Off the rails

Problems with Transport Tycoon?
0trojanvirus0
Engineer
Engineer

Off the rails

Post by 0trojanvirus0 »

Morning guys. like a lot of people, I destroyed my laptop by upgrading to Windows 10...
Installed TTD, but getting an "TTD stopped working message the moment I try to play, the same with regular TT:
Anybody know how I can get the game to work... :cry:
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Off the rails

Post by FooBar »

TT or TTD for that matter don't really work on anything newer than Windows XP. You can run the DOS versions from DOSBOX. For the Windows version you need TTDPatch to get it to work.
Easiest is probably to just install OpenTTD. It's basically the same, just better.
WWTBAM

Re: Off the rails

Post by WWTBAM »

TTDPatch will still work if you want to play TTD without all the recent NewGRF's. Older NewGRFs work. It also isn't that hard to setup unless you are running 64bit and then it is just a bit of registry editing that needs doing. If you chose to use TTDPatch, make sure to use the version linked in my signature rather than any of the versions on the TTDPatch website.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/

Return to “Problems”