OpenTTD Portable Update

Problems with Transport Tycoon?
Peroxide
Engineer
Engineer

OpenTTD Portable Update

Post by Peroxide »

Due to administration rights and low disk space on my computer I downloaded the portable version of OpenTTD wich I found http://portableapps.com/apps/games/open ... table]here

Its only version 1.1.3 so I was kind of hoping someone could help me figure out how to update it to the latest version without doing any coding if its possible.

The differences between the two is all the files that are required to run the game are placed into a single application wile all downloaded and saved content is stored in files.

The actual game downloaded from the website has all the files then the game start up.

If its possible I wold like to know and how. thanks.

P.S. First time on these forums so if I got the category wrong please don't flame. I was looking for the most active board.
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: OpenTTD Portable Update

Post by Rubidium »

If you would have read OpenTTD's readme carefully you would have noticed that it is very well possible to create a portable version of OpenTTD from the standard download from the OpenTTD website. There is no need to download it from the portable apps website.
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kogut »

It should be here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewforum.php?f=31 ( Board index » OpenTTD » OpenTTD Problems ) .
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
Peroxide
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Peroxide »

Rubidium wrote:If you would have read OpenTTD's readme carefully you would have noticed that it is very well possible to create a portable version of OpenTTD from the standard download from the OpenTTD website. There is no need to download it from the portable apps website.

Im not a coding nerd and I havn't actually downloaded the files because I was slightly confused and due to administration rights.

I downloaded it from portable apps site because i seen it there before and I trust them enough to know it would work.
In the information area it says it was published by "OpenTTD Team." So I figured "they have a portable version on the site" witch I could not find so my instinct was to go on the forums and ask.

Never Mind

I solved the problem buy doing everything manually.

Thank god for wikipedia and youtube.

Return to “Problems”