[OTTD] Scenarios

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Scia
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Scia »

Yes it is artic. And it is a very nice map. Please finish it. It would really be a nice map to play on :D Nice rivers so it is also suitable for intermodal transport (once the transfer button gets fixed). Keep it up! :wink:

Regards,

Scia
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Truely amazing :)
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Here's another scenario from my hand. Unfortunately I was unable to discover how to build Lumber Mills. So, if someone else could do that?
Attachments
screenshot #1.png
screenshot #1.png (126.1 KiB) Viewed 1697 times
Sun Burner.scn
(69.56 KiB) Downloaded 502 times
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

Nice town names Purno! :wink:

James
(British) Modular Stations Set - Thread: | Website:
Swiss Set - Thread: | Website:
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

*hehe*, can you figure out all 25? :wink:

Hint: Sort the town directory at population, and sort the member list at postcount
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
webfreakz.nl
Director
Director
Location: Localhost, 127.0.0.1, [The Netherlands: South Holland-> Westland]

Post by webfreakz.nl »

Is there a chance this scenario will be included?
If there is, I will try to finish it.

Please note that the some canals still have to be removed and this map is completely built to generate the most money possible (all industries at max-production-level) :P
Attachments
UNNAMED.scn
(391.08 KiB) Downloaded 314 times
# Programming is like sex, one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life. (Michael Sinz)
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

"Game load failed"...
Image Image
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

MeusH wrote:
richk67 wrote:OK. Latest version of AFRICA! v0.47
It is almost perfect! The terrain is a difficult bareer to pass, I see towns, industries :) In my opinion think it lacks some towns (about 3) in Europe (Greece, Italy (including Sicily) is almost empty).
I can complain only about emptyness of ocean. You've missed some islands, perfect for Hovercrafts and airplanes: Ascencion island and St Helena island on the Atlantic Ocean.
Seychelles islands and many more around Madagascar in Indian Ocean.
New updated version of AFRICA! v0.50. Ive added quite a few towns and a couple of larger cities to Europe. Enough to make the Med worth a few hovercraft anyway.

Added Ascension Is, St Helena, Mauritius islands, Mahe (Seychelles), and the Comoros Islands. Beefed up Socotra into a place to go ;) And for a busy island... try Madeira.

Date set to 1945. The Wills 2-8-0 should be offered that year, so time for some planning, lay tracks, and by that time an engine should be available.

Let me know if you need anything more on this. (Minimal number of antennas - I want to let players remodel the land as they require.)

I have nothing more I want to add to it - so if it passes the MeusH test, its ready for committing.

Have fun!

(works on r3271+ .... designed for 0.4.5)
Attachments
Africa050.scn
AFRICA v0.50.
(672.57 KiB) Downloaded 626 times
Last edited by richk67 on 23 Dec 2005 13:31, edited 1 time in total.
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Want to organise your trains? Try Routemarkers.
--- ==== --- === --- === ---
Firework Photography
webfreakz.nl
Director
Director
Location: Localhost, 127.0.0.1, [The Netherlands: South Holland-> Westland]

Post by webfreakz.nl »

Purno wrote:"Game load failed"...
It works with nightly r3308 here? It doesn't with 0.4.0.1 (!)
# Programming is like sex, one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life. (Michael Sinz)
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Ah I see, I have 0.4.0.1 :(

Could you post a screenshot?
Image Image
DarkLoki
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DarkLoki »

An bigger version of my river scenario. To minimise flooding i placed all the town on higher area's. Its still work in progress.
Attachments
A screenshot
A screenshot
riverp.PNG (144.64 KiB) Viewed 1450 times
River20.scn
The scenario
(25.6 KiB) Downloaded 357 times
0beron
Engineer
Engineer

Post by 0beron »

Okay I've finished modifying the archipelago map, I found that adding patchy areas of forest was pointless since they grew back so fast. Also the cacti in the desert seem to thin themselves out automatically until there are very few left. I've sprinkled some around anyway. Added some odd extra industries and three or four towns, plus I boosted the size of the desert towns to get them started.
Attachments
Archipelago.scn
The updated scenario (saved with a nightly from a few weeks ago..)
(155.34 KiB) Downloaded 329 times
archmap.png
Minimap
(51.9 KiB) Downloaded 397 times
thor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by thor »

Purno wrote:Ah I see, I have 0.4.0.1 :(

I created a Denmark.scn 2048*2048 (not finished) with user: cccp's [pngmap10_win_152] unofficial release, wich can interpret 16-bit PNGs. This SCN will not play in 0.4.0.1. Error: GAME LOAD FAILED.

Should I continue designing the SCN for future sharing with everyone on official releases, or should I just forget the whole thing?

/Thor
Attachments
dump.gif
dump.gif (15.3 KiB) Viewed 9939 times
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

thor wrote:
Purno wrote:Ah I see, I have 0.4.0.1 :(

I created a Denmark.scn 2048*2048 (not finished) with user: cccp's [pngmap10_win_152] unofficial release, wich can interpret 16-bit PNGs. This SCN will not play in 0.4.0.1. Error: GAME LOAD FAILED.

Should I continue designing the SCN for future sharing with everyone on official releases, or should I just forget the whole thing?

/Thor
Will Powerpoint 9 presentations load in Powerpoint 5? Same idea.

Your new scenario will work fine in all versions *after* the revision in which it was created. Many of us use the nightly build to test new scenarios. I personally target all mine at v0.4.5. - v0.4.0.1 is old.
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Want to organise your trains? Try Routemarkers.
--- ==== --- === --- === ---
Firework Photography
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Scenarioes working in current (current today, and now, when I write this post and when you read this post) nightly are good.
Downloading, processing, "rating pending"

As for Denmark scenario - keep up, work on it :)
Gorre
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Gorre »

DarkLoki wrote:An bigger version of my river scenario. To minimise flooding i placed all the town on higher area's. Its still work in progress.
This scenario is pretty funny, I always like to have huge agricultural areas. Good one!
DarkLoki
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DarkLoki »

G0RR3 wrote:This scenario is pretty funny, I always like to have huge agricultural areas. Good one!
Thank you :D . Where i live almost the entire landscape is agricultural so i wanted to do the same in my scenario.
thor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by thor »

I will work on the 2048*2048 Denmark.scn.

Features expected:
Cities correct in size
Forests
Heights (not many in Denmark, though :-))
Lakes
Bridges (Denmark has more than 400 islands)
Highways and major rutes
Industries according to Danish industries (Adjusted to gaming possibilities)
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Sounds great, got any development screenies?
Image Image
thor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by thor »

Purno wrote:Sounds great, got any development screenies?
Sure - but only cities have been added here... I spent a lot of time trying to get the heightmap imported with best results.
Attachments
Jutland-and-Funen.png
This PNG shows "Jylland" and "Fyn" and "Samsø" with a few added cities.
(170.81 KiB) Downloaded 351 times

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”