator of TIAS.
Sleepie
Director
Director

Post by Sleepie »

Purno wrote:I'm still busy making this scenario, I made all decent sized cities within the country boundries so far. Now, I'm in doubt what to do with the foreigh cities. And I don't know if I want to add industries. Your opinions please?
Very nice so far, keep it up :) I'm missing some trees :wink: About the industries I have the same opinion as Tony, try to place them at their real life locations (although this will be a huge amount of work, but I think its worth the effort).

Maybe you could play a little with the height level in that huge flat region of the map to make it a bit more diversified (for an example some areas at heightlevel 2 and some at level 0).

And don't forget to add the map to the List of player-made scenarios when you have finished it :wink:
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

@trees: I'll add them at certain areas once the rest is done.
@industries: I'll add them, though I'll need an industry map of the Netherlands. I need to know where in the Netherlands there are coal mines, for example.
@foreign cities: Problem is they're hard to locate. There's barely any recognizable terrein such as rivers (tho Antwerpen is easy to locate).
@height level: I used a heightmap from Google Eearth and the plugin, as described in a sticky here. I'm not gonna mess with the height levels as ATM it's as realistic as it can be.

Thanks for your comments :))
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”