Sersious gameplay problems, please help.

Problems with Transport Tycoon?
BlackWolf
Engineer
Engineer

Sersious gameplay problems, please help.

Post by BlackWolf »

Ok I decided since... well something like 10 year or so to play sme TTD. Hey how cool is that, I actually got t runnin, everything is nice and all... BUT.
Am I freaking stupid, have lost all my brains or why the heck it took me like 15 hours to realize that if I build train depot at the end of station my trains auto repair... I make same way ship depot at the beginning of every dock, and Woohoo autorepair.... But how the HECK I repair my plains and helicopters and cars?

No offence to anyone but I have no idea how I ever played this game back when it was fresh if it was really that bad that I must manually tell every unit of mine to go to repair. That is plain, stupid and idiotic. I try to rally them to depot and all without sucess. This must be cause nowdays players are not as clever as they used to be... I blame you all who make those games that doesnt require brains anymore! FFS! how annoying can such small thing to be? I can live with it, just I have no idea was I dumber back then to let such thing pass by or am I such stupid nowdays or this game such awesome, that it doesnt really matter, yet it is annoying.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Re: Sersious gameplay problems, please help.

Post by PikkaBird »

BlackWolf wrote:Ok I decided since... well something like 10 year or so to play sme TTD. Hey how cool is that, I actually got t runnin, everything is nice and all... BUT.
Am I freaking stupid, have lost all my brains or why the heck it took me like 15 hours to realize that if I build train depot at the end of station my trains auto repair... I make same way ship depot at the beginning of every dock, and Woohoo autorepair.... But how the HECK I repair my plains and helicopters and cars?
Your vehicles will automatically seek out a depot to service themselves every so often. The default values are every 150 game days for road vehicles and every 100 days for aircraft.
BlackWolf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BlackWolf »

Yeah I found out the real problem, in some settings service time is set to 16 000 days and I cant for some reason change it :(
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Did you try that from within the game?
In OpenTTD (and thus also in TTD), settings done from the main menu have no effect on settings in a game that you load (except a few gui-related ones).
Also, it may be the case that changing the setting has no effect on vehicles you already created, you should be able to set it manually for each vehicle in (unfortunately) in about 16000-150 clicks.

Return to “Problems”